Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$36.16
8 hrs ago
Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$25.58

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 04-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
Default Playstation Vita 3000

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...arked-in-japan

May be a bit premature but it looks like the Vita is getting a new revision. Appears to be similar to the current model but with an HDMI port which would seemingly make the PS TV irrelevant.
Quote:
A new model of PlayStation Vita could be coming soon, as a trademark for a redesigned take on Sony's handheld has been filed in Japan.

The trademark, which first surfaced on Twitter, provides any early look at the device. Unsurprisingly, it looks very similar to last year's 2000 model, albeit with the addition of what appears to be an HDMI port, as pointed out by NeoGAF user Jignx.

The device doesn't appear to veer all that far from the first redesign, which scrapped the original's pricey OLED display for a more cost-effective LCD solution.

According to a rough translation of the post, this new model won't mark the return of the gorgeous OLED, as the trademark -- which was filed earlier this month -- described it as "a portable LCD screen game machine controller."

What would you like to see from this alleged redesigned PlayStation Vita? Does the 2000 model even need refinement? Let us know what you think in the comments.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:24 PM   #2

Jul 2009
Ridge, NY

I hope they start pushing this more. I think it is a great system and have many games for it. Also the remote link to play PS4 games is great as well.

I have an OLED version in white, but I'm not to much into the HDMI output, as when I play games on this, I'm usually not near a tv and on the go.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

I'd definitellly get a second vita, best handheld ever
Old 04-21-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
Expert Member

Jul 2009
WI

Saw this on reddit yesterday, didn't see the bit about the HDMI port. It would be nice if they could had physical shoulder buttons so you had R1/R2 and L1/L2.

Sony needs to do something with the Vita, it is such a great little handheld and they do jack to push it and I am not sure I have ever seen an ad for it on TV.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:38 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

This is a great handheld. I just wish there were more games for it. I mostly play sports games on it (being a casual gamer), but the sheer power of the thing lends to improved sims. Madden 13 is the best portable football game ever. The touch screen is very nice as well, which I use quite a bit. I like it better than managing a stylus with a more fragile DS/3DS screen.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:45 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
I live where you vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 View Post
This is a great handheld. I just wish there were more games for it. I mostly play sports games on it (being a casual gamer), but the sheer power of the thing lends to improved sims. Madden 13 is the best portable football game ever. The touch screen is very nice as well, which I use quite a bit. I like it better than managing a stylus with a more fragile DS/3DS screen.
The best portable football game is Fifa on the vita. :P
I also own madden 13 and is also good.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #7
Expert Member

May 2015

The Vita 3000 should be an exact replica of the Vita 1000
Thanks given by:
Deathbymonkeys (05-04-2015), Hayabusa85 (06-06-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #8
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Interesting, the dev kit Vita has had an HDMI out from day one so really don't see why it couldn't be in the retail model.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #9

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Interesting, the dev kit Vita has had an HDMI out from day one so really don't see why it couldn't be in the retail model.

The plastic of the machine looks like the plastic of PSP Street
Old 06-15-2015, 05:57 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
I live where you vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rockie View Post
The Vita 3000 should be an exact replica of the Vita 1000
hell nah, I love my 1000, but that backside needed to be smaller, I have turn off the feature in FIFA so that I could play w my fingers relaxed. I'm still waiting/hoping they let use resize software wise the back touchscreen, I would assume this would be simple enough, but it is sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post

Prob due to costs, it was already way too expensive from the get go and adding HDMI would increase the cost.

What I was hoping would be an airplay/mirror screen to my PS3, if even an iPad 2 can do airplay I would assume the vita could handle it as well.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:05 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Why would they release another Vita model? These things sell worse than the Wii U itself.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Why would they release another Vita model? These things sell worse than the Wii U itself.
maybe bc its not selling well. Thats why tehy would release a new model. Bring down production costs so what they put out there costs less for them and they make more money off the ones that do sell. Depending on any new features added, it could be a selling point to get consumer
Old 07-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
The Vita sells better than the Wii U thanks to Japan where it has sold fairly well. As Havok said the most likely reason would be cost cutting just like the 2000. I would like to suggest Sony would finally get a clue and switch to non-proprietary memory with SD cards. But at this point it is too late and I doubt Sony would get a clue. Shame they were so dumb with it. Nintendo can't control the third party problem on the Wii U but Sony had control of what held the Vita back. Still my favorite handheld ever though despite Sony failing so much with the proprietary memory pricing, lack of marketing and not releasing games for their own system.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Sure the Vita's doing great in Japan but the west? It's pretty much dead and only used as a controller with a screen for PS4.

And yeah, you're right it's too late to permit cards by 3rd parties so just gotta stick to what's available. Other than the steep price the 64GB is brilliant.

Anyway, the PSTV is highly underrated and underappreciated in the west as some useless device but once you get to use its potential it's awesome. It's the PSP I always wanted.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:58 PM   #15
Special Member

Jul 2010
San Francisco CA

Vita and PSTV are both fantastic devices. the Vita is criminally underrated in the West and unfortunately it lies largely with mismanaged roll out of the device. PSP/PS1 support should have been there Day one and the Western Style military shooters that launched with the Vita were horrible messes that reviewed poorly and put off many would be buyers. The PSTV has the problem of not knowing what the hell it wants to be. It doesn't play all the Vita games, It Sucks as a set top streaming box (no F'n Netflix for F sake they would put netflix on a Friggin Toaster if it had a screen) So what is it really?

To be fair I own 2 1000 Vitas (love that OLED) and a PSTV and The Vita's get plenty of use but the PSTV is not even hooked up at the moment. The fire TV and Roku are just better streamers. ITs very unfortunate but as long as games keep coming out I will keep buying them. I would be curious to see what the software attachment rate is on the Vita. I would think that based on the number of units sold and now the Niche type of game's being released the attachment rate is actually pretty good.

T
Old 07-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydrugar View Post
. I would be curious to see what the software attachment rate is on the Vita. I would think that based on the number of units sold and now the Niche type of game's being released the attachment rate is actually pretty good.

T
Every article I've read involving the Vita is that it's fanbase is the most rabid when it comes to buying games. They never tout real numbers but they always say the attach rate is pretty large. I love relaxing after work on my couch playing PS1 games on it. Currently playing Suikoden through again on it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable