Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$34.84
16 hrs ago
Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$24.97
12 hrs ago
Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 09-28-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Default PS Vita 2.. Nahhh

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...vita-successor

Quote:
That's a tough question," he replied when asked about a PlayStation Vita 2. "People have mobile phones and it's so easy to play games on smartphones," Yoshida said. "And many games on smartphones are free, or free to start.

"I myself am a huge fan of PlayStation Vita and we worked really hard on designing every aspect. Touch-based games are fun - there are many games with really good design. But having sticks and buttons make things totally different.

"So I hope, like many of you, that this culture of playing portable games continues but the climate is not healthy for now because of the huge dominance of mobile gaming."
Well I think Yoshida's statement above would be the entire opposite had they invested more into it to take advantage of the PS Vita's power & backed it with more exclusive games when it launched & continued to invest because it was more powerful than any Smartphone & even had 3G four years ago. I remember watching the E3 reveal of Uncharted & SF.. Heck even an OLED screen on it. The price tag was hefty however I thought Sony would make up for that by having cheaper priced AAA games & cheap memory cards. It truly is sad to see such potential wasted. If he was a "huge fan" of the Vita maybe he could of fought harder to keep it relevant by today's standards instead of playing Mobile on his Ericsson. Ok that's harsh but as a Vita owner & all the hype that went along with it at its launch.. I expected a little more fight against the competition to come.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:53 AM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

The vita is an incredible hand held. It's library has a lot of what I play, and the system will be part of my rotation for years to come.

That said, Sony didn't do JACK to help this system. They didn't promote it outside of launch, didn't design games for it, and frankly, didn't show any interest in their own product. They killed it themselves.
Thanks given by:
Kurri (10-15-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Didn't expect a successor but they need to own up. More than 50 million 3DS have sold so yeah mobile gaming killing handhelds must have been it. Non-proprietary memory cards alone would have doubled Vita sales. Better first party support would have moved even more.
Thanks given by:
Kurri (10-15-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #4

Jan 2009

im still hoping that it will come....one day
Old 10-25-2015, 08:13 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Quote:
Sony is leaving PlayStation Vita development to third parties, a top executive said, as the company focuses its efforts to the PlayStation 4.

Masayasu Ito, a senior vice president with the company, told the Japanese-language site 4Gamer that "first-party studios have no titles in development for PS Vita," adding that Sony Computer Entertainment's strategy now is "to focus on PS4." (That's according to a translation by the DualShockers.)
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...ita/ar-BBmpb7J

More information regarding Sony's stance on first party Vita games.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #6
Expert Member

Aug 2015

It seems like Sony thinks that remote play is close enough to giving us console quality games on Vita.
That being said I bought a Vita because of the JRPG and indie titles as well as the back catalouge.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable