Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$32.78
22 hrs ago
Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$24.11

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 10-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #1

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario
Default Went Vita Shopping

So, went Vita shopping today and so glad to have picked up so much great stuff brand new in physical stores!!!

So, the actual Vita console I had come in on Friday from Japan (so yes that is the one thing not bought in a physical store haha)

Than today went to some physical stores before going online.

Got these games and the case from Video Game Plus (Canadian store, but they sell online also) They also had 3 other games I want, but I will buy later since it's too much money at once

And surprisingly, at a local EB Games they had a brand new copy of Legend of Heros which I picked up and even they were surprised to sell it haha!

But yeah, Vita games are a high priority since I prefer to only buy Brand New and they will stop printing games in March 2019!
Old 10-21-2018, 10:54 PM   #2
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

Love the avatar. I truly miss my '03 WRX. I had the 2nd set of European Projector headlights brought in by fastwrx. Had a Cosworth Longblock and a JDM 6Speed DCCD trans swap among my mods. Probably the 2nd largest mistake Ive made letting it go.
On to the Vita, I had one, let it go when Vita TV came about and never replaced it. Im in the US, and you're in Canada, so we both run the same power, does it charge the same or do I need an adapter for it to work? I still have my charging cradle and most accessories and a few games. Im considering ordering one from Japan. My understanding is the games are region free and you can use your US PSN on there? I need to get on the ball about grabbing games before they jump in price. haven't seen them in stores new this year I don't think.
Nice haul!
Old 10-23-2018, 05:59 AM   #3

Aug 2018
Canada, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalm_7 View Post
Love the avatar. I truly miss my '03 WRX. I had the 2nd set of European Projector headlights brought in by fastwrx. Had a Cosworth Longblock and a JDM 6Speed DCCD trans swap among my mods. Probably the 2nd largest mistake Ive made letting it go.
On to the Vita, I had one, let it go when Vita TV came about and never replaced it. Im in the US, and you're in Canada, so we both run the same power, does it charge the same or do I need an adapter for it to work? I still have my charging cradle and most accessories and a few games. Im considering ordering one from Japan. My understanding is the games are region free and you can use your US PSN on there? I need to get on the ball about grabbing games before they jump in price. haven't seen them in stores new this year I don't think.
Nice haul!
Oh, a Subaru bro
Funny, I actually also owned a 02 wrx with a visual/interior replica STI JDM build, and I also to this day regret selling it! Something about the older year Subaru's....they just felt more special and raw. I like my 2018, but it's not the same haha.

~

So about the charging....luckily the Japanese charger works. You can charge it via AC Adapter or by USB via your computer.
So yeah, out of the box your set to go without any other necessary purchases. The new 2000 series even comes with 1gig storage so it's enough if your doing only physical games. I personally only buy physical games, but I still ended up buying a used 8gig for cheap for just in case.

This is the Japanese seller I bought mine from if your curious.
https://pages.ebay.com/messages/CA_p...vjdn|qhqib*155

Regarding region free. Yeah, so all games are region free, however there is a catch!
So for our PSN accounts. Most likely we both are using North American accounts. So what happens is, yes you can play any imported game....but if that game has DLC, you cannot buy it through the PSN store since DLC is locked to region. I almost made the mistake of buying Ridge Racer Vita, until i found out it had DLC so I needed the North Americian version.

Now, there is a way to by pass this. Just make a Japanese PSN or European PSN account and download the DLC......BUT......to do this you need to reformat the PS Vita everytime which is a pain in the butt haha. So yeah, I'd only import games that don't have DLC that you want.

Anyways, yeah now is the time to buy Vita if you still want it since you can still buy the Brand New for a good price. The games however are starting to creep up, so I'm basically trying to buy everything I want now before all the games become collector items haha.
Thanks given by:
thecalm_7 (10-23-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 06:49 AM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

If you buy the game physically you can play it on any account regardless of DLC. Though playing it on another account you only just get the game as is without DLC.
If downloaded on PSN, you can only play it on the same region regardless of DLC.

Of course there’s also the matter of trophies like if the game has DLC trophies.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:22 AM   #5
Banned

Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukaa_Sa View Post
So, went Vita shopping today and so glad to have picked up so much great stuff brand new in physical stores!!!

So, the actual Vita console I had come in on Friday from Japan (so yes that is the one thing not bought in a physical store haha)

Than today went to some physical stores before going online.

Got these games and the case from Video Game Plus (Canadian store, but they sell online also) They also had 3 other games I want, but I will buy later since it's too much money at once

And surprisingly, at a local EB Games they had a brand new copy of Legend of Heros which I picked up and even they were surprised to sell it haha!

But yeah, Vita games are a high priority since I prefer to only buy Brand New and they will stop printing games in March 2019!
Hey there. Maybe a dumb question, but where's the best place online to get a new system and what do they go for?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable