Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Venom: Let There Be Carnage 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99
2 hrs ago
Ronin 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
The Manchurian Candidate 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Training Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
4 hrs ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
4 hrs ago
The Batman 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
Cool Hand Luke 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
10 hrs ago
Dreams 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
6 hrs ago
Jurassic World: Dominion 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Health/Fitness

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2016, 03:24 AM   #1
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
145
393
57
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default Running/Jogging enthusiasts

I was never much of a runner or a jogger before I joined a gym 15 weeks ago but I seem to be taking to it like a fish to water. Any other runners or joggers here? Odd reaction for me, my main intent in joining a gym was to promote overall physical fitness and try to get ripped.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:25 PM   #2
Sithlord75 Sithlord75 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Sithlord75's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Norfolk, U.K.
38
198
453
5
85
Default

Runner here too. Took it up last year.

The first 4-6 weeks were a bit of a struggle but managed a 7.5 miler by 10 weeks so was well chuffed with that. Planned to enter a half marathon late last year but got injured which put paid to that.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
soaptrail (06-16-2021)
Old 09-20-2016, 02:54 AM   #3
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
145
393
57
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord75 View Post
Runner here too. Took it up last year.

The first 4-6 weeks were a bit of a struggle but managed a 7.5 miler by 10 weeks so was well chuffed with that. Planned to enter a half marathon late last year but got injured which put paid to that.
I could probably do 7.5 miles but I doubt I could do it in an hour, yet. Really going to try to push it during Sunday's jog, see if I can actually hit the 10k. Would be quite a leap since I haven't gone past 3.05 outside yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
surfdude12 surfdude12 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
surfdude12's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Club Loop
343
112
1
Default

Trying to get back into the running now. Heading back to Orangetheory. I was huge into it back 18 months ago so will take a while to get back. Just need to keep the treadmill slow right now and not overdo it
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #5
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
145
393
57
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Don't know what Orangetheory is but going to google it now. Major Hal Higdon acolyte, used his programs for all 4 of my marathons so far. Ah, I see it's a gym.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:09 PM   #6
surfdude12 surfdude12 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
surfdude12's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Club Loop
343
112
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Don't know what Orangetheory is but going to google it now. Major Hal Higdon acolyte, used his programs for all 4 of my marathons so far. Ah, I see it's a gym.
Yes, its 60 minute workout , about 28 minutes on treadmill, 10 minutes on rower and 20 minutes weightroom.

Treadmill is usually going between
(1) Base: jogging speed
(2) Push: running speed
(3) All out: sprinting speed

Constantly jumping between (1), (2), (3) for 28 minutes.

Then other days they'll do things like timing a 1 mile run, or seeing how far you can run in 28 minutes, etc.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 06:11 PM   #7
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
145
393
57
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdude12 View Post
Yes, its 60 minute workout , about 28 minutes on treadmill, 10 minutes on rower and 20 minutes weightroom.

Treadmill is usually going between
(1) Base: jogging speed
(2) Push: running speed
(3) All out: sprinting speed

Constantly jumping between (1), (2), (3) for 28 minutes.

Then other days they'll do things like timing a 1 mile run, or seeing how far you can run in 28 minutes, etc.
Last night I was on the treadmill at the gym for a 4 mile easy jog and there were 5 other people on the treadmills. I was the only one who was running.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #8
Blu2u Blu2u is offline
Power Member
 
Jan 2012
218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Last night I was on the treadmill at the gym for a 4 mile easy jog and there were 5 other people on the treadmills. I was the only one who was running.
And how many were only walking and still holding onto the sides?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:12 PM   #9
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
145
393
57
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu2u View Post
And how many were only walking and still holding onto the sides?
2, I think. People always say it's rude that I complain about walkers on the treadmill but come on. People can walk outside...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #10
Mike16 Mike16 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Mike16's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Upstate New York & SE Kentucky, USA
108
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
2, I think. People always say it's rude that I complain about walkers on the treadmill but come on. People can walk outside...
Well to be fair, people can run outside as well right?


Anyway back on topic, I shifted from being a long time cyclist to running back in September. I mainly did it because it was easier to change into gym shorts and a t-shirt after a 10-11 hour work day and run around the business park where I work (where 2 "blocks" is roughly a mile) than go home, change into my kit and take my bike out. Right now I'm training for my first 5k at the end of April. I currently run the 1 mile, in about an hour, I have a goal in mind to run 2 miles in 35 minutes or less so I've got a long ways to go.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
soaptrail (06-16-2021)
Old 12-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #11
Blu2u Blu2u is offline
Power Member
 
Jan 2012
218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike16 View Post
Well to be fair, people can run outside as well right?


Anyway back on topic, I shifted from being a long time cyclist to running back in September. I mainly did it because it was easier to change into gym shorts and a t-shirt after a 10-11 hour work day and run around the business park where I work (where 2 "blocks" is roughly a mile) than go home, change into my kit and take my bike out. Right now I'm training for my first 5k at the end of April. I currently run the 1 mile, in about an hour, I have a goal in mind to run 2 miles in 35 minutes or less so I've got a long ways to go.
are your numbers correct? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but the numbers don't add up. First, you are a longtime cyclist so you should have a fairly good cardio base. Secondly, most people can walk a mile in 20 minutes or so. You are "running" at 1 mile an hour?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (12-18-2017)
Old 01-15-2018, 06:59 PM   #12
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
145
393
57
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

The biggest pet peeve I have with running outside are people who use exercise trails to do group slow-walking. There's a sidewalk right there on the other side of the road for walking. Not to mention when you walk 3+ side by side you crowd others and increase the chances of yourselves getting hit by a jogger or a bicyclist. Especially since a lot of people don't seem to realize you're supposed to stay to the right.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #13
Bullitt Bullitt is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bullitt's Avatar
 
Jun 2017
16
5
789
1
1
3
Default

I go to the gym on a regular basis and the only piece of equipment I use is the treadmill,I always enjoyed running,I was there today and Iíll go in the morning again for an hours run.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #14
QElliott17 QElliott17 is offline
Active Member
 
QElliott17's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
223
2251
102
31
Default

I became a runner a year and a half ago, during 2017, I hit 1000 miles on the year, never thought I'd be into it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (01-21-2018), soaptrail (06-16-2021)
Old 01-21-2018, 05:44 PM   #15
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
145
393
57
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Well it's gotten to the point with people on the local trail where if they're on the wrong side of the trail or crowding it I'm going to get closer than necessary when I pass them. Don't like it, use the trail properly or get out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #16
MorrisJay MorrisJay is offline
Banned
 
Feb 2017
Default

I do quite a lot of running, triathlon, etc. I'm doing the Coastal Challenge next weekend.

All the best with your first half marathon. Next will be the full one!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #17
Bullitt Bullitt is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bullitt's Avatar
 
Jun 2017
16
5
789
1
1
3
Default

I’ve had an issue with my achilles on my right leg for a while now and obviously the running isn’t helping but I am enjoying my jogging and don’t want to stop for for any period of time as my motivation will drop.

I’ve had to miss today and while I wanted to go tomorrow I may leave it until Monday but hopefully no longer.
This is a real pain(pardon the pun)when injury is preventing you from pushing yourself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:52 AM   #18
Blu2u Blu2u is offline
Power Member
 
Jan 2012
218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Iíve had an issue with my achilles on my right leg for a while now and obviously the running isnít helping but I am enjoying my jogging and donít want to stop for for any period of time as my motivation will drop.

Iíve had to miss today and while I wanted to go tomorrow I may leave it until Monday but hopefully no longer.
This is a real pain(pardon the pun)when injury is preventing you from pushing yourself.
You can try something like walking at a 14 incline at 4 miles an hour. That will get your heart rate up and let your foot heal up and still keep the cardio strong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #19
Bullitt Bullitt is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bullitt's Avatar
 
Jun 2017
16
5
789
1
1
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu2u View Post
You can try something like walking at a 14 incline at 4 miles an hour. That will get your heart rate up and let your foot heal up and still keep the cardio strong.
I just enjoy running,I donít think I would stick the walking thing too long.
My Mrs has said to go on the bike in the gym but of all the years going,I can honestly say the only bit of equipment I have ever used is the treadmill.

I appreciate what youíre saying as in reality,I am kinda stuck at the moment.
I couldnít go this morning as it is still really sore and have resorted to strong painkillers to help with my mobility.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #20
zman73 zman73 is offline
Power Member
 
zman73's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
345
4880
244
93
667
136
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
I go to the gym on a regular basis and the only piece of equipment I use is the treadmill,I always enjoyed running,I was there today and Iíll go in the morning again for an hours run.
The treadmill is a last resort for me, so boring... would rather be out in nature... when In Italy took and ran around the entire vatican one morning, it was amazing
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
soaptrail (06-16-2021)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Health/Fitness


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:21 PM.