Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far (PS4)
$36.09
13 hrs ago
The Lego Movie 2 Videogame (PS4)
$27.99

Jump Force (PS4)
$49.99

Anthem (PS4)
$49.55
6 hrs ago
Metro Exodus (PS4)
$49.80

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
$47.99

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4)
$41.65

Song Of Memories (PS4)
$49.99
17 hrs ago
The Legend of Heroes: The Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)
$56.18

World War Z (PS4)
$39.96
16 hrs ago
Dead Or Alive 6 (PS4)
$51.99

Spintires: MudRunner (PS4)
$20.19
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 03-16-2019, 12:53 PM   #101
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

The story is linear but yet it isnít. Thereís no like making whoever you play as be the winner of the DOA Tournament and canít prevent anything from happening. But the part that isnít linear is that itís like you could be on like say Chapter 4 of the story but then say unlock an event for say Honoka for Chapter 2 or 3.

Sure every character gets some screentime though I thought it was funny when you play as Honoka and fight Eliot and then thereís no after scene. Itís like uh.... who won? Did Honoka get what she wanted from him or did Eliot win so that he couldnít hand it over to her? Sure playing as Honoka makes you think she won, but thereís no clarifying it.

I also feel like the story spent too much time on sparring and not enough on the Tournament like it only covers a small handful of the matches leaving way to much empty room on like who beat who to get where the Final Round got to. Also everyone attacking Honoka. We get it she has a dangerous power that Raidou also has, but donít need to attack her like 20 times for a misunderstanding. Then with Christie and NiCO taking her away it becomes a see you should have kept her protected not beating her up and weakening her.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:43 PM   #102

Nov 2014

Since weíre talking about Story Mode I was wondering, did
[Show spoiler]Jann Lee
win? They already called the tournament when
[Show spoiler]Diego
made the challenge so that doesnít count, right?

Also, is the ending different depending on who fights
[Show spoiler]Raidou
? I only did the fight once. Maybe completing it with all of them unlocks the night version of that stage, if not it will probably be available in an update.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:59 PM   #103
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
You must be correct about the need to be online, it happened again today. I was getting my hat handed to me in arcade-true fighter when XBL (don't hate, there's no Xbox forum for this game) went down mid fight so I ended up w/ 10/1000 costume parts. Very frustrating

Even worse, when it disconnected the guide popped up telling me I was offline but the game kept going in the background!

Ok, that's out of my system. If it happens again I won't vent here.
Well I broke.

I got the digital deluxe & season pass on Xbox One over PS4.

Factors include,

Native 4K
More consistent fps in 4K mode.
Canadian pricing is identical to US pricing.
PS4 wants $80 for base game + $125 for season pass 1.

Only downsides I can think of,

Xbox OS is sh!t, literally.
Mechanical d-pad on Xbox Controllers is atrocious.
Every single DLC piece has its own licence meaning 60+ downloads for ďthisĒ content.

So hopefully the game can be played relatively well with analog sticks & the online infrastructure gets better along with the game itself over time. I donít care about the story mode. I will play it but like with ALL fighters, itís mostly incoherent fluff. Iíll try & grind online for CP since that deal is limited.

Hopefully April, May, & June gets good stuff.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:20 PM   #104
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

This game got generally positive reviews for being the best DOA in the series. Is that true, or is this game more of the same but with some new characters?

I read this has a new game engine that runs the game play compared to the past, though I wonder how that makes a difference since the game is generally only two fighters onscreen at one time.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:24 PM   #105

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Well I broke.

I got the digital deluxe & season pass on Xbox One over PS4.

Factors include,

Native 4K
More consistent fps in 4K mode.
Iíll be honest, I chose the Xbox version because itís prettier. It is surprising KT and MS didnít promote this, they treat it like a footnote. DOAX gets a fancy chart explaining the differences between platforms but nothing for DOA 6. Well, we did get that pre-order chart... The variable framerate bothered me at first but either it has improved since the demo or Iím just used to it.

I am worried that Xbox has fewer players and online play will dry up soon, I think competitive play is on PS so thatís where players will go. Not sure how it is on PC, maybe Iíll dl the free version on Steam later if my PC can keep up with it.

There were some good players on last night, I do hope for crossplay but I donít know if thereís enough pressure from fans to compel KT to implement it.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:11 AM   #106
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Iíll be honest, I chose the Xbox version because itís prettier. It is surprising KT and MS didnít promote this, they treat it like a footnote. DOAX gets a fancy chart explaining the differences between platforms but nothing for DOA 6. Well, we did get that pre-order chart... The variable framerate bothered me at first but either it has improved since the demo or Iím just used to it.

I am worried that Xbox has fewer players and online play will dry up soon, I think competitive play is on PS so thatís where players will go. Not sure how it is on PC, maybe Iíll dl the free version on Steam later if my PC can keep up with it.

There were some good players on last night, I do hope for crossplay but I donít know if thereís enough pressure from fans to compel KT to implement it.
KT is asking for feedback. I donít know how low the player count is. Iím sure it is lower on Xbox but there should hopefully be enough players to keep it going for awhile. If not, maybe KT will make more changes to the core game.

One pet peeve I have is I got the digital deluxe with season pass & the game tile shows the free version, Core Fighters.

I played a bunch of DOA6 now on graphics mode @ 4K. I watched DFís findings saying performance is a must play only with this title for the locked 60. I say BS after messing around a bunch of different modes. Iíll try Performance just because why not but at 1080, ummmmmmmm no. The game is gorgeous & Yes, the new engine they used is an improvement over 5. The character models & clothing both have better detail. The artistic modeling is mostly the same. I wonder how crazy they could get if they didnít stick to that specific art style.

Another complaint or observation was loading times between matches were annoying. Not on my stock Xbox drive.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:51 AM   #107
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Since weíre talking about Story Mode I was wondering, did
[Show spoiler]Jann Lee
win? They already called the tournament when
[Show spoiler]Diego
made the challenge so that doesnít count, right?

Also, is the ending different depending on who fights
[Show spoiler]Raidou
? I only did the fight once. Maybe completing it with all of them unlocks the night version of that stage, if not it will probably be available in an update.
Fighting him is really a 3 versus 1 type of match. But the game doesnít allow that, so you can only choose 1. I donít remember getting anything for doing all 3 characters other than just a different pre-fight story quote for whichever character you chose.

[Show spoiler]Jann Lee
I am guessing did not keep his win against
[Show spoiler]Diego
because of the rematch after
[Show spoiler]Jann Lee
dropped his guard because of being announced the winner. This is why I say many battles in this story are cowardly especially with the male characters, the enemies and the Ninja. Would it kill Team Ninja to have a girl win the Tournament? Though NiCO for being a villain she sure canít win.

Plus thereís Zack snapping Kokoro out of it and yet seems like she still didnít go to the Tournament unless she is 1 of the people that you donít see fighting. Like Hitomi beat Eliot again but who beat her?

Honoka needs to win the next tournament or at least the story battle for the next game for the way Team Ninja treated her in this game.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:10 AM   #108

Nov 2014

Quote:
KT is asking for feedback. I donít know how low the player count is. Iím sure it is lower on Xbox but there should hopefully be enough players to keep it going for awhile. If not, maybe KT will make more changes to the core game.

One pet peeve I have is I got the digital deluxe with season pass & the game tile shows the free version, Core Fighters.

I played a bunch of DOA6 now on graphics mode @ 4K. I watched DFís findings saying performance is a must play only with this title for the locked 60. I say BS after messing around a bunch of different modes. Iíll try Performance just because why not but at 1080, ummmmmmmm no. The game is gorgeous & Yes, the new engine they used is an improvement over 5. The character models & clothing both have better detail. The artistic modeling is mostly the same. I wonder how crazy they could get if they didnít stick to that specific art style.

Another complaint or observation was loading times between matches were annoying. Not on my stock Xbox drive.
Ya, the title switched to core fighters as soon as that version was released, same thing happened on DOA5LR

I think the extended load time is a server sync of your status between matches, PS4 does it, too.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:12 PM   #109
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Does anyone else think the Trivia is a misleading title? Itís more like 4-koma style manga but without the manga panels and artwork.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #110

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Does anyone else think the Trivia is a misleading title? Itís more like 4-koma style manga but without the manga panels and artwork.
Thatíll be the next update, we earn points to unlock each panel
Old 03-18-2019, 04:28 PM   #111
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Thatíll be the next update, we earn points to unlock each panel
But Trivia is still a misleading title for it.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:14 AM   #112

May 2016

Quote:
I'd be interested in getting stages from older games, they have that museum level (Unforgettable) with parts of two older stages so I'm betting they will have some way to unlock other parts of the museum.
We've got that boxing gym stage (complete with that goofy R&B BGM!) I would love to see some more old stages brought back. The beach level and the temple with the giant Buddha who grabs you would be cool. I won't miss that circus stage, I always found it annoying for some reason. And I'd love the monkey temple from the fourth game! I'm sure we'll get lots of stages over the life of this game.

One thing I wish they would improve is how the giant television screens in the background of arena stages always copy the game camera. I wish those screen would be showing the action from other angles.

As for the first costume pack, I got Raidou that bronze suit because I thought he looked dapper and his character needed a bit more variety in terms of looks. I may also get Kokoro her wedding dress. In DOA5 I rarely bought a whole pack of costumes, usually just one costume or two every now and then. I still ended up with quite a wardrobe selection.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:08 AM   #113

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
But Trivia is still a misleading title for it.
Change the name to Trivial?
Old 03-19-2019, 03:32 PM   #114

Nov 2010
Minnesota

Quote:

I agree with DF. 4k mode looks and feels too choppy, and for me is unplayable or at least unenjoyable. It affects timing and flow, which influences the feel of the game, not to mention immersion. This isn't the first time we've disagreed on frame rate though, and that's just fine.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:23 PM   #115
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy1 View Post
I agree with DF. 4k mode looks and feels too choppy, and for me is unplayable or at least unenjoyable. It affects timing and flow, which influences the feel of the game, not to mention immersion. This isn't the first time we've disagreed on frame rate though, and that's just fine.
I disagree with DF on resolution.

The Xbox X runs at 1440p with a variable refresh rate consistent around 60fps. That’s what I’m seeing & so Priority on Action is acceptable given the Rez downgrade. That said even DF wasn’t sure what Rez the game ran at in Priority graphics.

Also Online is Sh!t

Why are people using McDonalds Wifi to play this game?
Old 03-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #116

Nov 2010
Minnesota

I'm not following. DF said the X version runs at 4k on prioritize graphics at the 2:35 mark. The prioritize action mode is 1080p and locked at 60fps (12:00). After that, he demonstrates the frame rate at 4k, and I agree with what he said about it playability. There wasn't a 1440p mode mentioned.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:23 AM   #117
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzy1 View Post
I'm not following. DF said the X version runs at 4k on prioritize graphics at the 2:35 mark. The prioritize action mode is 1080p and locked at 60fps (12:00). After that, he demonstrates the frame rate at 4k, and I agree with what he said about it playability. There wasn't a 1440p mode mentioned.
Iím not seeing 1080p.

DF is.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:30 AM   #118

Nov 2014

Quote:
Also Online is Sh!t

Why are people using McDonalds Wifi to play this game?
Agreed, I keep getting ďyour opponent has disconnectedĒ on 3/4 of my matches, and Iím rarely in the lead so itís unlikely to be intentional.
I wonder if itís users w/ crap WiFi (never saw an Ethernet symbol) or some backend issue?
Old 03-20-2019, 04:58 AM   #119
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Maybe they have Frontier like I do for internet. Itís internet that makes Dial-Up look good. Or it could be that the internet station that they have that sends out the internet signal to all Routers is actually just a little too far away from where I live. And now iím stuck with this shitty internet until the one who pays the internet bill does something about it which they wonít. Though I normally have 2 bars on my internet signal since they installed a temporarily internet line underground where I live which is not the real thing just something to hold me over for the time being.

Though iíve played with people online that disconnected from their network for only having 1 bar.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Tags
dead or alive, koei tecmo, ps4, team ninja