Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Blu-ray)
$4.99

X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Predator (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Meg (Blu-ray)
$24.99

RED 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
49 min ago
The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$9.99

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15

Peppermint (Blu-ray)
$22.99
7 hrs ago
Bad Boys I & II 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Sailor Moon Super S: Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.37

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA
Default Star Wars (BD Movies) Release Planned for 2011

Great news. According to Digital Bits, Steve Sansweet has mentioned that Lucasfilm Ltd is working on a Star Wars BD release for 2011. The following comes from the Digital Bits website:

Quote:
This is a rare Saturday post with some important breaking news: Lucasfilm's Steve Sansweet has reportedly confirmed, during a panel today at the C2E2 comic convention in Chicago, that the company is now working on a Blu-ray Disc box set of all six Star Wars films loaded with extras, for release "in the not too distant future." We're awaiting any kind of official statement from Lucasfilm - one MAY appear on Star Wars.com in the coming days. Nonetheless, MANY people who were in the panel began Tweeting reports of the news almost the moment the words left Sansweet's mouth. IGN has also reported the news with an actual quote from Sansweet: "We have been at work for a couple of years working on - I won't call it the Ultimate Set because we keep finding stuff - but, a very full set of all six movies on Blu-ray with lots of extra material. We're finding all kinds of scenes from dailies that have never been seen before. Beyond all of those things that you know about... there are some real treasures." There is no other official information at this time, but we'll post additional details when and if they come in.

HOWEVER...

Our own industry sources have actually been checking in with us in recent weeks on this very subject. Our latest information is that Lucasfilm tentatively plans the official Blu-ray release to happen in October 2011. Now, we've been hearing reports like this on and off for years, and until now little has come of it. So we've been waiting to say something here on The Bits until we had a hint of more official confirmation. But now that Sansweet has begun talking about the release, we feel more comfortable reporting on the word from our sources. Plans could obviously change and again, even though Sansweet has hinted that it's coming, none of this constitutes an official announcement. But if current plans remain unchanged, our sources say you'll be enjoying The Force in 1080p next October.

Again, we'll post additional updates as they come in. As always, the above information is to be considered unofficial and subject to change until the studios in question make official announcements. Stay tuned...
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#041710
Old 04-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

You mean like in this thread

https://forum.blu-ray.com/wish-lists...ly-2011-a.html
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Oops. I didn't see that thread.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
It seems to get moved around a lot so don't worry this thread will get merged and in a few more days someone else will create another one and so on
Blufans VIP
R.I.P TOP GEAR 2002-2015 #Clarkson #Hammond #May
My Set up
55' 3D-Vizio M551d-A2R
Xbox One /PS4/ Region free OREI BDP-M2 3D BD player

I Love Taylor Swift
R.I.P Paul Walker 11-30-2013
Old 04-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #5

Jan 2009

Lion King and Star Wars at the same time? Sounds good.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #6
Power Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
Wish list threads seem to live in another world
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America