Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15
23 hrs ago
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Meg (Blu-ray)
$24.99
6 hrs ago
The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Barry Lyndon (Blu-ray)
$18.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Sacrifice! (Blu-ray)
$6.90

The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Which version of Star Wars Blu-ray will you be purchasing (or not)?
The Complete Star Wars Saga 1,335 72.48%
The Prequel Box Set 20 1.09%
The Original Trilogy Box Set 110 5.97%
Not Purchasing Star Wars Blu-ray 377 20.47%
Voters: 1842. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #65501
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogjunk65 View Post
I especially can’t watch any of the Canto Bight scenes. Completely useless subplot.
https://www.tor.com/2017/12/21/why-c...the-last-jedi/
Old 05-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #65502
Power Member

May 2016
Australia

There's this one, too: http://www.zedbravo.com/2017/canto-b...snt-pointless/
My collection
My sale thread
LG OLED55C6 / Yamaha RX-A760 / Oppo UDP-203 (Region Free) / 5.1 Speakers
Old 05-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #65503
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Everyone HATED the prequels when they were being released.

The cycle continues with the sequels.
Why does this hate keep on happening?

Haven't they ever learned to take Luke's advice and let go of their hate?

Last edited by Hardback247; 05-23-2018 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:36 PM   #65504
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

This isn't the thread for the new Star Wars films. This thread is for complaining about the terrible sound mixes and color timing of the Prequels and Original Trilogy on BD and Lucas' horrible changes.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #65505
Special Member

Aug 2007
Taos, NM

but back to the movies. I love em... well episode 1 and 2 suck, but the Disney movies have been fun and am looking forward to catching Solo with my son on Friday after work.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #65506

Sep 2009
An Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardback247 View Post
They still could have accomplished those issues without all the silliness. It didn’t seem natural to me.
I’m living in a pop trash movie
We star together in every scene
We’ll all be famous for those fifteen minutes
Part of a celluloid dream
We star in every scene
And it’s never quite what it seems
Neva...
Old 05-23-2018, 08:03 PM   #65507
Banned

Sep 2017
Philadelphia

I heard that they still haven't released the original trilogy on proper bluray. I have been told this is the 1997 version of Star Wars? Yeah, I'll pass if that's the case. I want the original.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #65508
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlovesGoodPeople View Post
I heard that they still haven't released the original trilogy on proper bluray. I have been told this is the 1997 version of Star Wars? Yeah, I'll pass if that's the case. I want the original.
The blu-rays are the 2011 version as opposed to the 1997 version.
The DVDs were the 2004 version as opposed to the 1997 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillamon51 View Post
Jar-Jar = black
I suspect that has more to do with the viewer than anything in the film. Jar Jar doesn't look, sound or act like any black person I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
I am surrounded by naked cheerleaders.

Saying something doesn't make it true.
They're naked under their clothes.

MHOR CHN LCHT RRD. GU BIDNNG SHN FEHD RO FHUAR. GD J'DI CRRN SA TU NAF EUN OA. - Thon

Last edited by Arawn; 05-23-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Thanks given by:
chrislong2 (05-24-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 10:04 PM   #65509

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlovesGoodPeople View Post
The changes didn't end in 1997 tho, Additional changes were added each time these films were released on a new video format, including the prequels, until Lucasfilm was sold to Disney, who I assume have no intent or interest in altering these films any further. The most pointless and inane set of changes were introduced in 2011 for the Blu-Ray release, which is what you will currently find on store shelves today in all of their disappearing CG rock, Obi Wan screaming with his nuts in a vise, blinking Ewok, Darth Vader yelling NoOOOoOOOoo Glory.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:05 PM   #65510
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
New York City

I enjoy SW but lots of people clearly have unhealthy obsessions with it which probably led to the backlash. Just go on RJ’s Twitter and look at some of the completely deranged tweets he gets. It’s just a movie.
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (05-23-2018), murakaz (05-23-2018), octagon (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 10:52 PM   #65511
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluProofie View Post
I enjoy SW but lots of people clearly have unhealthy obsessions with it which probably led to the backlash. Just go on RJ’s Twitter and look at some of the completely deranged tweets he gets. It’s just a movie.
My SW obsessions are all completely healthy.

Well, okay, most of them...

And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 05-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #65512
Special Member

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post
Simple. One or two non-white or non-male characters over three movies is natural. Two or three non-white or non-male characters in one movie is an agenda.

Ugh.... that's the issue. It shouldn't matter. Had Rey been given a proper arc and not able to be super Jedi master with no problems through 3 films then, at least 2 so far, people would have had less issues with her. Finn, imo, had the more unique and new idea for SW. Either way it's less about using people that aren't "white" and more about bad character writing and placing people in roles so they can say look at these non white males!
Thanks given by:
Sons Of Sparda (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #65513
Special Member

Jan 2011

Quote:
I enjoy SW but lots of people clearly have unhealthy obsessions with it which probably led to the backlash. Just go on RJ’s Twitter and look at some of the completely deranged tweets he gets. It’s just a bad movie.
Fixed for you
Old 05-23-2018, 11:15 PM   #65514
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

I always assumed that most Star Wars fans were just geeky virgins. I guess they are in fact racist, misogynistic geeky virgins.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:16 PM   #65515

Sep 2011

Quote:
Have you seen the video with Rian Johnson explaining what types of movies he wants to make? He wants to piss people off. That, to him, is a great movie. So the fact that he's getting all these tweets means, to him, that he was successful with TLJ.

Skip to 1:07

He should be absolutely thrilled with the response he's getting. It proves (to him) that his movie was a success.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:19 PM   #65516
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobicsquirrel View Post
Ugh.... that's the issue. It shouldn't matter. Had Rey been given a proper arc and not able to be super Jedi master with no problems through 3 films then, at least 2 so far, people would have had less issues with her. Finn, imo, had the more unique and new idea for SW. Either way it's less about using people that aren't "white" and more about bad character writing and placing people in roles so they can say look at these non white males!
That would carry a lot more weight if all this blather about social justice and agendas and quotas had started after people had seen the movies.

But it didn't.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 05-23-2018, 11:35 PM   #65517
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveser View Post
He should be absolutely thrilled with the response he's getting. It proves (to him) that his movie was a success.
That's probably true and I kind of feel the same way.

Some of the things people are upset about are just stupid but there are some good conversations about his movie too.

I think the people bagging on Holdo and defending Poe are kinda nuts but the fact that we were given enough room to argue about whether Poe should have just shut up and followed orders or whether Holdo was a terrible leader for not letting him in on her plans is pretty freaking cool, I think.

Thanks given by:
BluProofie (05-24-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 11:37 PM   #65518
Special Member

Jan 2011

Quote:
That would carry a lot more weight if all this blather about social justice and agendas and quotas had started after people had seen the movies.

But it didn't.
Well it was obvious that Disney was cashing in on the agendas, however if after people did see it then it would have gone away. It didn't because many people were right and others either ignored it or didn't care.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:43 PM   #65519
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobicsquirrel View Post
Well it was obvious that Disney was cashing in on the agendas, however if after people did see it then it would have gone away. It didn't because many people were right and others either ignored it or didn't care.
So basically if the stories and characters had been better the people muttering 'quota hire' before filming even started would have said 'oh, our bad, turns out these characters are organic and feel quite natural after all'.

Color me skeptical.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:48 PM   #65520
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015

Quote:

But it didn't.
You mean it actually started when some people looked at the initial table read and said "There are too many white faces in that room"?

Well, that's weird.
MHOR CHN LCHT RRD. GU BIDNNG SHN FEHD RO FHUAR. GD J'DI CRRN SA TU NAF EUN OA. - Thon
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America