Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Equalizer 3-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$48.55
 
Rudy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
 
Avatar: The Way of Water 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 hr ago
Violent Night 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
21 hrs ago
Boyfriends and Girlfriends (Blu-ray)
$17.99
16 hrs ago
Silver Bullet 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.00
 
The Equalizer 3 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
X (Blu-ray)
$7.50
 
Office Christmas Party 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
19 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
 
Sleepy Hollow 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 hr ago
Tremors 2: Aftershocks 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2022, 07:15 PM   #38321
bhampton bhampton is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
673
2208
49
5
18
BJ's Wholesale Club

I gave her the concert shirt from the first Pink Floyd concert I attended. Nov 1987 at the orange bowl. I'm impressed that shirt hasn't fallen apart yet.

I gave one of my other daughters the Momentary Lapse tour shirt from Orlando. I discovered Floyd after the Final Cut but I never missed a chance to see anyone from PF live at every option.

I'm more interested in Pink Floyd than most other things. Listened to Dark Side and WYWH today on Blu Ray Audio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0856.jpg (17.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0864.jpg (19.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0857.jpg (13.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by bhampton; 09-14-2022 at 07:27 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Vilya (09-14-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 07:24 PM   #38322
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

I still have mine and now I am skinny enough to wear it again! It's in pretty good shape for a 35 year-old t-shirt.

PinkFloyedShirt1.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bhampton (09-14-2022), gotmule (09-14-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 08:24 PM   #38323
crutzulee crutzulee is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
crutzulee's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
Toronto
18
Default

I have quite a collection of vinyl ( some pretty rare) just sitting in the alcove under my stairs, I have Laserdiscs just sitting on the floor of my theater...I guess you guys are right...maybe discs (or platters) are forever...of course I no longer have players for either of them...Luckily UHD players are built like tanks. ... I've never heard of ANYONE having issues with them....
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 08:54 PM   #38324
bhampton bhampton is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
673
2208
49
5
18
BJ's Wholesale Club

I had issues with my UHD player on day 1. Panasonic UB9000.

I had a new Serenity disc and it locked up during the layer change.

I got it exchanged but before the new one showed up I did manage to "fix" the problem by cleaning the disc. The new copy played fine without cleaning.

I have a new agreement with my UHD player - I'll use clean discs and it won't give me any problems. So far it's been perfect since making this new deal.

I have always felt Vinyl is too fragile for me but seeing my daughter fearlessly enjoying it has reminded me of how much fun it is to collect and enjoy media.

I found time today to run through the calibration of my projector.

Last edited by bhampton; 09-14-2022 at 09:34 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
crutzulee (09-14-2022), Ender14 (09-15-2022), Vilya (09-14-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 09:37 PM   #38325
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
That's pretty rich coming from someone that can't play discs from any region. A region free player is very affordable and allows a true film fan to shop the entire world for the movies that they desire. It's hard to buy the "best" when you are restricted to just your home region. Some times the "best" edition comes from another region. Some times you have to import or do without. A true film fan would never willingly do without.

It's also funny how you don't hold TV shows to the same standard. Quality doesn't matter so much there.
Film always has been and always will be my main focus, thatís where the money goes. Tv is great but films are where itís at in terms of collecting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 09:51 PM   #38326
alchav21 alchav21 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
alchav21's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
ST George, Utah
1
2
2
52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
True film fans buy blind and buy best.
Vilya doesn't want to spend another $100K on Movies he will only watch once. Like I said it's all Subjective and very dependent on your equipment and setup...Fantastic!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:23 PM   #38327
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Vilya doesn't want to spend another $100K on Movies he will only watch once. Like I said it's all Subjective and very dependent on your equipment and setup...Fantastic!
What do I want for dinner? Do you know that, too?

There are plenty of objective measurements for video and audio quality and of course that depends upon the equipment used, but it also most definitely depends upon the source. The only subjective part is how we feel about what we see and hear.

I will gleefully spend "another $100K" on movies/TV shows that I want. How many times I watch them is merely a function of my mood, my health, and my lifespan.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bhampton (09-14-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 10:29 PM   #38328
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Vilya doesn't want to spend another $100K on Movies he will only watch once. Like I said it's all Subjective and very dependent on your equipment and setup...Fantastic!
Anytime now, Iím expecting him to declare ďItís all digital nowĒ.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
alchav21 (09-15-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 10:34 PM   #38329
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Anytime now, Iím expecting him to declare ďItís all digital nowĒ.
You can say that now about your TV shows and video games.

You're already two-thirds converted, maybe even more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 10:51 PM   #38330
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
You can say that now about your TV shows and video games.

You're already two-thirds converted, maybe even more.
Ummmm, not quite. I still collect tv shows, just not multi series affairs.

Bought the mini series ĎThe Enfield Hauntingí last week. Pre ordered ĎFrozen Planet 2í. Stuff like Chernobyl, Dekalog, nature docs, mini series, limited series, etc.. are very desirable.

I probably bought around three series on Blu-Ray per year, now itís the above . Not really lessening my spending, just adjusting it for said content.

Gaming? Yeah, I donít replay games and the quality is like for like. Totally different ball game.

Plus, itís not practical removing VR headsets to change games all the time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:03 PM   #38331
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Gaming? Yeah, I don’t replay games and the quality is like for like. Totally different ball game.

Plus, it’s not practical removing VR headsets to change games all the time.
Now who else here also constantly talks about the "convenience" of not having to change discs? You are practically a clone of him already.

So, if the quality of digital movies were "like for like" with discs, you'd abandon them, too, like you have with video games? You have already abandoned TV series on disc, so it is no stretch of the imagination for you to do the same with movies.

If you only intend to watch something once, then to hell with physical media for that reason, too?

You really are not committed to physical media at all. Of all the possible ways to support it (movies, tv series, video games, music) you only really do so in one area: movies and your support there is about as firm as a bowl of Jell-o stirred with a vibrator.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:13 PM   #38332
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Now who else here also constantly talks about the "convenience" of not having to change discs? You are practically a clone of him already.

So, if the quality of digital movies were "like for like" with discs, you'd abandon them, too, like you have with video games? You have already abandoned TV series on disc, so it is no stretch of the imagination for you to do the same with movies.

If you only intend to watch something once, then to hell with physical media for that reason, too?

You really are not committed to physical media at all. Of all the possible ways to support it (movies, tv series, video games, music) you only really do so in one area: movies and your support there is about as firm as a bowl of Jell-o stirred with a vibrator.
No, I said I only play games once. Therefore, the collecting part is irrelevant in that case.

I buy vinyl and I own vinyl. Just in not great numbers.

The watching something once was referring to tv. Film is my passion and I have no qualms buying blind every single time. You lose the excitement watching via streaming before buying.

Why would I care about collecting something Iím not as passionate about.

The discussion is film related relating to HT and home video. Do you want me to start collecting art because that too exists digitally also. Ditto books. Ditto conics.

Silly argument.

My commitment to collecting? Who is the one with zero digital films here?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:32 PM   #38333
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
The discussion is film related relating to HT and home video. Do you want me to start collecting art because that too exists digitally also. Ditto books. Ditto conics.

Silly argument.

My commitment to collecting? Who is the one with zero digital films here?
I only referenced those categories that you actually spend money upon: movies, TV series, music, and video games.

You have rationalized away supporting physical media in all but one of those four categories. It's only a matter of time before you do the same with movies as you have with the other three.

Where did the vast, vast majority of my digital movies come from? They came from the digital code sheets found where again? Why inside of physical media purchases, Einstein!

Who watches my digital collection 99% of the time? My family and my friends, many of whom live in other states. Most of the digital copies that I do buy are for their enjoyment, not mine. I started doing this when the pandemic had everyone living like hermits in their own home.

I buy movies, TV shows, and music almost entirely on physical media. I seldom buy video games at all; what I do have were mostly given to me as gifts because the pleasure of my company is so highly sought after when playing.

It is gaming night tonight, in fact!

Last edited by Vilya; 09-14-2022 at 11:39 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:49 PM   #38334
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I only referenced those categories that you actually spend money upon: movies, TV series, music, and video games.

You have rationalized away supporting physical media in all but one of those four categories. It's only a matter of time before you do the same with movies as you have with the other three.

Where did the vast, vast majority of my digital movies come from? They came from the digital code sheets found where again? Why inside of physical media purchases, Einstein!

Who watches my digital collection 99% of the time? My family and my friends, many of whom live in other states. Most of the digital copies that I do buy are for their enjoyment, not mine. I started doing this when the pandemic had everyone living like hermits in their own home.

I buy movies, TV shows, and music almost entirely on physical media. I seldom buy video games at all; what I do have were mostly given to me as gifts because the pleasure of my company is so highly sought after when playing.

It is gaming night tonight, in fact!
You literally posted that you bought The Black Phone on Vudu.

I believe this habit will only increase. As will the poorly justified excuses
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 11:53 PM   #38335
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
You literally posted that you bought The Black Phone on Vudu.

I believe this habit will only increase. As will the poorly justified excuses
I have watched about 4 of my digital movies this year. The Black Phone was one of them and it is but one movie out of 1160 digital titles. I seldom use my digital collection at all while I watch a disc or two nearly every night.

As I already told you, my blind buying this digitally at a bargain price allowed me to try it at little risk and to share it with my family and friends. Because I liked this movie I will buy it on disc; I'm just going to wait a bit to see if it gets a 4K disc release before doing so.

Had I used cable TV pay per view to try this movie first, you would not have given me any grief at all. It just bugs you if anyone besides yourself uses digital content.

Last edited by Vilya; 09-15-2022 at 05:15 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:10 AM   #38336
cheez avenger cheez avenger is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
cheez avenger's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
423
1100
9
Default

I saw Black Phone in theaters. Then I watched it at home via Peacock in HD/5.1. I will forgo buying the BD, which is more expensive, and go with it in 4K/DV/Atmos via digital. It's all about cost and leverage for me. I know I've mentioned it before.


I just binged the Cyberpunk 2077: Edgerunners anime via Netlfix. It was great and a terrific compliment to the video. It's in HD / Dolby Vision / 5.1. This series would have been even better in full 4K DV/Atmos. Still, if you're a fan of actual Japanese anime and the game, you will love the series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:17 AM   #38337
gotmule gotmule is offline
Power Member
 
gotmule's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
20
17
Default

Has anyone ever watched the series Halo? It has a 4K release announced and looks intriguing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 02:11 AM   #38338
unberechenbar unberechenbar is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
May 2021
USA
5
324
324
294
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Liked it well enough for a Netflix rental but not well enough for repeat viewing.

Have Where the Crawdads Sing in my queue, in my young years was in the areas (Madisonville & Mandeville, LA) where the movie was shot. A very different terrain.
Watched it in theaters and liked it a lot. Wish it had gotten a UHD release.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bhampton (09-15-2022), Wendell R. Breland (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 03:06 AM   #38339
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unberechenbar View Post
Watched it in theaters and liked it a lot. Wish it had gotten a UHD release.
It may yet. The studios love to trick us into double dipping.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 03:21 AM   #38340
unberechenbar unberechenbar is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
May 2021
USA
5
324
324
294
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
It may yet. The studios love to trick us into double dipping.
Hopefully it doesn't take too long.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:30 AM.