Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Pet Sematary 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.97
6 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.00

Black Hawk Down 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.08

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Ralph Breaks the Internet 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.90

The Little Mermaid 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.88
46 min ago
Hellboy Animated 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Hell Fest 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.66

The Birth of a Nation 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Hellboy II: The Golden Army 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74

Mortal Engines 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM   #821
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoe04 View Post
Whats going on web heads?

I have the 4K version playing on the Xbox One S. Im having an audio drop at 1:42:141:42:15. Are you guys having the same issue? It may be the Xbox. It need to confirm since Ive already exchanged this twice and same issue.
I also have an X1S and didn't experience it. That said, I've noticed the video may stutter a second or two after pausing then playing it back after the pause is over.
Old Yesterday, 01:51 AM   #822

Feb 2013

I know what you mean. That’s happened to me on numerous occasions. I tried shutting down, restarting and the movie would still have that audio drop out. So I am hoping it’s because of the Xbox and not the movie. I’ve exchanged it for another.
Old Yesterday, 05:44 AM   #823

Oct 2012

First watch tonight, I thought the movie was amazing !!!! Pq and audio was on point !!!!!
Thanks given by:
SpocksBrain1701 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #824
Expert Member

Nov 2008
Akron, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy1111 View Post
First watch tonight, I thought the movie was amazing !!!! Pq and audio was on point !!!!!
Boy do I ever agree. Amazing PQ/SQ and the storyline was engaging and loved the remix of everything we know about Spider-Man (will be watching again soon to break down the ton of Easter eggs throughout the film). What was especially entertaining were the subtle artistic touches:very few comic book movies have ever tried to actually look like the medium that inspired them. We've got word balloons, thought bubbles, paneling. They also use Ben-Day dots to make up the characters themselves. These dots are used to create the various colors on the pages of older comic books. Here they are used for texture, but also feature prominently during the final battle between the Spider-Men and Kingpin's forces. And at first I thought my eyes were going bad but then realized the film was incorporating commonly seen off-register printing errors from older comics. Comics' colors used to be quite limited, hence everyone wearing red and blue, and the colors had to be printed one at a time, but often would end up "out of register." You can see this effect throughout the film, with reds and blues leaking out of either side of characters, especially during the earliest moments in the film. And loved the visual tribute to Jack Kirby. When Kirby would draw explosions, cosmic energy, or any kind of magic mumbo-jumbo in the Marvel universe, he would include a grouping of dots that become known as "Kirby Krackle" or "Kirby Dots." They appear throughout the film, especially when Miles lays down at the end of the film to finally relax, only to see a portal, surrounded by Kirby Krackle, opening. Been a comic book geek for 57 years, especially the artwork and the artists. Nice to see these little touches as well as nods to artists like Steve Ditko and John Romita and Erik Larsen. Plus how cool was the Comics Code Authority seal that showed up? A short historical note-in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man Nos. 96 and 97, Stan Lee chose to depict Harry Osborn taking LSD as an anti-drug statement. The CCA refused to give him approval so he just printed the comics without their stamp anyway, in a move that struck a blow large enough that the authority was essentially rendered largely without authority.
Thanks given by:
CYMBOL (Yesterday), fatboy1111 (Yesterday), professorwho (Yesterday), zetruz (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #825
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

The pq on the 4K is stunning. At times it felt like the image was leaping off the screen, almost very 3D like.
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #826
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
The pq on the 4K is stunning. At times it felt like the image was leaping off the screen, almost very 3D like.
But it not has dobly, how can dis bee???
Thanks given by:
eastx (Yesterday), gates70 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #827
Expert Member

Nov 2008
Akron, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
But it not has dobly, how can dis bee???
There is a review of the disc on UltraHd and they compare the disc to the Dolby Vision stream and this was what they said-Now, taking a look at the Dolby Vision HDR stream, I'm pleased to see the static-metadata HDR10 isn't such a dramatic difference in color saturation, black levels, and white levels as say something along the lines of what I saw with The Nun. In an apples to apples comparison, Dolby Vision is the preferable HDR experience with much more intricate refinement to the colors, blacks, and whites, however, the HDR10 ain't no slouch and it looks amazing on disc! The reviewer answered a comment saying it was like splitting hairs they were so close. I don't know if my 64-year-old eyes could tell the difference. Link to review-https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/67554/spidermanintothespiderverse4kultrahdbluray.html
Thanks given by:
eastx (Yesterday), Juan127 (Yesterday), Leonidas_King (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM   #828

Aug 2015

If anyone wants to part with their 4K code for $5, let me know!
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #829
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewsjr View Post
There is a review of the disc on UltraHd and they compare the disc to the Dolby Vision stream and this was what they said-Now, taking a look at the Dolby Vision HDR stream, I'm pleased to see the static-metadata HDR10 isn't such a dramatic difference in color saturation, black levels, and white levels as say something along the lines of what I saw with The Nun. In an apples to apples comparison, Dolby Vision is the preferable HDR experience with much more intricate refinement to the colors, blacks, and whites, however, the HDR10 ain't no slouch and it looks amazing on disc! The reviewer answered a comment saying it was like splitting hairs they were so close. I don't know if my 64-year-old eyes could tell the difference. Link to review-https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/67554/spidermanintothespiderverse4kultrahdbluray.html
My player has DV set to on even for non-DV 4Ks and the results are much more improved with the convertion. I love the results this way.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies