Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Daniel Craig Collection (iTunes)
$24.99

Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$29.99

Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures (iTunes)
$24.99

Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

The Sean Connery Collection (iTunes)
$24.99

The Huntsman: Winter's War (iTunes)
$4.99

A Perfect Getaway (iTunes)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
The Roger Moore Collection (iTunes)
$24.99

Westworld: Season 1-2 (iTunes)
$29.99

Lady Bird (iTunes)
$4.99

Aquaman (iTunes)
$9.99

Ouija (iTunes)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Digital Deals

Old 11-21-2017, 04:55 PM   #21
Power Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyos View Post
I had a few good experiences purchasing codes (Inside Out and Jungle Book) but one bad one:

I'd recommend not purchasing Iron Man 3 if you see it. My code was for SD, even though there wasn't any indication on the purchasing screen. I was disappointed, so I contacted Redbox customer support to let them know that I thought they should indicate if the code is for HD or SD and he just said that they had no way of identifying the code. He apologized, but said that there was nothing he could do about it. Since Iron Man shows up in SD on all providers, I feel a little bit ripped off since I never would've purchased the SD version. I definitely won't be buying any more Redbox codes.
Iron Man 3 was a weird redemption even when it was released. A lot of the HD codes redeemed in SD and it was a hot mess. I would say you're 50/50 with getting hd on that code no matter where you buy it.

The newer disney primarily offers DC only with the combo packs, so I would say those are going to be HD without any hassle. If you're looking at older Disney, would check amazon or similar to see if the original dvd release came with a dc and if so, figure you could end up sd.

Other than the IM3 issue, the majority of sd disney are on much larger slips of paper that would fit a dvd case so I would assume that redbox *should* be able to tell which is which.

That having been said, RedBox used to let the employees keep (or toss) all of those codes when the boxes were filled, so probably not a ton of the older stuff around. Sometimes I think they came in "processed" with codes removed, but lots of times the employees were out buying the retail copies locally and then kept/tossed the codes. At least that's how it was explained to me by a guy who used to have that job...
Thanks given by:
jbloggs (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

I am looking to get IM 1 and 2, CA1, Thor 1 to complete my Marvel collection.
Need to get a hold of Cars 1, and Monsters University, Tangled would be also nice.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:30 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012
In and out of a lot of places. So glad I stream now.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney-...les-1512094838

Not anymore.

Disney has filed a new lawsuit against Redbox, alleging that the DVD rental kiosk company is infringing on their copyright. As the Wall Street Journal reports, last month Redbox began taking the digital download codes that are packaged with several Disney DVD and Blu-ray titles and selling them to customers for $7.99 to $14.99. This is possible because, unlike with other studios that the company has deals with, Redbox purchases Disney discs at retail in order to rent them out in their kiosks. In addition to requesting an injunction to stop the sale of these download codes, Disney is seeking up to $150,000 per copyright infringement in damages. While the packaging for Disney's home releases state that “codes are not for sale or transfer,” a Redbox spokeswoman told the Journal that it is “very confident in our pro-consumer position.”

UPDATE: A Disney spokesperson reached out to us stating, "“Redbox is selling our digital movie codes in blatant disregard of clear prohibitions against doing so. Their actions violate our contracts and copyrights, and we have filed this action to stop Redbox’s unauthorized conduct.”

Last edited by kidkash; 12-01-2017 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:15 AM   #24
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Just heard about this. Pretty brazen on Redbox's part, as the inserts say they're not for individual sale IIRC. Disney should win this fairly easily. Apparently they're seeking up to $150K per title sold
Old 12-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #25
Special Member

Apr 2016

The first-sale doctrine still applies, this isn't a slam-dunk case for Disney.
Thanks given by:
Bru87tr (12-02-2017), Zu Nim (12-03-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 08:31 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
I live where you vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
.... Disney should win this fairly easily...
Doubt it IMO it will be quite hard for Disney to win and will end up in litigation limbo until redbox decides to go out of business in the future.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:29 AM   #27
Special Member

May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Just heard about this. Pretty brazen on Redbox's part, as the inserts say they're not for individual sale IIRC. Disney should win this fairly easily. Apparently they're seeking up to $150K per title sold
Not for individual sale means that the codes included are meant to be part of the package of movie and code so that resellers can't take the codes out and sell them separately. Redbox isn't a reseller. They buy the movies at full price (rather than the rental versions that most rental places get) and then rent the disc. They should be able to sell it just as you could buy a blu-ray/dvd combo pack and sell the dvd while keeping the blu-ray for yourself.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 AM   #28

Dec 2017
Vermont

I found a Red Box today that was still selling Disney Digital Codes.

Seems odd they are still doing it considering the lawsuit. Has anyone else seen this?
Old 01-13-2018, 10:55 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014

Not sure if this a multiuse code...

FREE Redbox DVD or Blu-ray Rental when you use the promo code G9FWUDPE at Redbox.com checkout!
Thanks given by:
geekusmaximus (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 12:41 AM   #30
Special Member

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
Not sure if this a multiuse code...

FREE Redbox DVD or Blu-ray Rental when you use the promo code G9FWUDPE at Redbox.com checkout!
It worked for me. Thank you! I rented American Made. I'm kind of thinking I've never used a Redbox kiosk without a free rental code of some sort.

Also more on topic: I think it's darkly hilarious that they keep selling digital codes for exorbitant prices when it's so obviously legally sketch to begin with, also while legal action is being taken or threatened.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #31

Aug 2010

I bought Inside Out for $3.99 2 days ago. I’ve checked and it looks like they’ve added even more movies in my area.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:04 PM   #32
Special Member

Nov 2010
Houston, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
I found a Red Box today that was still selling Disney Digital Codes.

Seems odd they are still doing it considering the lawsuit. Has anyone else seen this?
Yep, the Redbox I went to the other day still listed Disney Digital Codes for sale.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:11 PM   #33

Mar 2011

Looks like CA judge disagrees with Disney's bid for injunction

Link to article
Old 03-05-2018, 11:57 PM   #34

Aug 2012
Memphis, TN

Got Iron Man 3 for $3.99!

Last edited by Sith Vol; 03-06-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #35

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Vol View Post
Got Iron Man 3 for $3.99!
Did yours redeem in HD or SD?
Old 03-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #36

Oct 2012
ATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgo435 View Post
Did yours redeem in HD or SD?
I took a chance and bought one about a month ago. The code I bought said it was from the Blu-ray, but it redeemed on the DisneyMovieRewards site as:

"Marvel's Iron Man 3 DVD 100 points"

So I was all ticked off, but then when I clicked on the "Get Movie" link from DMR to go redeem it on Movies Anywhere, it DID redeem in HD, and that's how it appears for me in both iTunes and Vudu ("You own HDX")
Old 03-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #37

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigHouse View Post
I took a chance and bought one about a month ago. The code I bought said it was from the Blu-ray, but it redeemed on the DisneyMovieRewards site as:

So I was all ticked off, but then when I clicked on the "Get Movie" link from DMR to go redeem it on Movies Anywhere, it DID redeem in HD, and that's how it appears for me in both iTunes and Vudu ("You own HDX")
I think I'm just gonna go for it then. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #38
Expert Member

Mar 2007
Rochester NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlinmeyer View Post
Good way to get the digital copies for the UK 3D movies I've bought over the years when they weren't available in the US.

update...looked for the 4 UK 3Ds I have without digital copies with not so good results.

Good Dinosaur - No DC available
Jungle Book(2016) - No Locations Found
Inside Out - No Locations Found
Alice Through The Looking Glass - 46 Miles away
I'm sure YMMV
redbox is pretty limited on what they have as they have to buy the retail disnay bluray and then they are selling the code from the retail package. Which is why they only do it for disney stuff. I just went through my list of digital codes i needed due to buying 3d from the UK. And was able to clear out my list of 8 movies via digital code purchases on EBAY. ranging from 4-11 dollars.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:38 PM   #39

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigHouse View Post

I got the same DMR DVD redemption, but unfortunately only received SD in iTunes and Vudu.

One observation that might be helpful: my local Redbox only carries Iron Man 3 on DVD and does not have it on BD, so it makes sense that my code slip came from a DVD. This is assuming these code slips are coming directly from retail purchases in the local area and roughly correlate to the discs in the same physical Redbox, so if your box only has DVD discs, it probably only has DVD code slips.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #40

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorsmith View Post
I got the same DMR DVD redemption, but unfortunately only received SD in iTunes and Vudu.

One observation that might be helpful: my local Redbox only carries Iron Man 3 on DVD and does not have it on BD, so it makes sense that my code slip came from a DVD. This is assuming these code slips are coming directly from retail purchases in the local area and roughly correlate to the discs in the same physical Redbox, so if your box only has DVD discs, it probably only has DVD code slips.
I wouldn't agree with that only because discs can be returned to any kiosk. So that fact that there are DVDs and no blu-rays isn't an indicator of what was originally stocked.

On a side note, I did go ahead and buy the Iron Man 3 digital code. I didn't redeem it following the instruction on the insert. Just as a test, I went on redeemdigitalmovie.com (which is a branch of MA) and entered the code and it worked. It gave me the option to choose which MA retailer I wanted to redeem through or to redeem it directly through MA. I went ahead and redeemed in iTunes in case Disney/Marvel ever makes 4K available.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Digital Deals