Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Halloween III: Season of the Witch (iTunes)
$4.99
1 hr ago
The Amazing Spider-Man Double Feature (iTunes)
$12.99

Spider-Man Trilogy (iTunes)
$17.99

Spider-Man: Evolution of Spider-Man (iTunes)
$19.99

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Spider-Man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

Perfect Blue (iTunes)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Donnie Darko (iTunes)
$3.99

Venom (iTunes)
$9.99

Audition (iTunes)
$3.99

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (iTunes)
$9.99

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (iTunes)
$9.99

Re-Animator (iTunes)
$3.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Digital Deals

Old 01-14-2019, 10:48 PM   #1

Apr 2011
Default FandangoNow UHD titles not exporting to UV

FYI, there appear to be issues with exporting FandangoNow UHD titles to UV. I bought the Star Trek movie bundle (ST, STID and STB) in UHD and they have not exported. I've contacted FandangoNow several times via live chat, and we've tried everything (reconciling FandangoNow and UV, unlinking UV and relinking, etc.) with no luck. I also contacted UV, which in the end sent the issue back to FandangoNow.

In my last live chat, the agent said:

Quote:
There is an issue with UHD titles not porting to UV which is being investigated with the help of UV and unfortunately, there is no ETA on resolution. The 2 options we have right now:
1. HD versions are porting as expected and can be added for the CU as a workaround to have it appearing in other provider libraries.
or
2. The user may keep the UHD version and keep it to view only on their Fnow Library through one of their registered devices that is not their laptop.
The agent escalated the problem to corporate, and I'm awaiting their response. I'll post any updates here.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Not all titles in UHD give UV rights that are UHD. Especially for Paramount. Be sure to check 4ksheet.com before purchasing for possibility of UV UHD on a per title basis. I would not anticipate a favorable response since no UHD in UV for these titles is by design and as intended, even if the UV logo is misleading - you may be able to request a refund.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:11 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Did they port to MyUV (in HD or UHD) and did they port to Vudu (in HD) or did they not port out of FN at all?

Not really sure this should have been posted in the "deals" thread. Might it be more appropriate to post it here?

https://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167
Old 01-14-2019, 11:17 PM   #4
Power Member

Mar 2010
Richmond, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea2000 View Post
FYI, there appear to be issues with exporting FandangoNow UHD titles to UV. I bought the Star Trek movie bundle (ST, STID and STB) in UHD and they have not exported. I've contacted FandangoNow several times via live chat, and we've tried everything (reconciling FandangoNow and UV, unlinking UV and relinking, etc.) with no luck. I also contacted UV, which in the end sent the issue back to FandangoNow.

In my last live chat, the agent said:

The agent escalated the problem to corporate, and I'm awaiting their response. I'll post any updates here.
I had (still having) this issue with The Florida Project. I bought it on March 4th, and I have had it escalated to corporate multiple times in the 50+ emails I have sent.

I just re-bought the movie on iTunes for $5 last month so I can have it on an easier to navigate service.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #5

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
Did they port to MyUV (in HD or UHD) and did they port to Vudu (in HD) or did they not port out of FN at all?

Not really sure this should have been posted in the "deals" thread. Might it be more appropriate to post it here?

https://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167
They didn't port out of FandangoNow at all. To complicate matters, VUDU HD versions of STID and STB are in the UV locker, but that's not the core issue, because ST didn't export in any version. I realize VUDU doesn't have the UHD versions, so it won't show up there.

You're right. I should have posted it where you indicate, but I don't see a way to fix this.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:20 PM   #6

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Not all titles in UHD give UV rights that are UHD. Especially for Paramount. Be sure to check 4ksheet.com before purchasing for possibility of UV UHD on a per title basis. I would not anticipate a favorable response since no UHD in UV for these titles is by design and as intended, even if the UV logo is misleading - you may be able to request a refund.
Thanks for the link to 4ksheet.com. It's new to me.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 02:46 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Disaster Artist (and a few other Lionsgate) 4K/UHD will not port, not even as HD to the UV locker. And contacting FN, it was the same case, they would help, and referred me to Lionsgate, who refers me back to FN, etc, forever and ever.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Digital Deals