Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Keeping Up Appearances: The Complete Series (DVD)
$39.99

Land (DVD)
$17.96

Vera: Set 10 (DVD)
$20.99

Transformers: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$39.99

The Marksman (DVD)
$17.96

Father Brown: Season One (DVD)
$14.99

Steven Universe: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$59.98

Death in Paradise: Season Nine (DVD)
$19.99

Hallmark 2-Movie Collection (DVD)
$7.50
1 day ago
Father Brown: Season Four (DVD)
$14.99

The Mauritanian (DVD)
$17.96

Let Him Go (DVD)
$12.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 01-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #1

May 2014
Default Party Of Five (Complete Series Question)

Has anyone bought this set on this site?
http://www.amazon.com/Party-of-Five-...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm tempted to buy it but there's no reviews or unboxing videos on YouTube so i'm not sure how the set holds up and the quality of the discs.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:15 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

I ordered it in December, but even though the release date was January 5, Amazon still hasn't gotten any of their stock. My shipping estimate is for the 17th.

Looks like the same as other Mill Creek complete sets; all the discs tossed in a box with individual paper envelopes.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

I thought the last 2 seasons were those made on demand discs. I wonder if that's what's included with this set.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
I thought the last 2 seasons were those made on demand discs. I wonder if that's what's included with this set.
No. Mill Creek does pressed discs.

They usually cram as many episodes as they can onto a single disc though. I'm guessing they'll compress it to about 6 episodes per disc.
Thanks given by:
Veronica Mars (01-14-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 05:00 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

The packaging is horrendous. As you can see in the product image, the black box slides out and holds 12 double-sided cardboard sleeves, guaranteeing scratched discs. The outer box & inner box are made from the same stock as the sleeves, so the entire thing is very thin & shoddy.

Good luck getting a copy from Amazon that isn't crushed. I just received a replacement copy because the first came crushed & stuffed into a padded envelope that wasn't big enough for the set...and the replacement is the same thing. Actually worse because they shipped the replacement in the same size envelope with another preorder I had made jammed into it. Lovely.

And yes, they alternate between having five & six episodes per disc.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

This has been on Amazon and now Hulu will have all the seasons, so I guess that's where I'll have to go to keep visiting the Salingers.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:21 PM   #7

May 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention View Post
The packaging is horrendous. As you can see in the product image, the black box slides out and holds 12 double-sided cardboard sleeves, guaranteeing scratched discs. The outer box & inner box are made from the same stock as the sleeves, so the entire thing is very thin & shoddy.

Good luck getting a copy from Amazon that isn't crushed. I just received a replacement copy because the first came crushed & stuffed into a padded envelope that wasn't big enough for the set...and the replacement is the same thing. Actually worse because they shipped the replacement in the same size envelope with another preorder I had made jammed into it. Lovely.

Sucks you left a bad review. You can't expect much from Mill Creek but i was hoping it'd be fine since i didn't mind the paper sleeves. I'll just wait until this show appears on Hulu later on in the year or wait until the set goes down a little bit.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:46 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

When exactly is this coming to Hulu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention View Post

Yikes. I already have the first three seasons from Sony so I'm going to try to get the MOD releases of the last three to complete my collection, even though it'll be more expensive.

I'm assuming both releases have music changes though. It's a bummer because "Bookends" by Simon and Garfunkle originally played at the end of the final episode and it was such a perfect usage of that song. I wonder what song they changed it to.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:01 AM   #9
Special Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

i bought this today and i love the show but i really really detest the packaging and the case for it as well
Old 01-15-2021, 02:41 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2014

Only $17.99 on Amazon right now. Even if the packaging is bad and compression a little rough, it’s hard to argue with that price.
Thanks given by:
WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW (01-15-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 03:04 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2014

Got my copy. The discs still come in paper sleeves, but at least they’re in a sturdier chipboard box now (not the “Ready. Set. Binge.” box), albeit with a flimsy top flap.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Tags
party of five