Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Woody Allen Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
7 hrs ago
Underworld: 5-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$64.99
1 day ago
Mad Max Anthology 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
8 hrs ago
Don't Breathe 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
1 day ago
Unbreakable 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Uncut Gems 4K (Blu-ray)
$35.52

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Batman: Year One 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.95
18 hrs ago
The Protégé (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.99

Zack Snyder's Justice League Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$68.59

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers

Old 03-13-2021, 09:02 PM   #81
Power Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

How is e-Arc on these Denon receivers? Are they pretty reliable for the most part? Because of the whole HDMI 2.1 issues that might not get solved this year, I might just get one of these receivers and just e-Arc my eventual Xbox Series X to the receiver. I have an LG C9, so DTS: X and Dolby Atmos shouldn't be an issue.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:08 AM   #82
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zohn View Post
... for blu-ray.com members we offer courtesy prices. Call us anytime today.
Ooh, I might need to hit you up on your price for the AVR-X6700H.
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (04-26-2021)
Old 04-28-2021, 06:04 PM   #83
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Lightbulb Info on some Denon AV receivers/models ...

▪︎https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...&postcount=715
Old 05-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #84
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

Just wanted to be sure everyone knows how to get Marantz/Denon's free adaptor that supports 4K/120Hz and 8K/60Hz for all gamers. Here's the link with everything you need to know.

https://valueelectronics.com/wp-cont...nformation.pdf
Thanks given by:
RageATL (05-07-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 08:44 PM   #85
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

"Sound United has announced two new factory upgraded versions of the Denon AVR-X8500H and Marantz AV8805 flagship AV components and an upgrade program for existing owners of the two flagship models. The two new units, dubbed the Denon AVR-X8500H “A” and Marantz AV8805 “A,” include 8K/60 Hz upscaling and passthrough, 4K/120 Hz pass-through, HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, and HDCP 2.3, as well as other HDMI 2.1 technologies. The factory-upgraded Denon and Marantz units will gradually replace all existing Denon AVR-X8500H and Marantz AV8805 units. The Denon AVR-X8500HA will retail for US $4299, and the Marantz AV8805A at $4,799."

https://www.twice.com/product/audio/...lagship-models
Old 06-11-2021, 02:48 AM   #86
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

It is my understanding that Denon and many other consumer electronics companies well be raising list prices in the next few months (some companies have already raised their prices). This is due to the overall global economic conditions that have caused material shortages in the manufacturing process, global supply chain, and increased shipping charges.

So expect some more inflation this year as list prices go up for many consumer electronics companies and just about everything else that one purchases could be seeing a price increase.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:15 PM   #87

Feb 2008
Northeast

Good Morning All!

It has been a minute since, I last posted on this site! I am glad to see nothing has changed except for the technology! I did not see this posted anywhere, so I am posting it here.
A couple of days ago, I made the change from my Pioneer Elite LX901 receiver to the Denon AVR-A110! I have seen all the articles and youtube videos documenting the HDMI 2.1 problems.
Once, I saw there was a fix for the problem, I bought the new Denon! To my surprise, when I tried to order the external HDMI box for my receiver I got this message on the web page.....
"Your device already has the necessary hardware for the perfect 4k120 gaming experience with all game consoles. If you still have problems connecting or configuring, read the FAQ or ask your dealer or our support team." Your Denon Service and Support Team

Needless to say, when I saw this I was happy and skeptical at the same time because, I was still seeing the same 2.1 HDMI problem being reported. I found this article with a video on how to fix the problem on Audioholics!
https://www.audioholics.com/news/sou...i-2.1-no-issue

I was happy with my purchase before, but now I can't wait for my new ultra HDMI cables to arrive. Next up is upgrading to an LG or Sony 77" OLED tv! I still have not decided which one to get yet!

Sorry, for the long post!
Old 07-23-2021, 04:51 AM   #88
Special Member

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

I'm in Australia so I apparently have to go through my local distributor rather than Denon directly. Anyways I sent them an email and they want to know the serial number of my XBOX series X. Which I don't plan on getting until Christmas.

Since when is getting the fix for their mistake predicated on having an XBOX? That's the first I've heard of it?

What if I'd never planned on getting an XBOX but wanted the adapter in case I wanted to sell the receiver at some point? It seems rather silly.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:56 AM   #89

Dec 2020

Quote:
Just wanted to be sure everyone knows how to get Marantz/Denon's free adaptor that supports 4K/120Hz and 8K/60Hz for all gamers. Here's the link with everything you need to know.

Thank you! I’d been keeping an eye out for news on this, as I’m a first time Denon owner (x3700h, which I’ve been thrilled with), but as the year went on I kind of lost track of it. Just registered with Denon for the adaptor today, potential back log of 6 months, but I’m in no hurry, just glad they’ve found a reasonable solution.
Thanks given by:
HDTV1080P (07-30-2021), Robert Zohn (07-30-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #90
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:

Apparently, the receivers manufactured after May 2021 have an updated chip that fixes this issue.

Did Denon raise the price again on the 6700H? It was $2599 but I'm now seeing places list it for $2999.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:03 AM   #91
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

Yes, sorry to say all Marantz and Denon receivers just had a modest price increase. Price increases are common for the A/V and most other industries.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:40 PM   #92
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:
Yes, sorry to say all Marantz and Denon receivers just had a modest price increase. Price increases are common for the A/V and most other industries.
That's unfortunate I wish I would have known, but that's two prices increases in the past year for Denon / Marantz. I haven't followed receiver prices as closely, but I hadn't recalled prices going up as the technology gets older... new technology does come out at higher prices, but I'm used to seeing pricing, if anything, go down over time. Maybe it's time to wait until the 2021 models get released.
Old 08-19-2021, 04:31 PM   #93

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
That's unfortunate I wish I would have known, but that's two prices increases in the past year for Denon / Marantz. I haven't followed receiver prices as closely, but I hadn't recalled prices going up as the technology gets older... new technology does come out at higher prices, but I'm used to seeing pricing, if anything, go down over time. Maybe it's time to wait until the 2021 models get released.
It is almost certainly all pandemic supply chain issues.

Supplies are tight but demand is still there. Plus raw materials and shipping costs have gone up.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:36 PM   #94
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

Consumers are use to electronics almost always going down in price and deflating in value. But with inflation prices of new and used electronics especially higher-end equipment like A/V receivers end up going up in price. Even some used electronics that are 10 to 15 years old have went up in value. If inflation keeps occurring with shortages in raw materials then things could keep going up. Worse case scenario some items people own could double or triple in value over the next several years, but hopefully things well not get that bad. If there was enough inflation even millionaires one day would not be able to afford things. By the end of the 21st Century in theory there well be trillionaires and billionaires and the majority of the population might be millionaires that are struggling to pay their bills.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:55 PM   #95
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner6 View Post
It is almost certainly all pandemic supply chain issues.

Supplies are tight but demand is still there. Plus raw materials and shipping costs have gone up.
That's what I was wondering, but that was a big jump in price. I hope the world also learns something out of this. Too often these industries, and thus the consumers, have been impacted lately because companies have consolidated manufacturing to a single country, company, or plant which are single points of failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
But with inflation prices of new and used electronics especially higher-end equipment like A/V receivers end up going up in price.
I'm sure we'd all love it if our salaries inflated at these rates.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:42 PM   #96

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
Consumers are use to electronics almost always going down in price and deflating in value. But with inflation prices of new and used electronics especially higher-end equipment like A/V receivers end up going up in price. Even some used electronics that are 10 to 15 years old have went up in value. If inflation keeps occurring with shortages in raw materials then things could keep going up. Worse case scenario some items people own could double or triple in value over the next several years, but hopefully things well not get that bad. If there was enough inflation even millionaires one day would not be able to afford things. By the end of the 21st Century in theory there well be trillionaires and billionaires and the majority of the population might be millionaires that are struggling to pay their bills.
I think the worst case scenario is a pretty unlikely scenario. Companies are working at beefing up their supply chains and even countries like the US that have eschewed industrial policy are realizing they need to have a central strategy.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:39 AM   #97
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

I am a big fan of Auro 3D. Denon, and other A/V receiver brands are starting to offer this awesome audio format which is fairly new to the consumer market. First there was Dolby Atmos, then DTS X, now there is Auro 3D.

I created a thread on Auro 3D and why there should be more movies released in this format.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...53&postcount=1
Old 08-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #98
Expert Member

Mar 2013

Looks like me Marantz 7010 is dying on me. Can’t play anything stronger then a Dolby 5.1 track. Try to play anything stronger then that track wise (Atmos) will cause the hdmi source to lose sound/picture. I have an Oppo 203 connected directly to NX7 and sound to the receiver on another. Picture is fine but still getting audio drops on several sources and with various hdmi cables, some even brand new.

So I think I might be on my way today to pick a Denon x6700. I was gonna wait out for the new Yamaha receivers, but in Canada I’m seeing a November release date. I just can’t go that long without my higher end audio, and will be making sure it’s one of the fixed units before purchase
Old 08-29-2021, 02:56 PM   #99

Dec 2020
Austin, Texas

Question about the Denon 3700H, if I’m trying to run a 7.1.4 setup can the 3700H support this? Looking at the rear of the receiver it seems to have the support for this but just want to confirm on here before I purchase. Thx!
Old 08-29-2021, 09:02 PM   #100
Expert Member

Mar 2013

Pulled the trigger on the x6700 and was assured it would be one of the newer units with the hdmi fix already done. Now I just need to wait possibly 2 weeks for it to be shipped to the store for me to pick up.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (08-29-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers