Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Devil May Cry 5 (PS4)
$24.99

Dead Or Alive 6 (PS4)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
Trover Saves the Universe (PS4)
$19.99

Fallout 76 (PS4)
$16.00

Farming Simulator 19 (PS4)
$27.99
22 hrs ago
Control (PS4)
$44.99

The Elder Scrolls V (PS4)
$17.00
3 hrs ago
F1 2019 (PS4)
$44.99

The Evil Within 2 (PS4)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Air Missions: HIND (PS4)
$19.97

Grid (PS4)
$48.39
21 hrs ago
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (PS4)
$27.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Community Gaming

Old 02-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #61

Dec 2009
Corona, California
Default Switching from Ravens to Dolphins

Sorry for not being active the last few days, been extremely busy. If its not to much trouble I would like to switch from the Ravens to Dolphins (assuming that stodds will agree with what's going on).

My PSN name is Bridge_Town. I will accept the madden invite later on tonight.

Last edited by RB951; 02-23-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #62
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisnerosatt View Post
sorry i posted about the vikes but if they are taken i'll take the broncos

psn: cisnerosquatro
You can have the Vikings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB951 View Post
Sorry for not being active the last few days, been extremely busy. If its not to much trouble I would like to switch from the Ravens to Dolphins (assuming that stodds will agree with what's going on).

My PSN name is Bride_Town. I will accept the madden invite later on tonight.
I don't see a problem. If you guys decide it's okay. One of us will make the change in the first post.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #63
Expert Member

Aug 2009
Pembroke Pines
Send a message via AIM to zianasdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillBOXhat View Post
The Rams draft at the #10 spot. If you compare the Rams roster from our franchise with the one from Don's league you'll notice that the players did improve. Of course the Rams still blow

I was thinking that the bottom 5 teams in the league should get to sign one free agent each. That should help out a little bit. The bottoms 5 teams would be the following: Rams, Browns, Lions, Bucs, and Bills. What does everyone think?
I like that idea. But then again I have the rams. So I'm bias. How did I drop all the way to 10? What teams suck more than the rams
Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #64
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianasdad View Post
I like that idea. But then again I have the rams. So I'm bias. How did I drop all the way to 10? What teams suck more than the rams
No, joke. Thats odd. I know the Browns (lol, pillbox set it up that way) got the #1 pick, the Lions second. I am the niners, they don't pick until 26th. Very odd!!

I really like that idea too, but I think each team should be allowed to pick 1 FA. Just base the order off the team rankings!!

Also, R we allowed to pick up our FA's or was that already taken care of???

Last edited by jtconnolly; 02-23-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #65
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC
Send a message via AIM to pillBOXhat

Quote:
No clue I guess having S. Jackson did u in a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtconnolly View Post
No, joke. Thats odd. I know the Browns (lol, pillbox set it up that way) got the #1 pick, the Lions second. I am the niners, they don't pick until 26th. Very odd!!

I really like that idea too, but I think each team should be allowed to pick 1 FA. Just base the order off the team rankings!!

Also, R we allowed to pick up our FA's or was that already taken care of???
Lol I have no control of the simulation process . Every team gets to resign their own free agents. The reason I mentioned having only the bottom 5 teams is because it won't delay the league. Letting everyone pick an extra FA will cause major delays. Anyways, the bottom 5 teams would on be picking from the default FA's, which isn't very talented nor deep.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #66
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:

Lol I have no control of the simulation process . Every team gets to resign their own free agents. The reason I mentioned having only the bottom 5 teams is because it won't delay the league. Letting everyone pick an extra FA will cause major delays. Anyways, the bottom 5 teams would on be picking from the default FA's, which isn't very talented nor deep.
LOL, Just busting ur ballz. Everything sounds good to me!! Just anxious to get started!!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #67
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtconnolly View Post
LOL, Just busting ur ballz. Everything sounds good to me!! Just anxious to get started!!
Indeed . At least the NFL combine starts Thursday and we can get a mini football fix.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #68
Expert Member

Aug 2009
Pembroke Pines
Default The rams suck!!!!

I checked don's league rams vs pill's league rams and here is who improved karney fb from 85 to 87. Smith lineman from 84 to 90. Gibson wr from 73 to 79 brown center fro. 90 to 91. Robinson wr from 70 to 75 and Avery wr from75 to 81. That's offense now for d we have lauranitis lb fro. 83 to 88. Carriker from 80 to 83 and long fro. 75 to 80. I should get 11 draft picks j/k. Everyone else either stayed the same or dropped in ratings.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #69
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC

Quote:
I checked don's league rams vs pill's league rams and here is who improved karney fb from 85 to 87. Smith lineman from 84 to 90. Gibson wr from 73 to 79 brown center fro. 90 to 91. Robinson wr from 70 to 75 and Avery wr from75 to 81. That's offense now for d we have lauranitis lb fro. 83 to 88. Carriker from 80 to 83 and long fro. 75 to 80. I should get 11 draft picks j/k. Everyone else either stayed the same or dropped in ratings.
They do, but that's the point of a bottom team . In the mini FA draft for the bottom 5 teams, we'll go in reverse rookie draft order.

1. Rams, 2. Bucs, 3. Bills, 4. Lions, 5. Browns.

I'll pick for the CPU teams. Rams you're up. Just post the FA you want and i'll add him to your team.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #70
Expert Member

Aug 2009
Pembroke Pines
Default The rams suck!!!!

Old 02-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #71
Expert Member

Aug 2009
Pembroke Pines

Quote:
They do, but that's the point of a bottom team . In the mini FA draft for the bottom 5 teams, we'll go in reverse rookie draft order.

I'll pick for the CPU teams. Rams you're up. Just post the FA you want and i'll add him to your team.
I can't see who the fa are. So just give me the best olb or qb, depending on which is rated higher and if the qb is better than bulger
Old 02-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #72
Expert Member

Jun 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:

One problem is that you are basing the bottom 5 teams on a simmed season of which none of us participated. My Chiefs miraculously finished with a 10-6 record and made the playoffs, yet they had the 4th worst overall rating at 68. Simming can provide very random results. I think the picks should go to the lowest rated teams, if at all. When we chose teams the five lowest rated teams were as follows:

1. Rams: 65

2. Lions: 66

3. Bucs: 67

4. Chiefs: 68

5. Browns: 69

These are definitely the worst teams in the game yet you are basing compensation on some random simmed season?

Last edited by gbted1; 02-23-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #73
Expert Member

Jun 2009
Ontario, Canada

Also consider that I chose one of the worst teams and because they simmed out making the playoffs now I'm getting screwed by having to pick near the bottom of the draft. That's penalty enough considering a few of the very highly rated teams are drafting high because they inexplicably finished poorly in the sim season. I don't particularly agree with this process at all. I'll live with the stupid sim season, but this free agent compensation part is not right as far as I'm concerned. You're also going ahead and implementing this compensation with very little feedback from other owners.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #74
Expert Member

Jun 2009
Ontario, Canada

Just a side note. I'm not making this complaint because I chose one of the worst teams. As far as I'm concerned there should be no compensatory picks. Some of the stronger players switched to the weaker teams to help balance the competition of the league. Most of the guys that volunteered to switch to lower rated teams are already getting compensated with high picks in the draft (except the Chiefs of course ), and now you're looking for more compensation? This is in effect defeating the purpose of what we were originally trying to do with the league don't you think?
Old 02-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #75
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC

My fault, gbted1. I totally forgot the Chiefs. You are definitely included. I don't see any owners not wanting to let some of the veteran guys get a moderately decent player from this mini FA draft. No one is getting a quality starter from this.

Top 5 Defensive FA's:

# #29 CB McAlister, Chris 77
# #26 FS Russell, Brian 73
# #63 DT Robertson, Dewayne 73
# #91 DT Harrell, Justin 73
# #37 FS Vaughn, Chip 72

Top 5 Offensive FA's:

# #74 RG Williams, Maurice 81
# #44 FB Smith, Terrelle 77
# #53 C Justice, Steve 76
# #13 WR Toomer, Amani 75
# #75 RT Jennings, Jonas 75
Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #76
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC

gbted1 makes a solid point about this compensatory draft. If any more owners are against this then please post. I will reverse the changes immediately.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #77
Expert Member

Jun 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
My fault, gbted1. I totally forgot the Chiefs. You are definitely included. I don't see any owners not wanting to let some of the veteran guys get a moderately decent player from this mini FA draft. No one is getting a quality starter from this.

Top 5 Defensive FA's:

# #29 CB McAlister, Chris 77
# #26 FS Russell, Brian 73
# #63 DT Robertson, Dewayne 73
# #91 DT Harrell, Justin 73
# #37 FS Vaughn, Chip 72

Top 5 Offensive FA's:

# #74 RG Williams, Maurice 81
# #44 FB Smith, Terrelle 77
# #53 C Justice, Steve 76
# #13 WR Toomer, Amani 75
# #75 RT Jennings, Jonas 75

Like always I stand by majority rules, but I still think this is wrong. Those teams that finished poorly are already getting compensated with very high draft picks. I'm saying this and I'm picking near the bottom of the draft and I have one of the bottom five rated teams (not a combination for success). I'm certainly not making this point for my own benefit, I am making it because I feel it is defeating the main purpose of what was initially intended in the best interest for the longevity of the franchise. I have a bad team and I'm only a mediocre player, but I still don't feel the need, or the fairness in receiving extra picks.

Compensatory picks should only be done as they were in the previous league, which was going to teams that were hit harder than normal by free agency loses. In this league we don't have free agency loses per se as we can just add back our lost free agents if needed to fill out our rosters.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #78
Expert Member

Jun 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
gbted1 makes a solid point about this compensatory draft. If any more owners are against this then please post. I will reverse the changes immediately.

Thank you for understanding my point Pill. I hope a few others will see the relevance of what I'm implying. Our good players don't need help regardless of what team they are using. Let's make the league fun for everyone including those who aren't madden pros.

Last edited by gbted1; 02-23-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #79
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC

gbted1, you're right. I foresee a big headache with this thing so we won't be having any extra compensatory picks. That's the quick end of that debate

That being said, we still have a some owners that need to officially join the league. If you need an invite again please let me know.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:50 PM   #80
Expert Member

Jun 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
gbted1, you're right. I foresee a big headache with this thing so we won't be having any extra compensatory picks. That's the quick end of that debate

That being said, we still have a some owners that need to officially join the league. If you need an invite again please let me know.
That's my sound thinking and compassionate commish!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Community Gaming