Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79

Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39

Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99

South Park: Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 06-06-2019, 03:58 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Yes, but as I said up-firers need perfect conditions to bounce off, like a nice level ceiling. Atmos bars also tend to be huge.

The ZF9 does the lot, is relatively small, is future proofed with eARC and has unfussy placement for awkward spaces.

I wouldn't have picked the ZF9 for my main room. In fact, I didn't pick any soundbar for that when I upgraded. Separate AVR system all the way there. But I can come from that to the ZF9 and not suffer a huge drop in audio quality and clarity that made the Samsung N400 very disappointing.

Last edited by oddbox83; 06-06-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Thanks given by:
scarletlion (06-07-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #22

Feb 2010

I picked up the Samsung Q90R soundbar last week, and I can say it really does give a great Atmos effort, much better than the other soundbar systems. Of course it's not better than a dedicated proper system, but I may stay the course with this one for a few years. Only wish the rear speakers had designated stands. I'm still searching for a good fit.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #23
Expert Member

Feb 2018

Anyone have any experience with, or knowledge of this one?
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Surround-Soundbar-Speaker-FS-EB70/dp/B01N2JGI5V/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2LKI2QFCR2PSD&keywords=pioneer+eli te+fs-eb70&qid=1561469900&s=gateway&sprefix=pioneer+elit e+fs%2Caps%2C190&sr=8-1

About a year ago it made a few different "Top 5 Atmos soundbars".

I don't really have the option of a dedicated receiver/speaker set up where I am now(which is a shame, as I've already had two nice Definitive floor speakers for years). I'm going to be upgrading from a Yamaha YAS-107. I've loved it so far, but also means it probably wouldn't take much to impress me above such a basic (but great value) bar.

The biggest temptation on this one is the separate amp with multiple HDMI inputs.

Again, not looking for absolute best of the best, and not SUPER concerned with Atmos (fake Atmos is more than I have now). Just wondering if this one is "good enough" for the $400 price on a "like new" unit. Sadly can't seem to find any professional reviews out there, and Amazon reviews are always so hit and miss/hard to go by.

Last edited by WKoA13; 06-25-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #24

Feb 2017
Wales

This looks interesting:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vizio-Cinem...%2C148&sr=8-13
Old 09-05-2019, 07:16 PM   #25
Expert Member

Feb 2018

Noob question, that I can PROBABLY guess the general answer to, but....

HOW badly would sound proof foam paneling on the ceiling impact Atmos? (From soundbars or otherwise). Since I imagine that sound absorption would kill the ability to bounce back down.

I'm just trying to think of ways to improve how much sound is coming up from the basement into the living room that DOESN'T involve tearing out the basement ceiling and installing better/different insulation.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:07 AM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
The Diamond Capital of North Americaô

I'm thinking that it wouldn't work very well.
Sorry, jmho.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #27

Oct 2010
Kelso

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsden985 View Post
Hey guys, currently i do not have the room or budget to get a dolby digital atmos sound system. I have been doing some research here and there and believe the atmos sound bar could work best for me. From your experience, which dolby atmos sound bar would you reccommend?
I gather Sonos didn't include it in the Beam because they thought it would mean compromising in other areas. Their boss said that to get the Atmos experience you need expensive kit and that it's still really a cinema experience for now. So I would take any advertisements of Dolby Atmos on anything other than premium price gear with a grain of salt.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #28

Jul 2018
Default Bose 5.1 vs. Atmos soundbar

I have probably a 10-15 year old Bose Lifestyle t20 5.1 system.

Now that Iíve upgraded to an LG OLED 4K Iím considering switching to something audio-wise to bring Atmos into my home.

Would the Vizio SB-36512-F6 soundbar - which has two surround speakers, a subwoofer and two upfiring Atmos speakers on top of the soundbar be an upgrade over my Bose Lifestyle standard 5.1 system?

Reviews are all around solid - but curious whether going from a real 5.1 setup (albeit 10-15 years old) to a soundbar is a backwards move.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:22 AM   #29

Dec 2011
LOS ANGELES, CA.

I upgraded to 4k last year with Sony 55' 900f and Vizio 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos sound bar. It a good sound bar with good sound and affordable with a $450-500 price at high or I got it at costco near Black Friday last year for $300. Ive seen it as low as $350. But ive had had the sound bar stop working on the main bar once this 1/2, and had Vizio replace it. I should have bought the extended warantee at purchase, but oh well. If i hd the money i would have been interested in the pioneer listed abov in this thread. So far ive have not seen more dolby Atmos branded soundbars this year as i thought there might me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers