Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.27
 
Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Madagascar: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99
 
Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49
 
The Divergent Series: 3-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
2 hrs ago
The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Home Alone 2-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
 
Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #18361
Gretiem Gretiem is offline
Senior Member
 
Gretiem's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
nj
342
374
1
39
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonametofame View Post
We all have a bit of that OCD. I think people are motivated to get a second sub just for the visual symmetry (I am one), but I suspect many are not EQ'ing them properly.

Personally, the PB16 is the best looking sub I ever owned. It's very striking, and looks premium, which is impressive due to its massive size. I never really cared about how subs looked until I realized how nice these were.

I think the next sub they come out with will be awesome, so definitely wait if you can. But do get that U-mik. Being able to see what your subs are doing on a frequency scale visually is awesome. Having the SVS app and tuning features is even more awesome. If you like tweaking, you will probably lose many hours of your life, but be rewarded with more satisfying bass!

Symmetry is a big reason for dual subs but man I really want that pb16 ultra .. Iím still deciding but I might just end up doing it. It is the prettiest sub I have seen. Iím sure I wonít be disappointed with either choice. It is just making the choice that is killing me. I mean I eventually get a second one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:08 PM   #18362
nonametofame nonametofame is offline
Expert Member
 
Apr 2008
353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretiem View Post
Symmetry is a big reason for dual subs but man I really want that pb16 ultra .. Iím still deciding but I might just end up doing it. It is the prettiest sub I have seen. Iím sure I wonít be disappointed with either choice. It is just making the choice that is killing me. I mean I eventually get a second one.
You should go for it. One sub will be easier to implement, and the single PB16 will reach lower octaves than a series of pb3000s could ever do.

And the biggest benefit?... that sweet piano black gloss, the perfect match for the rest of your setup, now all in the same finish.

Strike while the iron is hot. Black Friday is around the corner, it will be a buyer's market soon
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #18363
Gretiem Gretiem is offline
Senior Member
 
Gretiem's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
nj
342
374
1
39
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonametofame View Post
You should go for it. One sub will be easier to implement, and the single PB16 will reach lower octaves than a series of pb3000s could ever do.

And the biggest benefit?... that sweet piano black gloss, the perfect match for the rest of your setup, now all in the same finish.

Strike while the iron is hot. Black Friday is around the corner, it will be a buyer's market soon
I think I am going to stay with the dual pb3000s for now and wait and see what new stuff svs eventually comes out with .. whether it be a pb5000/6000 or 18ultra or dual 16s whatever. It is going be tough not getting the 16ultra but from everyone I spoke to including SVS it seems it is the right decision.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:24 AM   #18364
narcisist narcisist is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2019
Wisconsin
15
Default

I’m happy with my PB-2000 lol. I can’t begin to imagine what the really higher up ones sound like!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:55 AM   #18365
Gretiem Gretiem is offline
Senior Member
 
Gretiem's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
nj
342
374
1
39
5
Default

Even though everyone says that I should stick with the dual pb3000s .. i still want that pb16 ultra
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:56 AM   #18366
Gretiem Gretiem is offline
Senior Member
 
Gretiem's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
nj
342
374
1
39
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcisist View Post
Iím happy with my PB-2000 lol. I canít begin to imagine what the really higher up ones sound like!
I enjoyed my pb2000s when I had them. They are great subs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:02 AM   #18367
nonametofame nonametofame is offline
Expert Member
 
Apr 2008
353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretiem View Post
I think I am going to stay with the dual pb3000s for now and wait and see what new stuff svs eventually comes out with .. whether it be a pb5000/6000 or 18ultra or dual 16s whatever. It is going be tough not getting the 16ultra but from everyone I spoke to including SVS it seems it is the right decision.
Wise choice. But do get that U-mik1 and use REW to get the best from what you have now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:25 PM   #18368
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
10
307
2
Default

Just picked up a matching SB12-NSD to go along with the one I recently fixed the board on (posted a few pages back) for $427.99 out the door with free shipping/shipping out tomorrow for their Black Friday deal. The CS rep told me about these limited production runs coming up when we were going through the repair process on my previous sub so I'm glad I was able to get this one for such a good deal.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bodyslide (12-02-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 08:13 PM   #18369
Gretiem Gretiem is offline
Senior Member
 
Gretiem's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
nj
342
374
1
39
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonametofame View Post
Wise choice. But do get that U-mik1 and use REW to get the best from what you have now.
This decision is still haunting me
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:14 PM   #18370
Gretiem Gretiem is offline
Senior Member
 
Gretiem's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
nj
342
374
1
39
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Just picked up a matching SB12-NSD to go along with the one I recently fixed the board on (posted a few pages back) for $427.99 out the door with free shipping/shipping out tomorrow for their Black Friday deal. The CS rep told me about these limited production runs coming up when we were going through the repair process on my previous sub so I'm glad I was able to get this one for such a good deal.
Awesome. That was a great deal for their black friday sale.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 05:12 AM   #18371
mojojojo mojojojo is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2010
Naples, FL
327
2120
25
Default

Finally getting ready to order a PB16 Ultra.......
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
evoll (12-02-2019), Gretiem (12-02-2019), nonametofame (Yesterday), RageATL (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 08:42 PM   #18372
Gretiem Gretiem is offline
Senior Member
 
Gretiem's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
nj
342
374
1
39
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
Finally getting ready to order a PB16 Ultra.......
Nice I "settled" and decided to ditch my pb3000s for 4000s .. got in on the cyber monday deal. Not quite as big as the pb16 ultra but still get piano black and the ability to run in extended mode.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mojojojo (Yesterday), RageATL (12-03-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 05:38 AM   #18373
MosHighDef MosHighDef is online now
Power Member
 
MosHighDef's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
socal
74
10
Default

hey guys is that SB12 worth 399 right now? I'm reading reviews saying a Polk psw10 sounds almost as good for only $99 on amazon. I only have a small room also and would be upgrading from a polk 8 inch sub. Any suggestions?

im thinking just go with SVS $399 over the polk.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #18374
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
10
307
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosHighDef View Post
hey guys is that SB12 worth 399 right now? I'm reading reviews saying a Polk psw10 sounds almost as good for only $99 on amazon. I only have a small room also and would be upgrading from a polk 8 inch sub. Any suggestions?

im thinking just go with SVS $399 over the polk.
I LOVE my original SB12 hence why I just bought it a sibling, the thing thumps. I personally would opt for the technical expertise and build quality of an SVS over anything from Polk but that's just me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bodyslide (12-05-2019)
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #18375
nonametofame nonametofame is offline
Expert Member
 
Apr 2008
353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretiem View Post
Nice I "settled" and decided to ditch my pb3000s for 4000s .. got in on the cyber monday deal. Not quite as big as the pb16 ultra but still get piano black and the ability to run in extended mode.
I'm hoping that this move works out for you. I read that the PB3000 is quite close to the PB4000 in terms of performance. Let us know your thoughts once you get a chance to audition them. At the very least, you will now have the gloss finish to appease any OCD. And hopefully you're not left wondering what you're missing out on with the pb16.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM   #18376
Gretiem Gretiem is offline
Senior Member
 
Gretiem's Avatar
 
Oct 2018
nj
342
374
1
39
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonametofame View Post
I'm hoping that this move works out for you. I read that the PB3000 is quite close to the PB4000 in terms of performance. Let us know your thoughts once you get a chance to audition them. At the very least, you will now have the gloss finish to appease any OCD. And hopefully you're not left wondering what you're missing out on with the pb16.
According to SVS .. the pb4000 has about 40% more output down low. Also I am not a super huge basshead ... the 3000s werent bad and I wasnt cranking them or anything. I currently have one pb4000 here that I am testing and messing around with. The 16ultras will just be too much for my current living conditions. Ill pass on them for now and see what SVS comes up with down the road. Of course if I am able to have my own theatre room in a basement in a future house then I might just go the dual cabinet setups from monoprice / psa etc
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official Klipsch Subwoofer Owners Thread Subwoofers Big Daddy 227 Yesterday 07:01 PM
The Official Velodyne Subwoofer Owners Thread Subwoofers Big Daddy 315 12-04-2019 10:32 PM
The Official Sunfire Subwoofer Owners Thread Subwoofers Big Daddy 51 07-04-2018 07:02 PM
The Official AV123 Subwoofer Owners Thread Subwoofers Big Daddy 476 10-09-2015 11:43 PM
The Official Epik Subwoofer Owners Thread Subwoofers Big Daddy 1035 09-19-2015 09:56 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:44 AM.