Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Death Stranding (PS4)
$39.99
19 hrs ago
Death Stranding - Collector's Edition (PS4)
$149.99
8 hrs ago
Civilization VI (PS4)
$39.99
18 hrs ago
Rage 2 (PS4)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS4)
$38.00

The Outer Worlds (PS4)
$35.00

Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4)
$24.99

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4)
$52.99

Days Gone (PS4)
$19.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$19.99

The Witcher 3 (PS4)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Spider-Man (PS4)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 11-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #661
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
You guys in the US get Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War & The Last of Us: Remastered with a brand new PS4 console for $200.

I’d buy that if I lived down south.
It's expected at that price range though. Those are old games added digitally and it's also the regular PS4 console, not even the Pro.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:59 PM   #662
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Blackwater

Good deal though even if its not the pro. I wish I could play hzd again for the first time, the tech and stable framerates on a base ps4 blew my mind.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:38 PM   #663
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I dont think anyone that frequents this board is really looking to buy that.
I donít need it, but I see huge value in it. Especially for those who havenít joined PlayStation 4 because they are on the fence because of PS5.

For context, I just ordered 1 Sony Controller from Amazon. $88 after shipping & tax. CDN.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:28 PM   #664

Oct 2011

Quote:
I don’t need it, but I see huge value in it. Especially for those who haven’t joined PlayStation 4 because they are on the fence because of PS5.

For context, I just ordered 1 Sony Controller from Amazon. $88 after shipping & tax. CDN.
I bought the bundle even though I already owned all three games that are included. I've had a 500GB PS4 for about five years, and it still worked fine. I checked the trade in value at Best Buy, and they were offering $100 as a gift card if you included the controller and power cord. Now I have a new console with warranty, a new controller with a fresh battery, and a 1TB hard drive.

Now I can install Death Stranding without trying to figure out what I'm going to delete to make room.

Last edited by Stuart_H; 11-26-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:26 PM   #665

Jun 2016

I will wait until it's on sale for £9
Old 11-26-2019, 11:24 PM   #666
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
I don’t need it, but I see huge value in it. Especially for those who haven’t joined PlayStation 4 because they are on the fence because of PS5.

I see the value in it too but you kinda phrased it as we're lucky for getting that type of deal over one a BF discount on Death Stranding. The bundle is great for those that dont own a PS4 and/or never played those games but most of us on here would rather have a sale on DS. The two arent mutually exclusive anyways
Old 11-27-2019, 04:31 AM   #667
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Blackwater

I'm just gonna say it, death stranding is a good game but I wish we got mgs 6 and a finished a mgs 5 much more instead. I do look forward to a horror game from him.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:20 PM   #668
Special Member

Aug 2015

Well I guess this is not going to be a popular post. I was expecting to find some people here agreed with me about this, but it looks like I may be the only one. This game is not for me. I don't think it's because I'm not a thinking man, as one poster. I've played, and liked, a lot of outside of the box games. But the game portion of this is not for me. All you're doing is making deliveries. There's a dressed up storyline surrounding this, but ultimately that's all you do. The combat portions are best avoided altogether with stealth or you might have critical cargo damaged. The deliveries are usually pretty boring and somewhat painful in that you have to hold down L2 & R2 the whole time to stay upright. This does get easier when you get some upgrades (e.g. skeleton) and can access the vehicles. But I just thought to myself, do I really want to do this for another 30-50 hours or however long it takes me. And I just don't. I gave it 10 hours so I definitely gave it a fair shot.

I don't like how the whole thing is like a social media stream and you have people's flashy signs all over the road and on screen notifications to give them "likes." How exactly does this make sense in a dystopian world overrun by invisible monsters? It seems more appropriate for something like Sunset Overdrive.

I am not saying it is a bad game at all. And it is definitely a very polished experience. I think I can understand why some people like it. It feels good to have a check list and see the items get ticked off one by one. I just don't want to do it for another month or so.

I find the story very interesting, but the story does does not match the game in my opinion. The deliveries part of it seems forced. I am tempted to finish it on youtube, but I will hold off for now in case I ever come back to it. While I'm talking about that, I also really hate how you can have 20-30 minutes of cutscenes (minimal interaction or movement maybe) and you're basically just stuck and you can't tell what deliveries will trigger it ahead of time.

I do see the comments that the game gets better and reading TheSweetieMan's posts definitely does make me wish I had finished. But again, 30-50 more hours for that payoff and I wasn't having fun at all. I've moved on for now at least. If I come back it will have to be after a while. I purposely left myself ready to go with everything I need for the next delivery so I won't be lost if I come back.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #669
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2014

Finally finished it after about 47 hrs. The story is interesting (if somewhat convoluted by the end), some characters are good, music is great. The gameplay missions however (which are mostly just making deliveries) leaves a lot to be desired & can make the game feel more like a chore to get through then it should be (especially chapter 3). Had the game been more like the
[Show spoiler]war sections with Cliff
I would’ve loved it probably. Also the fights with
[Show spoiler]the giant BT & the giant whale at the end
were great also & I wish it had more of those moments. The ending section of chapter 13 was also very annoying with
[Show spoiler]having to run around mindlessly a few times until you get tired to trigger cut scenes
also not a fan of end credits that can’t be skipped.

Overall I don’t regret all of my time with it (considering I put so much into it) but it’s not something I’ll ever want to play again so I won’t be keeping it in my collection. It’s certainly not my GOTY (that remains RE2). Kojima’s best game IMO remains MGS 3 & hopefully for his next game the main missions aren’t just glorified fetch quests.

Last edited by darkness2918; 11-28-2019 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:16 PM   #670
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

I'll play this on PS5. I'm in no hurry and by then I'm sure I will be able to find this for dirt cheap. I was never going to pay 60.00 for a game like this, but I do want to play it.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:37 PM   #671
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

I'm done with this, 92% trophy completion. 5 starring all facilities/reaching level 60 is too much, and I couldn't bother with the collectibles. maybe one day

the bandwidth limit ruins the post game, no fun allowed I guess
Old 11-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #672
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Blackwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
no fun allowed I guess

That's death strandings motto often
Old 11-30-2019, 12:37 AM   #673
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
That's death strandings motto often
It’s more like work.

I have a network of zip lines across all the major shelters to deliver to. Instead of just leaving them at level 1, I am upgrading all of them to level 3. In fact the last 2 days I’ve been playing, that’s all I’ve been doing. Once I finally finish that work, I’m gonna switch back to hard difficulty because I’ll never have to encounter a single BT for deliveries. One thing I have found is “chemicals” are the rarest of materials in the game. Yesterday just found out that any delivery to The Spiritualist will net you 600 chemicals in 1 XL container so I’m always making stops to see if any deliveries are available for her.

I still need 10-15 zip lines to go. It’s a gruelling task but once that is done, every delivery will essentially be a cake walk.

Should add that if you do this, it’s best to delete other players zip lines as often times they’ll only confuse your route or simply will not connect to another one of yours given the terrain.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:51 AM   #674

Jun 2016

Tell me the truth, is this game literally just Deliveroo all the way through or does it actually morph into something a bit more interesting eventually??
Old 12-02-2019, 01:41 AM   #675
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clarke View Post
Tell me the truth, is this game literally just Deliveroo all the way through or does it actually morph into something a bit more interesting eventually??
Depends on what you want to do or care about.

The game isnít ďjustĒ one thing or another. Itís a single player story driven game with obstacles preventing you from reaching your destination like any game in its genre.

Those obstacles are mainly traversal across the map with two types of enemies. BTs & Mules. The delivery aspect of the game is about connecting NPCís together along with real people you meet if played online.

There is also massive amounts of micro-management in how you achieve every destination possible. You have the choice of making roads, driving vehicles & building structures to help you & others. Or you can just skip all that & have a tougher challenge ahead of you.

If you finish the main story then the end game is basically what you described.
Thanks given by:
Evangelos (12-03-2019), Omegaice (12-02-2019), R0CK0X (12-05-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 01:48 AM   #676
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Edited

I just looked at my Zip Line count. 75 Level 3 zippers not including Mama’s.

Edit, finished Mama’s Zip Lines. lol

I also decided to go back to Very Easy because I don’t care about LoL counts but rather Porter Rank. I do not notice a difference in likes earned either. Am currently level 350.
Highest online player I’ve seen so far is 370.

Last edited by Derb; 12-02-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #677
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010

Saw this on Reddit and thought I'd share.

So beautiful!

Thanks given by:
Derb (12-03-2019), dirkblack (12-02-2019), Evangelos (12-03-2019), Talal86 (12-02-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 12:38 AM   #678

Nov 2018

I don't have much free time at the moment to fully invest on this (still in chapter 3),but I,m loving the hell out of it.
If you love art games like Journey,Ico etc,you'll enjoy this one too I think.
Its a very different approach to a gaming experience and I love the "Kojimaisms" of it.
And of course,I also bought the deluxe edition of Fallen Order on Black Friday.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:50 AM   #679
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

There is a vehicle in the game I wanted to use. I wonít spoil, but itís one you see as you progress north.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #680
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Finally got Platinum trophy last night.

Took me 160+ hours.

I ended up with excess of 160-Legend of Legends deliveries.

I finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4