Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$20.89
20 hrs ago
Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.99
20 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$187.26
33 min ago
Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$10.96
3 hrs ago
Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49

South Park: Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99

Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$20.39

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 11-30-2019, 05:10 AM   #541
Special Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawasdee1983 View Post
I Just finished Season 2:

oh man so bad, "big Fights" finished like within one minute. Okay I can live with "the kill" but how that person died, oh man so stupid. I think the whole Season wasn't good, like 7 Episodes too long and way to many flashbacks and Dick Grayson so much cry baby. I hope Season 3 will be better.

Also I don't like that ther was less violence than in Season 1, it felt like Warner didn't had the guts anymore for that style of action.
I wonder what compelled them to pretty much retcon Season 1 & tone down the violence. The way people reacted to the first trailer 16 months ago?
Old 11-30-2019, 07:47 AM   #542
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

I liked it except that
[Show spoiler]Donna's death was completely lame and stupid. It might be the dumbest death in a comic book movie/tv show ever. Rachel did go with the body so maybe they'll resurrect her. Hopefully they will because that death was lame

Old 11-30-2019, 08:46 AM   #543

Jul 2011
Eastern WA

Just finished the finale. It was sooo bad i dont think i can support the show anymore. What an absolute embarrassment. Makes me want to throw my S1 bluray in the trash. Everyone involved in the creation of S2 should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:36 PM   #544
Power Member

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matTHEw molENDa View Post
Just finished the finale. It was sooo bad i dont think i can support the show anymore. What an absolute embarrassment. Makes me want to throw my S1 bluray in the trash. Everyone involved in the creation of S2 should be ashamed of themselves.
That sums up pretty well what think about it.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:17 AM   #545
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Old 12-02-2019, 02:51 AM   #546
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
US

Looks like I made the right decision to drop this early on. Just shows that WB doesn't know these characters or how to tell a good story. No idea why they don't let those that work on good shows like Young Justice work on the story and characters for all these live actions shows/movies. I'll stick to re-watching the Teen Titans animated series. Wish this was better cause I love the Teen Titans.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:03 AM   #547
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012

Looks like I made the right decision to drop this show, too. I actually enjoyed the first season, but thought the second season pretty much sucked from the start and only kept getting worse. When Dick started imaging Batman dancing, I was out. This is just more CW-like crap, maybe even worse. The only DC show currently worth watching is Watchmen.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:00 AM   #548
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
Looks like I made the right decision to drop this early on. Just shows that WB doesn't know these characters or how to tell a good story. No idea why they don't let those that work on good shows like Young Justice work on the story and characters for all these live actions shows/movies. I'll stick to re-watching the Teen Titans animated series. Wish this was better cause I love the Teen Titans.
They certainly don't know how to handle villains on this show either. I gave Trygon a pass but Slade was handled in a similar way and it pissed me off. Poor writing and even worse pacing this season. If not for my love of the Teen Titans then I'm not sure how I'd feel about this series. I like it but I can't defend it.

We'd be better off with a sixth Teen Titans season.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #549
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Season 3 Cast update:

Titans Season 3: Damaris Lewis Promoted to Series Regular as Blackfire

This Titans casting news is pretty literally “out of this world.”

TVLine has confirmed that Damaris Lewis — who appeared in a pair of Season 2 episodes as Koriadn’r aka Starfire’s Tamaranean sister aka Blackfire — has been promoted to series regular status for Season 3 of DC Universe’s flagship series.

Lewis’ upgrade should of course come as little surprise to those who have already watched Titans‘ sophomore finale, which released on Nov. 28. (Spoiler alert ahead!) As seen in a final “bonus” scene,
[Show spoiler]a mild-mannered mom had just tucked her kids into the car and loaded their groceries into the trunk when a glob of space goo splatted on the side of her neck. Moments later, the woman transformed into a smirking Blackfire — akin to how Tamaran’s not-so-beloved queen previously used royal guardsman Faddei (Robbie Jones) as her host, during an earlier visit to Earth.

Other Titans casting questions,
[Show spoiler]however, remain to be resolved in the wake of said finale, given what happened to at least three characters who died, seemingly perished or left town.
(Read our recap; TVLine readers gave the finale an average grade of “B-,” while Season 2 as a whole earned a “B.”)

Reports of Lewis’ upgrade previously surfaced on Geeks Worldwide. The actress’ previous credits include FX’s Pose and the Spike Lee film BlacKkKlansman, where she played a Black Power revolutionary named Odetta.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:09 PM   #550
Blu-ray Champion

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
Season 3 Cast update:

This Titans casting news is pretty literally “out of this world.”

TVLine has confirmed that Damaris Lewis — who appeared in a pair of Season 2 episodes as Koriadn’r aka Starfire’s Tamaranean sister aka Blackfire — has been promoted to series regular status for Season 3 of DC Universe’s flagship series.

Lewis’ upgrade should of course come as little surprise to those who have already watched Titans‘ sophomore finale, which released on Nov. 28. (Spoiler alert ahead!) As seen in a final “bonus” scene,
[Show spoiler]a mild-mannered mom had just tucked her kids into the car and loaded their groceries into the trunk when a glob of space goo splatted on the side of her neck. Moments later, the woman transformed into a smirking Blackfire — akin to how Tamaran’s not-so-beloved queen previously used royal guardsman Faddei (Robbie Jones) as her host, during an earlier visit to Earth.

Other Titans casting questions,
[Show spoiler]however, remain to be resolved in the wake of said finale, given what happened to at least three characters who died, seemingly perished or left town.
(Read our recap; TVLine readers gave the finale an average grade of “B-,” while Season 2 as a whole earned a “B.”)

Reports of Lewis’ upgrade previously surfaced on Geeks Worldwide. The actress’ previous credits include FX’s Pose and the Spike Lee film BlacKkKlansman, where she played a Black Power revolutionary named Odetta.
If it means more Anna Diop screentime, then I’m all for it
Thanks given by:
doctorD (12-03-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 09:11 PM   #551
Blu-ray Champion

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
They certainly don't know how to handle villains on this show either. I gave Trygon a pass but Slade was handled in a similar way and it pissed me off. Poor writing and even worse pacing this season. If not for my love of the Teen Titans then I'm not sure how I'd feel about this series. I like it but I can't defend it.

We'd be better off with a sixth Teen Titans season.
It certainly felt like they lost interest in Slade. I almost wonder if it would have been better splitting the season and telling the Slade story entirely in the first half and keeping the Cadmus stuff in the 2nd half.
Thanks given by:
doctorD (12-03-2019), InuYashaCrusade (12-04-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 09:50 PM   #552
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Hey Hawkguy, I'm in agreement with both of your posts...definitely more Anna...
Thanks given by:
Hawkguy (12-03-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows