Best TV Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
InuYasha: Set 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99
17 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Someone's Watching Me! (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
12 Monkeys: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.96
11 hrs ago
Superman & Lois: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$29.98
 
Supernatural: The Fifteenth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Chernobyl 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
 
Dororo: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$47.99
 
Bleach: Set 10 (Blu-ray)
$32.99
 
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2020, 06:52 PM   #481
s2mikey s2mikey is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
s2mikey's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Upstate, NY
72
261
36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post
Super cool that Christensen is returning as Vader. Makes me that much more excited for this show. Still keeping my expectations tempered though.
Yes - hes the most deserving of being in Star wars shows and films.

Im with you though and maybe even more cautious. I just dont see what they are going to do with this show to make me care but Id probably try a few episodes to see if it goes anywhere. But, yeah, expectations are quite low. Its the only way to go into this stuff. Disney is clearly in the "throw all star wars pooh at the wall & see what sticks" mode. Like every character is getting a show. Im waiting for Shmi Skywalkers mini-series.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Captain Flint (12-12-2020)
Old 12-11-2020, 07:27 PM   #482
mysticwaterfall mysticwaterfall is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mysticwaterfall's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Right Behind You
420
1616
212
133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Im waiting for Shmi Skywalkers mini-series.
I would be down for that if it confirmed the theory that Darth Plagueis was behind Anakins creation and we got to see him, since his book is no longer canon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 02:35 AM   #483
Darkstream Darkstream is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Darkstream's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
8
111
131
31
Default

I really want to see a live-action Asajj Ventress show up in one of these series. Maybe she could turn up in Ahsoka, since they've partnered up in Clone Wars. I know Ventress died in one of the books, but that doesn't mean it's part of Disney's canon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:23 AM   #484
jayman3 jayman3 is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
jayman3's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Orlando, FL
Default

Donít get me wrong, I love Christensen returning. Though wouldnít that be kind of irrelevant considering heíll only be suited up in the Vader costume much like he did for ROTS?



Which means he is only doing the movement and not any voice work as Iím sure James Earl Jones is being courted to return.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:35 AM   #485
MattJ1991 MattJ1991 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
MattJ1991's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
39
438
60
126
11
Default

I'm guessing that with him being cast they'll be scenes with him outside the suit as well.

- In meditation chamber
- In healing tank
- Mental force fight against Obi-Wan where he appears like he would if he hadn't been chopped up on Mustafar
- Flashback to the Clone Wars
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (12-12-2020), jayman3 (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 04:34 AM   #486
jayman3 jayman3 is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
jayman3's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Orlando, FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJ1991 View Post
I'm guessing that with him being cast they'll be scenes with him outside the suit as well.

- In meditation chamber
- In healing tank
- Mental force fight against Obi-Wan where he appears like he would if he hadn't been chopped up on Mustafar
- Flashback to the Clone Wars
Oh I would love a Clone Wars Anakin depicted in live action. The Sideshow collectible and BattleFront II are the closest we’ve gotten

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Josep5349 (12-12-2020), MattJ1991 (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 06:38 AM   #487
XavierTheaterPotato XavierTheaterPotato is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
XavierTheaterPotato's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA
240
385
33
3
Default

Am I the only person who thinks this "Rematch" is just for Ewan and Hayden? I'm expecting that this "Rematch" is just a nightmare Obi Wan has or something. Who knows, open mind going in, I guess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 09:05 AM   #488
mysticwaterfall mysticwaterfall is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mysticwaterfall's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Right Behind You
420
1616
212
133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
I really want to see a live-action Asajj Ventress show up in one of these series. Maybe she could turn up in Ahsoka, since they've partnered up in Clone Wars. I know Ventress died in one of the books, but that doesn't mean it's part of Disney's canon.
Dark Disciple is Canon because its based on 8 CW scripts that were in the process for it before it got canceled. 4 of them even had animatics made.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Darkstream (12-12-2020), LeftHandedGuitarist (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 01:31 PM   #489
Helikaon Helikaon is offline
Senior Member
 
Helikaon's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
The Netherlands
42
143
3
1
11
Default

I definitely do not want Obi-wan to meet Darth Vader. That would spoil the significance of their meeting in A New Hope.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #490
CreasyBear CreasyBear is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
CreasyBear's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
148
747
63
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helikaon View Post
I definitely do not want Obi-wan to meet Darth Vader. That would spoil the significance of their meeting in A New Hope.
There's 20 years between ROTS and ANH. That's a lot of time to explore the events that led both to where they are in ANH.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 02:14 PM   #491
Helikaon Helikaon is offline
Senior Member
 
Helikaon's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
The Netherlands
42
143
3
1
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreasyBear View Post
There's 20 years between ROTS and ANH. That's a lot of time to explore the events that led both to where they are in ANH.
Yes, but surely you can agree that when Vader senses Obi-wan on the Death Star and faces him, the significance of the moment is far greater if the last time they met was when Obi-wan cut him down and left him for dead?

Now it seems like pure fan service to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #492
jayman3 jayman3 is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
jayman3's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Orlando, FL
Default

What also sucks is we wonít get any Maul/Obi-Wan story as that was concluded in Rebels.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 02:46 PM   #493
Geoff D Geoff D is online now
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
698
2018
5
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helikaon View Post
Yes, but surely you can agree that when Vader senses Obi-wan on the Death Star and faces him, the significance of the moment is far greater if the last time they met was when Obi-wan cut him down and left him for dead?

Now it seems like pure fan service to me.
Agreed. I don't have a problem with an Obi-Wan series, but having him and Vader cross paths before they meet again in Star Wars is gonna undercut that whole vibe. I mean they even hint in the film that they think he's long dead because they haven't seen him in so long, I know Vader replies to Moff Tarkin's "surely he must be dead by now" with "Don't underestimate the force" (which is gonna be the get-out-clause of all get-out-clauses) but if Vader and Kenobi had crossed paths again then shirley he would've TOLD his superiors about it and had them hunting across the galaxy for him?

They could've brought back Kenobi, they could've brought back Vader, but they didn't have to cross paths, we didn't have to have "the rematch of the century" as Kathy Kennedy called it. Pure fan service indeed.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (12-12-2020), Helikaon (12-13-2020), Staying Salty (12-12-2020), XavierTheaterPotato (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 02:52 PM   #494
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
134
381
55
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Agreed. I don't have a problem with an Obi-Wan series, but having him and Vader cross paths before they meet again in Star Wars is gonna undercut that whole vibe. I mean they even hint in the film that they think he's long dead because they haven't seen him in so long, I know Vader replies to Moff Tarkin's "surely he must be dead by now" with "Don't underestimate the force" (which is gonna be the get-out-clause of all get-out-clauses) but if Vader and Kenobi had crossed paths again then shirley he would've TOLD his superiors about it and had them hunting across the galaxy for him?

They could've brought back Kenobi, they could've brought back Vader, but they didn't have to cross paths, we didn't have to have "the rematch of the century" as Kathy Kennedy called it. Pure fan service indeed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 02:55 PM   #495
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
73
2696
2130
9
Default

Perhaps Ewan will be playing his brother Obi-Tou Kenobi for that scene?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #496
Darkstream Darkstream is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Darkstream's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
8
111
131
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticwaterfall View Post
Dark Disciple is Canon because its based on 8 CW scripts that were in the process for it before it got canceled. 4 of them even had animatics made.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. They need to make that come to life on screen. Ventress is too cool to just write off like that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #497
s2mikey s2mikey is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
s2mikey's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Upstate, NY
72
261
36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticwaterfall View Post
I would be down for that if it confirmed the theory that Darth Plagueis was behind Anakins creation and we got to see him, since his book is no longer canon.
Ya know, after I posted what was supposed to be a joke about a Shmi series I realized that her backstory might be more interesting than the majority of what they have slated. The Plageuis thing and the secrets behind Anains creation is damned cool stuff. So, you're right!

Bring on the Shmi series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 06:10 PM   #498
stvn1974 stvn1974 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
18
Default

Why would Christensen need to be in this? Wouldn't the actor who portrayed Vader in Rogue One make more sense? Hayden will just be in the suit with his voice manipulated to sound like James Earl Jones.

As far as Vader and Obi Wan meeting they can't do it on Tatooine because Vader hates sand.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Helikaon (12-13-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #499
CreasyBear CreasyBear is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
CreasyBear's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
148
747
63
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helikaon View Post
Yes, but surely you can agree that when Vader senses Obi-wan on the Death Star and faces him, the significance of the moment is far greater if the last time they met was when Obi-wan cut him down and left him for dead?

Now it seems like pure fan service to me.
Because Vader doesn't say "A presence I've not felt since Mustafar." Again, 20 years.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
sandman slim (12-13-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 06:25 PM   #500
Josep5349 Josep5349 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Josep5349's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreasyBear View Post
Because Vader doesn't say "A presence I've not felt since Mustafar." Again, 20 years.
20 years is nothing really, certainly far less than implied in ANH...but let’s face it, the next two movies did a good job at eroding away that sense of myth anyway, and subsequently cemented by the PT.

Last edited by Josep5349; 12-12-2020 at 06:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 PM.