Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99

The Guardian (Blu-ray)
$13.79
2 hrs ago
Warning Sign (Blu-ray)
$16.79
5 hrs ago
Event Horizon (Blu-ray)
$20.99

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Labyrinth 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.46
22 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.59

Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$70.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-13-2019, 05:09 AM   #661

Mar 2016

Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of what's included on each retail-exclusive bonus disc?
Old 04-17-2019, 11:27 PM   #662

Nov 2011
San Diego

So I recieved the Robert Ball Art version of season 7 and was disappointed that it did not come with conquest and rebellion even though the Amazon description said it would
Old 07-17-2019, 05:03 AM   #663

Mar 2017
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
So like, am I really far off saying this set has some really ugly video quality in a dozen or so random scenes? It usually looks amazing, but there are random scenes where a combination of banding and compression issues in the darks/blues look horrendous. One example is the Grey Worm/Melissandre love scene, and another is some dark blue moments of the climax up north in episode six. Some really ugly stuff no one seems to be talking about.

I tested this on both players I use and obviously don't have issues with my other 1500+ titles. I also have never seen anything quite this bad on GoT discs before, just some minor issues in the blacks I associated with digital photography.
I just finished watching it today for the first time and I came here looking for this. There is so much banding in some of those dark scenes, like when Jon and the others first get on the rock in the middle of the lake in episode 6. Itís common in bluer scenes with dimmer lighting, and the bitrate also takes a hit in these scenes going down to around 15Mbps. Iíve also picked up on a very mild flicker in some of the greys and blacks in darker scenes even when there isnít candle or firelight.

I noticed the same thing in season 6. When Brienne and Pod leave Riverrun and wave goodbye to Jaime in episode 8 there are big blocky bands around their boat. Itís not just dark scenes either, Iíve seen it in whiter snowy and blue skies and mist, like when Ser Davos finds the wooden stag model in the ashes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America