Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
8 hrs ago
Stargirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$11.99
1 hr ago
Chernobyl 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
20 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Supernatural: The Fifteenth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Black Lagoon: Complete Collection Season 1 and 2 + Roberta's Blood Trail OVA (Blu-ray)
$35.99

WWE: WrestleMania 37 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
20 hrs ago
High School DxD: The Series (Blu-ray)
$28.79

The Expanse: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$26.94
20 hrs ago
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 09-28-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California
Default Tron Uprising - New Animated Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collider
Details Emerge on Animated Tron series, Tron: Uprising

Earlier this year, we reported on the news that Disney is creating an animated TV show based off of their upcoming Tron reboot/sequel, Tron: Legacy. At the time, we only knew that the series will appear sometime in late 2011 or early 2012 on either ABC or new “boy channel” Disney XD. We also knew that the series is designed as a “placeholder,” with the goal of maintaining fan interest while the second movie of a brand new trilogy is put together. It took a few months, but we now have an update on the project.

Disney has reportedly registered the domain name “tronuprising.com.” Stitch Kingdom did some digging and found out that Tron: Uprising is the title for the animated series. The site claims that the series will debut on Disney XD in the fall of 2011, and will be a “ten-part ‘microseries’ in which a young program named Beck stands up against an evil regime headed by Clu who obtains his status after the defeat of TRON, the security watchdog program.”

If anything, this news is only more proof that Disney feels very confident about Tron: Legacy and how it will perform. This news also makes it seem that Disney is definitely thinking about creating a franchise with the new film. I’m personally looking forward to seeing Tron: Legacy this December: if the film turns out to be as good as I hope it will be, then I will definitely check out this “microseries” next year.
Source

Awesome news! I can't wait!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
Special Member

Sep 2009

Well, if it's going to be on Disney XD then I hope DISH and Disney work out a deal for their HD feeds before then. Bastards had a falling out a while back and pulled their HD feeds.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:01 AM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln6Echo View Post
Well, if it's going to be on Disney XD then I hope DISH and Disney work out a deal for their HD feeds before then. Bastards had a falling out a while back and pulled their HD feeds.
That's lame I'm sorry dude. That said, I can't wait to see this. It should be interesting. i'm glad Disney is really getting behind Tron now
Old 10-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #4
Special Member

Sep 2009

I don't know about you, but this is the perfect time for a new TRON saga. With CG where it is now, this is what TRON has needed for 30 years. Hopefully Legacy will revitalize the franchise and we'll get a resurgence of popularity kind of like how Clone Wars has revitalized interest in Star Wars 5 years after the last film.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:43 AM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln6Echo View Post
I don't know about you, but this is the perfect time for a new TRON saga. With CG where it is now, this is what TRON has needed for 30 years. Hopefully Legacy will revitalize the franchise and we'll get a resurgence of popularity kind of like how Clone Wars has revitalized interest in Star Wars 5 years after the last film.
That's what i'm hoping for too. It really is the perfect time for Tron to be back, and I'm really hoping we get another trilogy out of this movie It's just nice to see Disney actually getting behind it after leaving it dormant for so long
Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collider
Disney XD Orders TRON: UPRISIGING Animated Series With Elijah Wood, Paul Reubens, and Bruce Boxleitner!

With Disney’s long awaited sequel Tron Legacy hitting theaters in a little over a month, fans are foaming at the mouth for everything Tron related. Even after the movie gets released, audiences will have something new to look forward to on the grid as Variety reports Disney XD has ordered Tron: Uprising an animated series being developed for release in the summer of 2012. Charlie Bean (Samurai Jack) will executive produce and direct the series, so you know the action will be amazing, and Tron Legacy writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz will serve as consulting producers. For more on the new series including the interesting list of cast members, hit the jump

Heading into the world of Tron and lending their voices to the animated series will be Elijah Wood (Everything is Illuminated), Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage), Mandy Moore (Tangled), Paul Reubens (Pee-Wee’s Playhouse), Lance Henriksen (Cyrus) and Bruce Boxleitner reprising his franchise role as Tron. When we first heard about this series back in September, it was said that this Tron: Uprising would be a ten part microseries in which a young program named Beck stands up against an evil regime headed by Clu who obtains his status after the defeat of Tron, the security watchdog program. However, that information is not true and Tron: Uprising is completely independent of that microseries which is slated to air in the fall of 2011. Sounds like a lot more Tron is headed our way even after Tron Legacy hits theaters on December 17th, and I couldn’t be happier about that. Agreed?
Source

So excited!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Just in case you haven't seen Tron Legacy, tread lightly. There be spoilers ahead matey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashfilm
Tron Uprising Details Emerge

Whether or not you love or hate TRON: Legacy, there’s no denying that Disney is all in with their investment in the franchise. Video games, theme parks, toys and, of course, the upcoming animated series. Tron: Uprising will begin airing on Disney XD (that’s like Disney Channel for Boys) during the Summer of 2012 and it sports an impressive voice cast including Elijah Wood, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Mandy Moore, Paul Reubens, Nate Corddry, Lance Henriksen and Bruce Boxleitner, who will reprise his role as Tron. There’s also a 10-part micro-series in the works that will premiere in the Fall.

We’ve now learned a bit more about the cartoon series, including where it starts and will end. Read about it after the break.
In an interview with Box Office Magazine (with a heads up from Ain’t It Cool News), TRON: Legacy co-screenwriter Adam Horowitz said they’re treating the series “very seriously” and revealed where it’ll take place in the TRON timeline.

Quote:
This animated show will take place from when Flynn is in a safe house. It’s from when Clu takes over the grid to before when Sam comes in. So if you were wondering what was the grid like before that, then watch the show.
Previously, it was announced that the main focus of the show would be a character named Beck (voiced by Wood) who would lead an uprising inside the Grid. But that’s not all, according to Horowitz, who is a consulting producer on the show along with his co-screenwriter Edward Kitsis. Horowitz said that the series would be a great opportunity to expand on many of the loose ends and storylines they couldn’t explore – but have information on – in the film.

Quote:
To give you an example of how we approached storytelling sometimes is like when you’re in the End of Line club, when we first meet Castor and he’s being berated by one of the patrons saying, ‘I want an audience with Zuse.’ His name is Bartik, and there’s an entire back story we have for him. The guy with him, his name is Hopper, there’s a whole thing between the two of them, what they are doing in there, and how they got there.

It’s like over the years of developing this movie, we developed all these mythologies and all these back stories and all little tangential things. Did we have time to do the Bartik story? No. But now maybe the Bartik story is in the animated series —you know, he’s got a huge scar on his face. I want to know how he got that scar. We couldn’t sit down and write that there’s a guy with a scar on his face without knowing what the scar was. So we hope it adds to the depth of the movie.

Our intention is to try and make something that is more than just, let’s go get something. We treat TRON very, very seriously and as writers we try to have a reason and a world for everything and not all of it gets to be shown because in this particular movie, we only had two hours. [So] hopefully it fills in the blanks in and in a fun way and an intriguing way.
TRON certainly lends itself to an animated series, but the question remains, will people care about it in 18 months? Still, it seems like a cool world and story to explore. What do you think about this series?
Source

Very awesome Can't wait!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Teaser trailer has been released.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SHHH/news/?a=31170
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Nice find. It looks promising.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Trailer looks good. Can't wait to see it.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #11
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

This has North AND PeeWee? I might have to check it out.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Watch the Comic-Con Footage for Disney XD’s Animated Series TRON: UPRISING

I liked Tron: Legacy more than most of you, but I understand the complaints. I hope that Disney XD’s new animated series Tron: Uprising is a source of redemption, much like Genndy Tartakovsky’s Star Wars: Clone Wars rose from the ashes of disappointment in the prequels. After all, few worlds are better suited for animation than the Grid.

Disney XD premiered new footage at Comic-Con last week, and posted the clip online today. As expected, it looks pretty darn cool. Elijah Wood, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Mandy Moore, Paul Reubens, Lance Henriksen, and Bruce Boxleitner provide voices for the series. Watch the new clip after the break.

The clip starts off with a series of stills and test footage, but really gets going around the 1:00 mark.

Quote:
For more Tron: Uprising video, watch the teaser trailer here (POSTED ABOVE. - WG). The show is set to premiere summer 2012. Here’s the official synopsis:

Quote:
Produced by Disney Television Animation, the series follows Beck, a young program who becomes the unlikely leader of a revolution inside the computer world of The Grid. His mission is to free his home and friends from the reign of the villainous Clu and his henchman General Tesler. Beck will be trained by Tron – the greatest warrior the Grid has ever known. Tron will not only teach Beck the fighting skills he needs to challenge this brutal military occupation, but will be a guide and mentor to him as he grows beyond his youthful, impulsive nature into a courageous, powerful leader. Destined to become the new protector of the system, Beck adopts Tron’s persona and becomes the archenemy of Tesler and his oppressive forces.
Source

Very excited for this!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #13
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
New Details on 'Tron Uprising' Revealed

We brought you a teaser trailer for TRON: Uprising nearly a year ago as well as a clip from this past summer’s Comic-Con. Now, two years in the making, Disney is planning on rolling out the full series in June of this year. But first, they’re taking an interesting approach on the debut. According to Marsh:

Quote:
“We’re taking a 10-part micro-sode approach, which will begin airing three-minute pieces in April.”
So, they’re probably going to attach these three-minute micro-clips at the end of other popular shows or perhaps port them over to a TRON: Uprising website? No idea. In the meantime, what we do know is that the animated series will feature a combination of traditional (2D) animation with 3D CG animation that will:

Quote:
“Iffer a revolutionary visual aesthetic that is really going to help redefine the kind of animation that you can do on television around the globe. And luckily, we’ve been able to use the same writers, the same producers, and some of the same vehicle designers, who’ve created the images for the feature film, in the series.”
As for timing, this series will play out between the original TRON and TRON: Legacy. Here’s what Marsh has to say about the plot:

Quote:
“What’s happened is that Tron has been badly injured by villainous Clu, but he has found a protege, a brilliant young mechanic, who is another program like himself, named Beck and voiced by Elijah Wood, who TRON decides he is going to train to be the next TRON.”
Source
Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
New Poster and Footage from Disney XD’s TRON: UPRISING

If you’ve been wondering what’s the status of Tron: Uprising, you’ll be happy to learn the show premieres this June on Disney XD. Featuring the voices of Elijah Wood, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Mandy Moore, Paul Reubens, Nate Corddry, Lance Henriksen, and Bruce Boxleitner, Tron: Uprising covers the events between the original TRON and Tron: Legacy. The series is directed and executive produced by Charlie Bean (Samurai Jack) with Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (the writers of Tron: Legacy) acting as consulting producers.

With the show premiering soon, a poster and some new footage has hit the net and it features our first real look at the series. If you thought Tron: Uprising was going to look like the first trailer, you might be a bit disappointed. But as someone that loves the world of Tron and is still hoping for another sequel, I can’t wait to watch the series.

Poster via alberto mielgo and footage via toynewsi.

Here’s the official synopsis:

Quote:
Produced by Disney Television Animation, the series follows Beck, a young program who becomes the unlikely leader of a revolution inside the computer world of The Grid. His mission is to free his home and friends from the reign of the villainous Clu and his henchman General Tesler. Beck will be trained by Tron – the greatest warrior the Grid has ever known. Tron will not only teach Beck the fighting skills he needs to challenge this brutal military occupation, but will be a guide and mentor to him as he grows beyond his youthful, impulsive nature into a courageous, powerful leader. Destined to become the new protector of the system, Beck adopts Tron’s persona and becomes the archenemy of Tesler and his oppressive forces.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

So has an exact date been listed for the first episode?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #16

May 2011
St. Louis Area

Has anyone watched the first few episodes of this show? What did you think?
Old 07-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #17
Special Member

Feb 2010
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prox View Post
Has anyone watched the first few episodes of this show? What did you think?
it's really good, looks great in HD. So much colour!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #18

May 2011
St. Louis Area

Has there been any news of a Blu-ray release for the first season? I would love to have my own high-quality copy!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #19
Power Member

Sep 2007
Pueblo CO

needs a blu ray release
Old 01-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #20

May 2011
St. Louis Area
Default Soundtrack

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread or in the Music forum, but the soundtrack is out now.
You can listen to it for free via AOL Music (no signup or login required).

"Rescuing the Rebellion" and "Lightbike Battle (3OH!3 and JT Remix)" are my personal favorites.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows