Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Les MisÚrables 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
17 hrs ago
The Night of the Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Sisu 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.36
 
Hugo 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$33.49
 
12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 hr ago
Serpico 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Longest Yard 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Package (Blu-ray)
$12.49
17 hrs ago
Needful Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
 
Hustle (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
The Experts (Blu-ray)
$12.49
30 min ago
Marathon Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
DEADP00L DEADP00L is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2013
Default Ultimate Battle of Comic Book Heroes!

Screw it! Mods please closed/delete the thread.

Next time Elandyll when someone tries to put up a fun little game keep your ****ing opinion to yourself.


Discouraging DB!

Last edited by DEADP00L; 03-13-2013 at 08:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #2
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
183
Default

What is Magneto these days? Is he considered a hero at the moment?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
145
393
57
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Jean Grey wins unless you're capping powers by saying she doesn't have the Phoenix, in which case Magneto wins.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Jean Grey wins unless you're capping powers by saying she doesn't have the Phoenix, in which case Magneto wins.
If you take the Phoenix out of the equation, the ultimate match is going to be be Silver Surfer, holder of the Power Cosmic, versus the most destructive hero in existence, Black Bolt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Blu Doon Blu Doon is offline
Expert Member
 
Blu Doon's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
Bettendorf IA
155
Default

Hey I have a couple of characters I would like to see added if you are up for it

Spawn- AL Simmons
The Darkness-Jackie Estacado
WitchBlade-Sara Pezzini
Submariner
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #6
Punishment1o1 Punishment1o1 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Punishment1o1's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Local AMC Theater
267
Default

Are we only doing Marvel characters for now?

Anyways, since we have included Iron Man already, can we go ahead and War Machine to the list too?

And since we're including a lot of the X-Men, how about some love for Gambit?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
DEADP00L DEADP00L is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punishment1o1 View Post
Are we only doing Marvel characters for now?

Anyways, since we have included Iron Man already, can we go ahead and War Machine to the list too?

And since we're including a lot of the X-Men, how about some love for Gambit?
I'll be doing DC and others as well. Gambit and War Machine will be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Doon View Post
Hey I have a couple of characters I would like to see added if you are up for it

Spawn- AL Simmons
The Darkness-Jackie Estacado
WitchBlade-Sara Pezzini
Submariner
They will be added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Jean Grey wins unless you're capping powers by saying she doesn't have the Phoenix, in which case Magneto wins.
"When transformed into Phoenix, Jean's powers escalate to an incalculable level, allowing her to rearrange or disintegrate matter at a subatomic level, fly unaided through space, survive in any atmosphere, and manipulate electromagnetic and cosmic energies for various effects and atmospheric disturbances. She can create stargates that can transport her anywhere in the universe instantaneously. At this level, she is powerful enough to easily defeat a herald of Galactus."

Whoa! Overpowered much there Marvel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
What is Magneto these days? Is he considered a hero at the moment?
I'm thinking anti-hero than a superhero or an villain so I'm going by what I found on wiki-answers and adding him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
Gaius Marius Gaius Marius is offline
Power Member
 
Gaius Marius's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
36
594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
If you take the Phoenix out of the equation, the ultimate match is going to be be Silver Surfer, holder of the Power Cosmic, versus the most destructive hero in existence, Black Bolt.
Most likely, though Thor, Hulk and maybe Sentry could be up there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #9
Punishment1o1 Punishment1o1 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Punishment1o1's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Local AMC Theater
267
Default

Cool. Good to see you now have the DC list up as well. I would like to include some heroes that don't seem to get a lot of the limelight. My first inclusion would definetily be Resurrection Man. I think his powers alone makes him an interesting choice. I would also like include Orion and maybe even Metamorpho?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #10
DEADP00L DEADP00L is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punishment1o1 View Post
Cool. Good to see you now have the DC list up as well. I would like to include some heroes that don't seem to get a lot of the limelight. My first inclusion would definetily be Resurrection Man. I think his powers alone makes him an interesting choice. I would also like include Orion and maybe even Metamorpho?
Added.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #11
onyxbfly onyxbfly is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
onyxbfly's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
780
29
47
Default

Excuse me if I'm missing something but how exactly does this work? Do we pick one from each group etc?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
183
Default

The Spectre needs to be added to the DC list, possibly also the Phantom Stranger. Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Captain Atom and then you also have the heroes from the Legion of Superheroes, like Mon-El and Cosmic Boy.

I am also not sure if people like Franklin Richards should be mentioned. He is always written as being the most powerful mutant in the future, and possibly the person that eventually becomes Galactus.

Last edited by Clark Kent; 03-11-2013 at 06:15 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #13
DEADP00L DEADP00L is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
Excuse me if I'm missing something but how exactly does this work? Do we pick one from each group etc?
It will be like this.
[Show spoiler]
Wolverine


Current Events

Powers and Abilities:

Vs.

Gambit


Current Events

Powers and Abilities:


But the match-ups will be more random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
The Spectre needs to be added to the DC list, possibly also the Phantom Stranger. Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Captain Atom and then you also have the heroes from the Legion of Superheroes, like Mon-El and Cosmic Boy.

I am also not sure if people like Franklin Richards should be mentioned. He is always written as being the most powerful mutant in the future, and possibly the person that eventually becomes Galactus.
Added but I need more info on the one about Galactus.


Also the ones from the Image/Top Cow/Dark Horse lineup are the only ones I know of so guys I need your help there.

Last edited by DEADP00L; 03-11-2013 at 07:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #14
Elandyll Elandyll is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Elandyll's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
MD
188
1
Default

It is an interesting take on the age old "Who would win if X was fighting Y?" questions, but as hinted before you have your work cut out for you

Many of these heroes have had wild fluctuations in the level of their power, the best example being Jean Grey of course, but also (among others)
Iron Man: Which armor?
Ms Marvel: Before she had her powers stolen by Rogue? As a near human afterwards? Or as Binary once she had been experiemtned upon by the Brood? Or as the then new and improved Ms Marvel post Binary powers?
...

I'm sure it's probably the same on the DC side, I just don't really follow anyone there.

Good luck

Last edited by Elandyll; 03-11-2013 at 07:55 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #15
DEADP00L DEADP00L is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
It is an interesting take on the age old "Who would win if X was fighting Y?" questions, but as hinted before you have your work cut out for you

Many of these heroes have had wild fluctuations in the level of their power, the best example being Jean Grey of course, but also (among others)
Iron Man: Which armor?
Ms Marvel: Before she had her powers stolen by Rogue? AS a near human afterwards? Or as Binary once she had been experiemtned upon by the Brood? Or as the then new and improved Ms Marvel post Binary powers?

etc.
All of that will be address in the match-up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #16
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADP00L View Post
Added but I need more info on the one about Galactus.
Franklin Richards is the son of Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman. In most of Marvel's various futures, he is the most powerful entity in the universe with the ability to shape reality itself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #17
DEADP00L DEADP00L is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Franklin Richards is the son of Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman. In most of Marvel's various futures, he is the most powerful entity in the universe with the ability to shape reality itself.
Wiki:
Quote:
Franklin is a mutant who possesses the power to warp reality, i.e., to make any thought or desire come to fruition, even up to a cosmic scale; conjunctively, he is able to rearrange the molecular structure of matter. In a remarkable display of power, Franklin subconsciously created his own pocket universe, encompassing a virtual replica of Earth-616. As a result, several cosmic entities, including Galactus, Eternity, and Infinity, as well as Omniversal Guardian Roma and Omniversal Majestrix Opal Luna Saturnyne, began to take notice of Franklin's tremendous gifts, going so far to describe him as a "being whom the Celestials felt was on par with themselves."

In addition to reality and molecular manipulation, Franklin has vast psionic powers that have manifested as telepathy, telekinesis, energy blasts of concussive force, precognition, and astral projection. Being a child, however, Franklin's abilities are restricted to an extent by his limited control. Moreover, it remains unclear what power levels Franklin will ultimately achieve as an adult, as several future incarnations from alternate realities as well as the mainstream Marvel universe have been shown to vary in power. One such manifestation of Franklin in adult form was able to destroy two Celestials from Earth-4280 during physical combat; in the aftermath of their defeat, Franklin's immortality was strongly implied. The same individual also tapped into the power of his younger self to resurrect and transform Galactus into his own personal herald.

In terms of unrealized potential, Franklin is generally considered to be the most powerful Earth-bound mutant in the Marvel Universe.
Here I thought Phoenix was overpowered.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #18
Blu Doon Blu Doon is offline
Expert Member
 
Blu Doon's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
Bettendorf IA
155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADP00L View Post



Also the ones from the Image/Top Cow/Dark Horse lineup are the only ones I know of so guys I need your help there.
Thanks for adding my suggestions!
Could you add Savage Dragon to the Image list
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #19
DEADP00L DEADP00L is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Doon View Post
Thanks for adding my suggestions!
Could you add Savage Dragon to the Image list
Never mind have mod close it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
DC UNIVERSE. DC UNIVERSE. is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2013
Send a message via Yahoo to DC UNIVERSE.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADP00L View Post
Never mind have mod close it.
If you want to close it send a private message to Crazyblue.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 AM.