Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.54

Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Oceans: Our Blue Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.97

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 01-23-2020, 10:51 PM   #1

Apr 2016
Default Pink Floyd - Pulse

Hope I see this soon.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:23 AM   #2

Jun 2011

I just bought the DVD of this, so I just popped it in to check out how it looks upconverted on my 4K tv. I think it actually looks pretty decent for a DVD.

According to my Oppo 205, the DVD's audio options are:
- Dolby Digital 2.0 48khz @ 437 kbps
- Dolby Digital 5.1 48 kHz @ 437 kbps
- Dolby Digital 5.1 48 kHz @ 625 kbps

Since they filmed it on videotape, I'd rather they just release a Blu-ray with the footage upconverted and upgrade the audio to a lossless format.

The movie version of The Wall is the most likely thing from Pink Floyd to get released on 4K UHD. However, since it didn't get a Blu-ray, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Thanks given by:
heinzw (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 06:34 AM   #3

Aug 2017
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0tredom View Post
I just bought the DVD of this, so I just popped it in to check out how it looks upconverted on my 4K tv. I think it actually looks pretty decent for a DVD.

According to my Oppo 205, the DVD's audio options are:
- Dolby Digital 2.0 48khz @ 437 kbps
- Dolby Digital 5.1 48 kHz @ 437 kbps
- Dolby Digital 5.1 48 kHz @ 625 kbps

Since they filmed it on videotape, I'd rather they just release a Blu-ray with the footage upconverted and upgrade the audio to a lossless format.

The movie version of The Wall is the most likely thing from Pink Floyd to get released on 4K UHD. However, since it didn't get a Blu-ray, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Just to make sure, you're aware of the (admittedly very expensive) box Pink Floyd: The Later Years? It has PULSE upscaled as you asked for on Blu with 5.1 master audio along with Delicate Sound of Thunder which IIRC was shot on film.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:28 AM   #4

Jan 2020

Live in Pompeii would be a possibility I spose, that was done on 35mm wasn't it?
Thanks given by:
heinzw (01-29-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 07:40 AM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016

PULSE in 4K would be both impossible and pointless.

What we really need on 4K is The Wall. Both the movie and the concert footage.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
Power Member

Nov 2013
O Fallon, Missouri

It just came on blu ray in that expensive box set and they cleaned up the rough footage and upgraded the audio.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #7

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrid View Post
Just to make sure, you're aware of the (admittedly very expensive) box Pink Floyd: The Later Years? It has PULSE upscaled as you asked for on Blu with 5.1 master audio along with Delicate Sound of Thunder which IIRC was shot on film.
I was not aware; thanks for the info. The price kept me from investigating the details of the release.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:13 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Tulsa, OK (formally S. Wales)

I believe in all possibilities and yes, PULSE would be a crowning achievement to see a UHD release. It was horribly shot on video but science Iím sure could make it look cleaned up some and give it incredible Atmos track.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #9

Jan 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0tredom View Post
I was not aware; thanks for the info. The price kept me from investigating the details of the release.
I wouldn't be shocked if some parts of that release like the remix of Momentary Lapse of Reason see a separate release, Pulse perhaps as well.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:42 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2019
South Florida

This is not a drill.

https://rogerwaters.com/2/
Old 02-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #11
Expert Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler The Slag View Post
I believe in all possibilities and yes, PULSE would be a crowning achievement to see a UHD release. It was horribly shot on video but science Iím sure could make it look cleaned up some and give it incredible Atmos track.
Pulse wouldn't look any better on UHD than it does on DVD. The only excuse for releasing it on BD is the improved audio. If you're a Floyd obsessive, there are other things that releally deserve HD treatment (Pompeii, The Wall movie).
Old 02-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #12
Expert Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreorless View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if some parts of that release like the remix of Momentary Lapse of Reason see a separate release, Pulse perhaps as well.
The problem with the Momentary Lapse remix is that it only appeals to completists and obsessives. It should have been released separately from the start.

Now I can't belive they restored Delicate Sound of Thunder only to bury it in a box set that only obsessives will buy. The video deserves to be released separately.
Thanks given by:
CANUCKS FAN (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwoppet View Post
Pulse wouldn't look any better on UHD than it does on DVD. The only excuse for releasing it on BD is the improved audio. If you're a Floyd obsessive, there are other things that releally deserve HD treatment (Pompeii, The Wall movie).
Agreed. In fact, I made a post about it a few years ago:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...ighlight=floyd

I'd kill to see The Wall and Pompeii, but the post-Waters live stuff has never appealed to me to begin with and there wouldn't be much benefit to Pulse.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #14

Apr 2016

I had the laserdisc version of Pulse, and it was awesome, audio and video! The audio on the later release DVD sucks! So, I hope the release the HD version with upgraded audio.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:05 PM   #15
Expert Member

Oct 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamcam View Post
I had the laserdisc version of Pulse, and it was awesome, audio and video! The audio on the later release DVD sucks! So, I hope the release the HD version with upgraded audio.
I've played the DVD on several different surround systems, and it's probably the best concert audio I've ever heard.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:09 PM   #16
Expert Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnoyes View Post
Agreed. In fact, I made a post about it a few years ago:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...ighlight=floyd

I'd kill to see The Wall and Pompeii, but the post-Waters live stuff has never appealed to me to begin with and there wouldn't be much benefit to Pulse.
It was a big disappointment that Pompeii, which is included on the Early Years box set, is an upscale. As it doesn't belong to Floyd (Universal owns it), they weren't allowed to do a true HD master for the 1972 volume. Anyway, the version included is that horrible "director's cut".

One thing which is priceless, however, is that the accompanying CD faetures the songs remixed at their original speed. All versions of the movie are sped up from 24 to 25 fps, affecting the audio. The CD also includes an alternate take of Careful with that Axe, Eugene.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists