Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
District 9 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
14 hrs ago
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$18.87
19 hrs ago
Children of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$15.49
8 hrs ago
The Samurai Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
The Day the Earth Caught Fire (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
David Gilmour: Live at Pompeii (Blu-ray)
$14.50
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$209.99
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
King Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.26
 
Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.06
 
Killing Eve: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Bullseye Bullseye is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
Ireland
24
59
749
44
Question [Rec] - Spanish horror

While in Spain I noticed this was available on BD but did not pick it up. Anyone see it and is it worth picking up?

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?n...icle&sid=14574
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
obiwopkenobi62 obiwopkenobi62 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
obiwopkenobi62's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al
531
1143
62
2
6
Default

The american remake will be here first, "Quarantine". Even though it looks like it might be pretty good, I always wait to see the original first. I'll wait for "REC" to get here first.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
Bullseye Bullseye is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
Ireland
24
59
749
44
Default

I believe the Spanish version is 1080i/VC-1 which is strange.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:40 AM   #4
Zyclone Zyclone is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zyclone's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
3
304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
While in Spain I noticed this was available on BD but did not pick it up. Anyone see it and is it worth picking up?

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?n...icle&sid=14574
if you like horror movies buy it!

i have'nt seen the blu ray of it iv'e seen a download of it from the net but i loved it and im going up to melbourne this weekend to see it at the movies (its the final movie being show at the international film fest)

its not very gorey its just good scary flick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
obiwopkenobi62 obiwopkenobi62 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
obiwopkenobi62's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al
531
1143
62
2
6
Default

Where can I order the Bluray from? Also I was thinking of ordering the DVD from Amazon/UK but it says region 2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that wouldn't play in my U.S. PS3 would it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:54 AM   #6
atomik kinder atomik kinder is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwopkenobi62 View Post
Where can I order the Bluray from? Also I was thinking of ordering the DVD from Amazon/UK but it says region 2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that wouldn't play in my U.S. PS3 would it?
No, it won't. Even if it was region free, it is still in the PAL format and will not play. I have a all region player that does both PAL and NTSC and I tried one of the PAL discs in the PS3 and a screen popped up that said it didn't support the PAL format.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
obiwopkenobi62 obiwopkenobi62 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
obiwopkenobi62's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al
531
1143
62
2
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomik kinder View Post
No, it won't. Even if it was region free, it is still in the PAL format and will not play. I have a all region player that does both PAL and NTSC and I tried one of the PAL discs in the PS3 and a screen popped up that said it didn't support the PAL format.
That's what I thought. Thanks for verifying that for me. I can't look at that www.zonadvd.com while I'm at work. I guess that's where you can get it on Bluray? Do you think that will play on the PS3? Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:04 AM   #8
atomik kinder atomik kinder is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwopkenobi62 View Post
That's what I thought. Thanks for verifying that for me. I can't look at that www.zonadvd.com while I'm at work. I guess that's where you can get it on Bluray? Do you think that will play on the PS3? Thanks
Apparently it is region free, but will not play in a PS3.
Accoding to bluray.liesinc the player must support 50Hz frame rate.

I have seen this movie and highly recommend it if you can find a way to see it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:07 AM   #9
obiwopkenobi62 obiwopkenobi62 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
obiwopkenobi62's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al
531
1143
62
2
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomik kinder View Post
Apparently it is region free, but will not play in a PS3.
Accoding to bluray.liesinc the player must support 50Hz frame rate.

I have seen this movie and highly recommend it if you can find a way to see it.

Damn this is really starting to aggravate me. I don't want to see the remake(Quarantine) until I see [REC] first. Guess I'm stuck waiting for a version that will play on my PS3. This is why they should release stuff at the same time everywhere.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #10
Zyclone Zyclone is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zyclone's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
3
304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwopkenobi62 View Post
Damn this is really starting to aggravate me. I don't want to see the remake(Quarantine) until I see [REC] first. Guess I'm stuck waiting for a version that will play on my PS3. This is why they should release stuff at the same time everywhere.
not going to happen old chap
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 AM   #11
Excalibur-king Excalibur-king is offline
Senior Member
 
Excalibur-king's Avatar
 
May 2006
Amerika.
49
Default

This is like Cloverfield but with zombies and in spanish.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:06 AM   #12
obiwopkenobi62 obiwopkenobi62 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
obiwopkenobi62's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Deatsville, Al
531
1143
62
2
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyclone View Post
not going to happen old chap
Yeah I know but I can dream can't I?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:45 AM   #13
Zyclone Zyclone is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zyclone's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
3
304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwopkenobi62 View Post
Yeah I know but I can dream can't I?
dream on
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:54 AM   #14
Blu Titan Blu Titan is offline
Super Moderator
 
Blu Titan's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai
42
35
2776
2
92
Default

I love watching Spanish Horror films as they tend to focus on the story and not on gore. Hopefully, we will se a BD release date soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:39 AM   #15
quexos quexos is offline
Banned
 
quexos's Avatar
 
May 2007
Brussels, Belgium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
While in Spain I noticed this was available on BD but did not pick it up. Anyone see it and is it worth picking up?

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?n...icle&sid=14574
Yep I saw Rec as it was out on the big screens here in Belgium a few months ago. It's the type of movie that scare on the actor's performance and without special effects. The movie is intriguing so I was never bored watching it.
If you liked stuff like the Blair Witch Project where it's the actors that make it all and no special effects then you should like Rec.

To make things clear this has nothing to do with the Blair Witch Project. I was only comparing the "no special effects, all about the actors performance" of the two movies
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #16
Bullseye Bullseye is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
Ireland
24
59
749
44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomik kinder View Post
No, it won't. Even if it was region free, it is still in the PAL format and will not play. I have a all region player that does both PAL and NTSC and I tried one of the PAL discs in the PS3 and a screen popped up that said it didn't support the PAL format.
Is this the case with a Region B PS3? Surely not
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #17
Bullseye Bullseye is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
Ireland
24
59
749
44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexos View Post
Yep I saw Rec as it was out on the big screens here in Belgium a few months ago. It's the type of movie that scare on the actor's performance and without special effects. The movie is intriguing so I was never bored watching it.
If you liked stuff like the Blair Witch Project where it's the actors that make it all and no special effects then you should like Rec.

To make things clear this has nothing to do with the Blair Witch Project. I was only comparing the "no special effects, all about the actors performance" of the two movies
Thanks for your insight. Don't know why i did not pick it up when i had the chance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #18
Blaumann Blaumann is offline
Special Member
 
Blaumann's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
verge of breakdown
Default

The film is absolutely recommended. I imported the spanish BD and it is my favorite BD of all the one's i have.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:56 AM   #19
crey014 crey014 is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2007
1
16
Default

I own a region A player and I would so import this if there wasn't so much uncertainty over the product.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #20
richieb1971 richieb1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2007
35
655
16
Default

All region B players will play REC fine because the firmwares of each player have 50hz support. If you have a region A player the firmware disregards the 50hz support and keeps it turned off. There is no reason region A players can't have 50hz support but Sony and other manufacturers have just decided that you can't have it to support region locking.

Its the same with PlayTV, I'm keeping my region B PS3 for it because playTV will support 50hz only, something I cannot do on my USA PS3.

Its also unlikely your TV's in the USA will play 50hz material anyway since its not a US standard. All European HDTV's are global standard, I don't know why but its good for us.


As for REC itself, its a good movie in places but drags along in other places. Its nothing that hasn't been done before, its just more realistic. Blu ray is a bit OTT for this type of movie imo and I would not buy it on blu ray personally.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
[Rec]2 Movies crey014 14 02-11-2010 12:49 AM
La Cabina - 70's Spanish Horror Shortfilm Movies BRu-LAy 0 12-18-2009 09:31 PM
Future PS3 Survival Horror/Horror Adventure Titles PS3 Easywolf32 18 11-02-2009 12:47 PM
Spanish titles on BD not Spanish typing Feedback Forum BLURAYSONYES 0 05-18-2009 03:51 PM
help on [REC] Blu-ray Movies - North America soccom2005 7 02-20-2009 06:35 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:46 PM.