Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Secret World of Arrietty (Blu-ray)
$16.19

InuYasha: Set 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.99

My Hero Academia: Season One (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Fairy Tail: Final Season - Part 25 (Blu-ray)
$32.99

High School DxD BorN: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$29.59

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$17.99

High School DxD New: The Series (Blu-ray)
$29.59

Overlord III: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$38.99

High School DxD Hero: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$38.99

Outlaw Star: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$25.59

Mob Psycho 100: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$30.69

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM   #23621
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

Well decided to try for the Ghibli steelbooks and kind of regretting it already, Kiki is from Amazon and shipped in a unpadded sleeve and has 2 dents, Cat and Whisper are from Target, the plastic was torn but they appear to be undamaged. Spirited away is from Deepdiscount and was fine.
Needless was one of those annoying Sentai titles I kept meaning to get at a sale but forgot and it suddenly went OOP, part 2 is still available and still cheap so I got part 1 when it popped up on Ebay instead of buying the complete collection (I'm sure like MariaHolic Sentai will rerelease it in a month now), Strike the Blood as I said in the OOP thread has been popping up on Discotek's Ebay store 1 at a time all week (along with other OOP titles) full MSRP and $8.50 shipping is brutal but what are you gonna do FOMA. Queen's blade also Ebay.

Thanks given by:
AreaFive (Yesterday), BigOnAnime (Today), bigzgod (Yesterday), Bobo1313 (Yesterday), Bolo Seagull (Yesterday), BoscoTheMan82 (Yesterday), BWBODDY (Yesterday), CommanderShiro (Today), Gorgon (Yesterday), neoz (Today), NLScavenger (Today), One-Eye (Today), professorwho (Yesterday), psychopuppet (Yesterday), shadowdrive (Yesterday), vivablu (Today), wicker (Today), WiggyWig (Today), wingzero (Today)
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #23622
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

Latest pickups. Got into the alltheanime Gundam sets late but man the artboxes are too beautiful to pass up. Take note rightstuf

Shoutout to wingzero for pointing me in the direction to get a copy of Turn A Gundam.

Thanks given by:
AreaFive (Yesterday), BigOnAnime (Today), bigzgod (Today), Bobo1313 (Yesterday), Bolo Seagull (Yesterday), BoscoTheMan82 (Yesterday), BWBODDY (Yesterday), CommanderShiro (Today), gloomranger (Yesterday), Gorgon (Today), kevers7290 (Today), mikezilla2 (Today), neoz (Today), NLScavenger (Today), One-Eye (Today), professorwho (Yesterday), psychopuppet (Yesterday), vivablu (Today), wicker (Today), WiggyWig (Today), wingzero (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #23623
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009

Welp, I was bad and placed some more last minute orders from Target during their B2G1 sale, so I ended up buying more anime this month than I have for a very long time.

I decided to finally get Nura, as it's been around a while and never seems to drop in price. Wanted to get it before it suddenly goes OOP without warning.

Bought these two (a rare Failmation purchase) becuase I'm tired of waiting for a Blu-ray release. C'mon Funi it's been like 10 years since you solicited Blue Gender!

And I grabbed some Switch games for cheap for those that are into gaming.

[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
AreaFive (Today), BigOnAnime (Today), bigzgod (Today), Bolo Seagull (Today), BoscoTheMan82 (Today), BWBODDY (Yesterday), CommanderShiro (Today), Girls With Guns (Today), Gorgon (Today), InuYashaCrusade (Today), kk1 (Today), Mike0284 (Today), mikezilla2 (Today), neoz (Today), NLScavenger (Today), One-Eye (Today), professorwho (Today), psychopuppet (Today), shadowdrive (Today), Tylerfan (Today), vivablu (Today), wicker (Today), WiggyWig (Today), wingzero (Today)
Old Today, 01:10 AM   #23624
Blu-ray Guru

May 2020
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers7290 View Post
[Show spoiler]
Love these two!
Thanks given by:
BWBODDY (Today), kevers7290 (Today)
Old Today, 02:49 AM   #23625
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
Bandai Entertainment, you will be missed (will be 10 years next year...). Such beautiful LEs they had around that time period which was short. Code Geass (annoyingly R2 got only manga bundles), Ghost Slayers Ayashi, Gurren Lagann, Haruhi, Lucky Star (RIP LE V6)... And before that you had like Wolf's Rain with the CD and plush, and then there was .hack//SIGN's LEs, both singles and one of the complete sets. Oh, almost forgot, there was also Eureka Seven with its manga, 3 CD soundtracks and 8 t-shirts for the 8/12 singles that got LEs along with all the artboxes.
Witch Hunter Robin I got a T-Shirt, Shotglass and Soundtrack.

The only Limited Edition I thought Bandai did was weird was the IGPX one. You get a T-Shirt and some Decals of the different IGPX teams inside a Puff Box. But the box does not hold the whole series unless you trim each Volume to where they can fit inside a Thinpack case and then stuff them all into the box. And honestly I prefer the Toonami version of the show over the Uncut and not just because of the nostalgia of watching it on TV back in the day but how it is handled.
Old Today, 02:52 AM   #23626
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk1 View Post
Needless was one of those annoying Sentai titles I kept meaning to get at a sale but forgot and it suddenly went OOP, part 2 is still available and still cheap so I got part 1 when it popped up on Ebay instead of buying the complete collection (I'm sure like MariaHolic Sentai will rerelease it in a month now)
Needless could really use one, DLW video quality with hilariously huge subtitles as the parts were from 2011 and the complete set is from 2012.

Quote:
Welp, I was bad and placed some more last minute orders from Target during their B2G1 sale, so I ended up buying more anime this month than I have for a very long time.

I decided to finally get Nura, as it's been around a while and never seems to drop in price. Wanted to get it before it suddenly goes OOP without warning.

Bought these two (a rare Failmation purchase) becuase I'm tired of waiting for a Blu-ray release. C'mon Funi it's been like 10 years since you solicited Blue Gender!
Shame VIZ never re-released and fixed Nura. The Blu-rays look atrocious, should have had Justin author those back then instead. Totally a 4.5/5 Blu-ray release...
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Nura-...2/#Screenshots
Worst shot: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/scree...632&position=2

To make matters worse, Demon Capital uses the TV broadcast version.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ses-tv-version

As for Blue Gender, that has no Blu-ray in Japan, any from FUNimation would be an upscale for a show from 1999. You're probably talking about Last Exile which does have a Blu-ray in Japan and was actually briefly solicited but nothing ever happened.
https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...l-11#post70603

BTW, if you care about video extras, FUNimation is missing nearly all of them from the Geneon DVDs.
Quote:
Original Japanese Opening, Promotion Trailer, Staff Interview with Mahiro Maeda, Art Gallery, Original Japanese Ending, Commercial Collections, LAST EXILE Exhibition in Tokyo, Ten-Star Announcement
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...0#post12715610
Thanks given by:
kk1 (Today), mikezilla2 (Today), One-Eye (Today)
Old Today, 04:05 AM   #23627
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Needless could really use one, DLW video quality with hilariously huge subtitles as the parts were from 2011 and the complete set is from 2012.

Shame VIZ never re-released and fixed Nura. The Blu-rays look atrocious, should have had Justin author those back then instead. Totally a 4.5/5 Blu-ray release...
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Nura-...2/#Screenshots
Worst shot: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/scree...632&position=2

To make matters worse, Demon Capital uses the TV broadcast version.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ses-tv-version

As for Blue Gender, that has no Blu-ray in Japan, any from FUNimation would be an upscale for a show from 1999. You're probably talking about Last Exile which does have a Blu-ray in Japan and was actually briefly solicited but nothing ever happened.
https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...l-11#post70603

BTW, if you care about video extras, FUNimation is missing nearly all of them from the Geneon DVDs.https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...0#post12715610
No I remember there was a mention of Blue Gender coming to Blu-ray in like 1 of Funimationís very 1st Blu-rays in those inserts Funimation used to do. But there was never a Trailer for it so it was likely cancelled just as fast as the idea of it popped into their head.
Old Today, 04:06 AM   #23628
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Well decided to try for the Ghibli steelbooks and kind of regretting it already, Kiki is from Amazon and shipped in a unpadded sleeve and has 2 dents, Cat and Whisper are from Target, the plastic was torn but they appear to be undamaged. Spirited away is from Deepdiscount and was fine.
Needless was one of those annoying Sentai titles I kept meaning to get at a sale but forgot and it suddenly went OOP, part 2 is still available and still cheap so I got part 1 when it popped up on Ebay instead of buying the complete collection (I'm sure like MariaHolic Sentai will rerelease it in a month now), Strike the Blood as I said in the OOP thread has been popping up on Discotek's Ebay store 1 at a time all week (along with other OOP titles) full MSRP and $8.50 shipping is brutal but what are you gonna do FOMA. Queen's blade also Ebay.

Iím actually selling Collections 1&2 of Needless as a Set.
Thanks given by:
wingzero (Today)
Old Today, 05:53 AM   #23629
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Washington State

Got my copy of the Shin Evangelion Gekijōban (aka Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0) theatrical pamphlet today to complete the set:

Last edited by svenge; Today at 06:30 AM.
Thanks given by:
AreaFive (Today), BigOnAnime (Today), Bobo1313 (Today), Bolo Seagull (Today), BoscoTheMan82 (Today), gloomranger (Today), Gorgon (Today), kevers7290 (Today), kk1 (Today), neoz (Today), NLScavenger (Today), professorwho (Today), psychopuppet (Today), shadowdrive (Today), vivablu (Today), wicker (Today), WiggyWig (Today), wingzero (Today)
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #23630
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009

Quote:
Nope, I'm definitely talking about Blue Gender. It was announced for Blu-ray in the inserts of some of their very early releases but never materialized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
No I remember there was a mention of Blue Gender coming to Blu-ray in like 1 of Funimationís very 1st Blu-rays in those inserts Funimation used to do. But there was never a Trailer for it so it was likely cancelled just as fast as the idea of it popped into their head.
^This. I'll see if I can dig something up out my collection to prove I'm not crazy.

EDIT:
Here's a thread from this very site from 2009 discussing it. Look at little MOONPHASE!

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=82603

Last edited by kevers7290; Today at 10:46 AM.
Old Today, 11:56 AM   #23631
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Well then... Though, their track record for Blu-ray upscales prior to Ouran High School Host Club was typically bad. Like look at say D.Gray-man... Had a Blu-ray release materialized in 2009, likely would have been terrible, and would have possibly looked worse than the Anime Classics DVD from 2011 which finally dropped the alternate angles and significantly improved the video quality over the 8 singles DVDs.
Thanks given by:
neoz (Today)
Old Today, 01:52 PM   #23632
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Iím actually selling Collections 1&2 of Needless as a Set.
Really wish I'd seen that first
Old Today, 02:03 PM   #23633
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Really wish I'd seen that first
Itís okay. No worries.
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #23634
Power Member

Jan 2020
Indianapolis, IN.

Quote:
Nope, I'm definitely talking about Blue Gender. It was announced for Blu-ray in the inserts of some of their very early releases but never materialized.
https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/for...der-on-blu-ray

This question was asked at FUNiCon 5.0 back in December of 2010.

Quote:
Question: In the Anime Source pamphlet that has come out with releases in the past, there has been a number of show that were listed as coming soon to Blu-ray such as Mushi-Shi, Blue Gender, xxxHOLiC, Black Cat, and Desert Punk. Nothing has been said about them since then. Are they still planning to release the show on Blu-ray?

Answer: Unfortunately they are not. The printing of this (of that) pamphlet was done so well in advance. We were still working on Blu-ray items and last details for those. And with that we though the stuff looks good. Licensors want to work with us. Everything is working great. And then we were discovering multiple different things for multiple different shows like materials not available or materials weren't something we can up res. Or for different reasons they are just as much as we wanted to make a Blu-ray, we are just not able to to. Those titles will not have Blu-rays currently. Maybe something magical will happen down the road. But for right now, they are on hiatus...
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #23635
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Acquired another copy of the Dutch dub of Castle of Cagliostro, this time on VHS. Already own a copy on Video 2000 (a.k.a. V2000 or VCC).

VHS on the left, Video 2000 on the right

Interestingly, there's a Betamax logo on the spine that's covered up with a 'VHS PAL' sticker. Maybe a misprint (there are copies with a VHS logo properly printed on them), or maybe it actually got released on Beta. If there's a Beta release, then my quest isn't over yet lol.
Thanks given by:
BigOnAnime (Today), Misioon_Odisea (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime