Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
17 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
21 hrs ago
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
14 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for PS5
400-499 120 70.18%
500-599 38 22.22%
600-699 5 2.92%
700+ 8 4.68%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #3941
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Sony cancelling a showing of a game about a viral outbreak due to a real life outbreak. Am I the only one who sees the irony?
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #3942
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
I get you, I do. I own a Pro, and an Xbox One X, so have the best of both worlds.

Even if MS have the more powerful console, the difference on screen for gamers on 3rd party games will be negligible at best.

Stats are a pissing contest that is all. Real world it won't equate to a grander experience
That's fair, especially with this generation. The difference between the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro is noticeable on screen (even though the PS4 Pro versions of most games are still fine), but there's really no reason why there would be that wide of a gap this generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
PS5 is going to outsell the XSX regardless because it just has more global recognition and appeal. Plus with ecosystems being as important as they are now, All those millions of PS4 owners with huge digital libraries aren't just going to jump ship over to the competition willy nilly. If they do the impossible and include disk-based backwards compatibility for all previous generations of PlayStation, as rumored to be happening, I just don't see how MS overcomes that. Sony would have to REEEEEALLLY screw the PS5 up to invoke such a mass exodus and that's just not going to happen.
Not an Xbox fanboy or anything, but they already have significant backwards compatibility this console generation. That included disc based for at least PS3. I don't know about earlier as I have only played PS3 games on my X. That and also Game Pass being significantly better than PS Now, and that gives Microsoft potentially two things.

Still, at the end of the day, obviously the games are going to play a huge part in the success of both systems. I'd be a fool to deny that Sony still has a big advantage there. A couple of their recent hyped 1st party titles weren't the huge successes in either sales (Death Stranding) or with critics (Days Gone) like they might have hoped, but obviously there's too many good ones potentially going forward for any hardcore gamer to pass up a PlayStation system.
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #3943
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I really wasn't speaking specifically about this board. It's all over. The media, the YouTubers, etc. They're all constantly publishing articles and videos saying "what's going on with Sony?" "Why is Sony so silent?" "Where's the PS5 news?" And it's all done with this tone and connotation that Sony is somehow worried, scared, screwing up, etc. Yet in reality, MS has been every bit as silent on XSX, other than the unveiling of what the console looks like. The two Wired articles where they interviewed both Mark Cerny and Jim Ryan, uncovered about as much info on the PS5 as we got with the PS4 event back in 2013 (except we got to see the controller). We didn't see what the PS4 actually looked like, price, release date, etc until that E3 2013. So why now all of a sudden does everyone expect Sony to spill the beans in February? They are essentially following the exact same playbook they did in 2013. I just have a feeling that Sony will do their event, around E3 after The Last of Us Part 2 has launched.
I think that is because Sony has been ahead of MS with news. MS has been responding to Sony with interviews & video information after Sony spills some details. People want to “see” Sony reveal info instead of second hand journalism. MS hasn’t been shy in this area.

Wether you are confident in Sony or MS, both companies are playing a game of chicken with each other. That said people know MS will plan something for E3 for NSX but nobody knows what Sony will plan for PS5 & I think that has shaken up the media because they have to know everything.

I watched that latest DF Direct on PS5’s pricing costs & I can’t say I fully agree with their take. Cell phones have gotten ridiculous lately. That Bloomberg report is probably accurate,

Quote:
The company’s biggest headache is ensuring a reliable supply of DRAM and NAND flash memory, with both in high demand as smartphone makers gear up for fifth-generation devices, according to people familiar with Sony’s operations.
Even if Sony secured manufacturing part plans with Samsung & the like, Samsung is in this competition space & it is getting a bit out of control with phones “needing” 12GB of RAM with up to & beyond “500GB” of Storage. At the pace they are innovating these smartphones, they’ll catch up to next gen consoles sooner than you think with 16-24 RAM & 1TB offerings.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5