Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Control (PS5)
$33.88

Monster Energy Supercross 4 (PS5)
$39.99
1 hr ago
Ratchet & Clank (PS5)
$69.88

WRC 9 (PS5)
$42.99

Hitman 3 (PS5)
$49.94

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (PS5)
$29.99

The Nioh Collection (PS5)
$69.00

The Pathless (PS5)
$41.88

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PS5)
$29.99

Far Cry 6 (PS5)
$109.88

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5)
$33.06

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$99.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 02-23-2021, 04:08 PM   #81
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Because they don’t want VR fans thinking that PSVR is the end of the line. Think about it, if someone is on the fence about the PS5 but loves VR, they now have confidence that the next gen console will support next gen VR. It also stops VR fans from switching to Quest 2 (or future versions). It’s telling the VR community that they can bank on Sony giving us a true next gen headset.

It’s absolutely the right thing to do imo.
Exactly. VR isn't dying is what Sony is saying, it's just getting started and will improve.
Of course amazing VR games are what sell a console or headset, and plenty of choices over a long period of time too.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 04:22 PM   #82
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Exactly. VR isn't dying is what Sony is saying, it's just getting started and will improve.
Of course amazing VR games are what sell a console or headset, and plenty of choices over a long period of time too.
I think we will get some great exclusives alongside the graphical improvements.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:46 PM   #83
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

Was close to buying the Move Controllers, but guess now I’ll just wait for the next gen VR.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:01 PM   #84
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas King View Post
Was close to buying the Move Controllers, but guess now I’ll just wait for the next gen VR.
There are still great experiences you are missing out on by not having them.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:04 PM   #85
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
There are still great experiences you are missing out on by not having them.
I know, but they are quite pricey even years later. Since the next gen VR was just announced I might as well invest on that instead. I'm sure there are new Move controllers coming. What I'll do this time is get a bundle that will for sure include them.

I also don't invest much time into VR to make Move controllers such a priority.

Last edited by Leonidas King; 02-23-2021 at 10:07 PM.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 10:11 PM   #86
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas King View Post
I know, but they are quite pricey even years later. Since the next gen VR was just announced I might as well invest on that instead. I'm sure there are new Move controllers coming. What I'll do this time is get a bundle that will for sure include them.

I also don't invest much time into VR to make Move controllers such a priority.
It’s worth it for Saints And Sinners alone mate.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:52 AM   #87
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

The new motion controllers for PSVR2 will be so much more accurate without the clumsy tracking issues the PSVR can have if the camera isn't set up right, or in games like Hitman 3 VR with the set up they currently have (which will hopefully be improved by bringing the option for fully regular controller controls with no light bar needed for VR).

I can tell the PSVR channels like PSVR Without Parole on Youtube and Polish Paul VR breathed a sign of relief when the PSVR2 was announced today.

If PSVR had three times as many games in 3rd person similar to Moss for example or Astrobot, I'd be happier about it as those are the coolest VR experiences I've seen in VR in my view.

The first person views are neat, but there were quite a few glitches that usually take me out of the experience, like looking down at your shoes and torso and seeing it's misaligned so you have to press the camera reset button (start on the controller) to reset it.
The motion sickness is also a big concern I still have to this day with first person games and any games where you're moving fast and then suddenly stop. Others say they don't experience any of that, so that's hopeful for them.

I'm currently playing PSVR Hitman 3 with the levels from HItman 1 and then 2 from those games (ridiculous amount of downloading to get the PSVR and those games imported into Hitman 3, over 40 GB or more). The controls again for aiming need a TON of fixing as they're wonky as hell when trying to aim and it ruins the experience for me. Fix the controls to normal controls IO, as with the regular game in 2D. They're trying to be fancy with the light bar but give us the option at least.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-24-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 10:51 AM   #88
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

I'm going to make some predictions / assumptions about PSVR2;

It will come with two of the new controllers in the box. That will push the price up, and sadly I think this is going to come in at least 299 (I've already started a small saving pot!).

Resolution will be greatly improved and with PS5 powering it, I'd hope to see a PS4 level of graphics in the games. Audio should be amazing with the Tempest chip. The PSVR has around 50 audio points, Tempest offer hundreds.

I expect it to be lighter and I hope the cord will be of the super flexible type.

Built in headphones? It will save money if it doesn't, but I think I would like it to have them built in, though some might prefer the option to use their own. I'm going to say it won't include them.

Tracking, will this need a camera? I'm assuming not and that it will be built in, that will make using it a lot easier; I find getting the distance to the camera quite tricky sometimes, so being able stand where you like to use it will be welcome.

I hope Dreams will be updated to allow VR experiences that make full use of the PS5's power. This is something I really wanted to try out on PS4/PSVR but so far I haven't gotten round to it.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:23 AM   #89
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Yeah but was anyone actually concerned that there WOULDN'T be a PSVR 2.0? That thought never entered my mind. I thought it was pretty much a foregone conclusion and I'm pretty sure there have been articles published in the past, stating that Sony was working on their next VR headset. Not to mention all the patents that have been revealed that Sony has filed in regards to VR over the last couple of years. I guess I just underestimated how much reassurance the gaming community needed over this.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #90
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

There are a ton of people like me who held off on PSVR 1.0 knowing PS5 was coming and PSVR 2.0 would be part of that. Sony already has my cash for it, ill be pre ordering this day 1.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #91
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklewi57 View Post
I use my ps4 on a Epson Projector. My question is if I'm using the projector for an audience to view would it affect the ps camera from tracking the lights on the headset? Is a projector with a VR headset in general a bad idea?
As long as the projector isn't shining directly into the camera, you should be fine. Typically the PS4 camera would be sitting on or below the tv, but the reality is you don't need a tv at all if your VR experience is just for you. When I use mine, I switch the tv off as all my VR games are single player and there's no point in having the tv on while I'm wearing the head set.

Which also means the camera can be anywhere in the room. As long as you're facing it and it can see the headset and controller you can put it anywhere you like, 90 degrees to your screen for instance.

It's looking like PSVR2 will be self tracking and won't need a camera at all though. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #92
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

In response to two controllers; as in one for each hand makes sense, and I agree that is how it will be I bet. They'll have analog sticks on them I bet/hope so you can control movement that way. Two sets of controllers wouldn't be the case, since only one person can wear the head set at a time understandably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Yeah but was anyone actually concerned that there WOULDN'T be a PSVR 2.0? That thought never entered my mind. I thought it was pretty much a foregone conclusion and I'm pretty sure there have been articles published in the past, stating that Sony was working on their next VR headset. Not to mention all the patents that have been revealed that Sony has filed in regards to VR over the last couple of years. I guess I just underestimated how much reassurance the gaming community needed over this.
There was a big slow down of PSVR games in 2020. Sony has dropped support of blu ray 3D, 3D TVs, UMD discs, PSP, Vita, and other add on devices like the Move Games. So it was a concern considering that.

It's nice to hear they feel it's important enough to announce and continue working on, so no harm in that. For those who like VR, it's like when someone announces there are plans for a new console or sequel to a favorite video game. That's usually a positive thing to hear the series will continue.

As far as what I thought, I did have some concern they might give up on it. Probably about 60/40 chance there would be a PSVR2 since it sold 5 million headsets.

---------

I bet there will be a lot of games in the first year or so, but the challenge is finding games that take things to another level. The controllers and camera tracking can make that possible this time without some of the limitations of the current PSVR like sloppy tracking at times where your object being lifted up keeps resetting or falling.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:38 AM   #93
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

I'm not sure this news is as new as this article suggests, but still;

Possible PSVR2 controller design,

https://www.psu.com/news/psvr-2-cont...t-application/
Old 03-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #94
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Hopefully these new PSVR2 controllers are set up to play regular games too. But in that case, the regular DS5 (Dual Sense PS5) Controller should work with compatible games as the DS4 (Dual Shock PS4) controller works for the PSVR compatible games.

Then again, if the PSVR2 uses a whole new set up and no light bar, I wonder if the DS5 controller would work as far as being tracked by a camera or whatever set up it is.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:49 PM   #95
Special Member

Jul 2017
The Redwoods

Next-gen VR on PS5: the new controller:

Quote:
Following the recent reveal of our next-generation virtual reality system for PS5, I’m excited to unveil more details about the new controller that will play a critical role in providing gamers with the VR experience we’re working to deliver. Our new VR controller speaks to our mission of achieving a much deeper sense of presence and stronger feeling of immersion in VR experiences. It will build upon the innovation we introduced with the DualSense wireless controller, which changed how games “feel” on PS5 by unlocking a new way to tap into the sense of touch. Now we’re bringing that innovation to VR gaming.

VR Controller
Design
The first thing you’ll notice with our next-gen VR controller is the unique design, which takes on an “orb” shape that allows you to hold the controller naturally, while playing with a high degree of freedom. There are no constraints with how you’re moving your hands, providing developers with the ability to create unique gameplay experiences.

We also designed the new controller with great ergonomics in mind, so it’s well-balanced and comfortable to hold in each of your hands. We applied learnings from testing users with a range of hand sizes, as well as the decades of insights from controllers across all PlayStation platforms. The result is an iconic design that will change how VR games are played.

VR ControllerVR Controller
Features
The new VR controller enables players to feel and interact with games in a much more visceral way. There are several features, including key features from the DualSense controller, which match our vision for what next-generation VR games can be.

● Adaptive triggers: Each VR controller (Left and Right) includes an adaptive trigger button that adds palpable tension when pressed, similar to what’s found in the DualSense controller. If you’ve played a PS5 game, you’ll be familiar with the tension in the L2 or R2 buttons when you press them, such as when you’re drawing your bow to fire an arrow. When you take that kind of mechanic and apply it to VR, the experience is amplified to the next level.

● Haptic feedback: The new controller will have haptic feedback optimized for its form factor, making every sensation in the game world more impactful, textured and nuanced. When you’re traversing through rocky desert or trading blows in melee combat, you’ll feel the difference, magnifying the extraordinary visual and audio experience that’s so central to VR.

● Finger touch detection: The controller can detect your fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers. This enables you to make more natural gestures with your hands during gameplay.

● Tracking: The VR controller is tracked by the new VR headset through a tracking ring across the bottom of the controller.

● Action buttons / analog sticks: The Left controller contains one analog stick, the triangle and square buttons, a “grip” button (L1), trigger button (L2) and Create button. The Right controller contains one analog stick, the cross and circle buttons, a “grip” button (R1), trigger button (R2) and Options button. The “grip” button can be used to pick up in-game objects, as one example.

SIE’s Product, Engineering, and Design teams have collaborated to build our new VR controller from the ground up with a goal of making a huge leap from current-gen VR gaming. We’re thrilled with the controller we developed, but what matters now is how game creators will take advantage of the features to design the next generation of VR experiences. Prototypes of our new VR controller will be in the hands of the development community soon, and we can’t wait to see what ideas they come up with and how the controller helps bring their imagination to life!

There’s still much more to share about the next-generation of VR on PS5. On behalf of all of us at SIE, I want to thank you for taking this journey with us!
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03...ew-controller/
Thanks given by:
Flack999 (03-19-2021), JayTL (03-18-2021), Steedeel (03-18-2021), Zivouhr (03-18-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 01:05 PM   #96

Sep 2016

Not sure anyone was expecting that much info drop. The controller looks nuts in a cool way. Looking forward to indulging in some next gen VR at some point.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:20 PM   #97
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

I'm guessing the new PSVR2 will include 1 set of controls, but sold separately, could retail for $69.99 or as much as $99.99 for another set replacement. In that sense, it's good only one player can use PSVR2 at a time, as with PSVR1.
Old 03-18-2021, 02:22 PM   #98
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Check out the first post of the thread it sounds like this controller is exactly what they were striving for which is excellent.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (03-18-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #99
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I'm extremely impressed with their pursuit of trying to make this as interactive as possible compared to the prior implementation but i seriously hope they bring as big an upgrade to the visuals of the headset hardware. It would definitely help with graphics and getting rid of the dreaded screen door effect.
Thanks given by:
NoFro (03-18-2021), Steedeel (03-18-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 05:52 PM   #100
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

My only concern is that haptic feedback is not great for arthritis. However, that’s my potential problem, not Sony’s. Hopefully, I can get by like I just about do now. It sucks to be 45 sometimes!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5