Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$44.88
1 day ago
Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4)
$24.99

Nier Replicant Ver.1.22474487139 (PS4)
$39.99

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (PS4)
$19.99

Empire of Sin (PS4)
$19.99

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (PS4)
$29.99

R-Type Final 2 Inaugural Flight Edition (PS4)
$39.99

Black Desert (PS4)
$19.99

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster (PS4)
$34.99

Persona 5 Strikers (PS4)
$34.99

Snowrunner (PS4)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 07-25-2021, 10:28 AM   #1221
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Iíll tell ya this much:
I love riding around on the bike in this game more than any other video game vehicle

A fully upgraded bike here is awesome
Old 07-25-2021, 10:29 AM   #1222
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
What's your favorite mission in Days Gone?
Instead of any single missions, letís just say there are multiple fav moments of mine throughout the game. One of them, off the top of my head, is taking down this marauder camp located at the southwest most area in Crater Lake. There is this eternal horde living inside that tunnel nearby. I always stay at the top of the nearby hill, blow up something with my rifle and then just watch the horde doing their thing. Speaking of camps, there are also a few of them where you can lead a horde over and watch what befall them from a safe distance.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (07-25-2021)
Old 07-25-2021, 06:50 PM   #1223
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

I might have to give this a second chance at some point. I tried playing it earlier in the year and only got a few hours in. It wasn't that it was bad, but it felt like I was playing another The Last of Us, right down to the item icons and using those items.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:02 PM   #1224
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
Instead of any single missions, let’s just say there are multiple fav moments of mine throughout the game. One of them, off the top of my head, is taking down this marauder camp located at the southwest most area in Crater Lake. There is this eternal horde living inside that tunnel nearby. I always stay at the top of the nearby hill, blow up something with my rifle and then just watch the horde doing their thing. Speaking of camps, there are also a few of them where you can lead a horde over and watch what befall them from a safe distance.
Those are cool invasion moments, agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
I might have to give this a second chance at some point. I tried playing it earlier in the year and only got a few hours in. It wasn't that it was bad, but it felt like I was playing another The Last of Us, right down to the item icons and using those items.
If you're able to unlock the lake valley area hidden on the map beneath the forest area, the map expands greatly and makes the game feel more epic and exciting IMO. And then there's yet another giant map to expand under that later on.
Thanks given by:
KilloWertz (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 12:47 AM   #1225
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

Quote:
In all fairness, both are good games, and of course I think the story presentation in The Last of Us is hands down one of the best in gaming history, ever! That being said, the two canít really be compared asides from the post apocalyptic zombie infested world. One is a mission based open world game, where you can literally take your sweet time to do one simple; and the other one follows a very linear path to complete the goal. Anyway, just keep an open mind and give this game another shot. Like Zivouhr said, once you discover those hidden areas or when done with those initial tutorial missions, you are literally free to explore.
Thanks given by:
KilloWertz (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 03:35 AM   #1226
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
If you're able to unlock the lake valley area hidden on the map beneath the forest area, the map expands greatly and makes the game feel more epic and exciting IMO. And then there's yet another giant map to expand under that later on.
Thanks. I'll try to remember that. At the very least remember to check this thread for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
In all fairness, both are good games, and of course I think the story presentation in The Last of Us is hands down one of the best in gaming history, ever! That being said, the two canít really be compared asides from the post apocalyptic zombie infested world. One is a mission based open world game, where you can literally take your sweet time to do one simple; and the other one follows a very linear path to complete the goal. Anyway, just keep an open mind and give this game another shot. Like Zivouhr said, once you discover those hidden areas or when done with those initial tutorial missions, you are literally free to explore.
Early on it is very very reminiscent of The Last of Us, but I guess judging by your post it was unfair to judge the game after only a few hours. I'll likely give it another chance at some point. It just might not be until sometime next year since I likely have the rest of the year pretty well filled up between a few games left over from either last year or early this year and then new releases start to pick up starting in August.
Thanks given by:
Azyiu (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 03:56 PM   #1227
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Thanks. I'll try to remember that. At the very least remember to check this thread for something.

Early on it is very very reminiscent of The Last of Us, but I guess judging by your post it was unfair to judge the game after only a few hours. I'll likely give it another chance at some point. It just might not be until sometime next year since I likely have the rest of the year pretty well filled up between a few games left over from either last year or early this year and then new releases start to pick up starting in August.
Thanks. For unlocking the full map, it's just a matter of completing the missions that will lead Deacon to the new areas. I wish it was fully unlocked from the start, but the game totally surprised me in how giant the landscape is, with good visual variety too.

I just wish Deacon could swim. It's very much like Biomutant, where you can only swim a few seconds before drowning. Or RDR.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4