Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Clint Eastwood: The Universal Pictures 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$22.00
1 day ago
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
12 hrs ago
The Goonies 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
One Crazy Summer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
18 hrs ago
Beetlejuice 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Parks and Recreation: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.10
 
A Clockwork Orange 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
 
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$63.50
 
A Quiet Place Part II 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.70
18 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Audrey Hepburn: 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
A Perfect Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #61
unberechenbar unberechenbar is online now
Senior Member
 
May 2021
USA
5
32
32
31
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpacman View Post
Silly me, never checked out the entire menu. lol

Now that see it and wanted to compare, I've learned something. I learned there are too many settings...

When something is broadcasting in Dolby Vision, I can't turn it off or switch to HDR and vice versa. I know they are basically the same. For a moment the HDR clip looked better then Dolby Vision, but not really.
You might be interested in this thread...https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=341040.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #62
superpacman superpacman is offline
Senior Member
 
superpacman's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unberechenbar View Post
You might be interested in this thread...https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=341040.

I need to run the calibration on my TV, maybe I can choose 1 to like afterwards.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:27 AM   #63
superpacman superpacman is offline
Senior Member
 
superpacman's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
28
Default



My first, but I honestly don't know what I'm looking at.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:39 AM   #64
unberechenbar unberechenbar is online now
Senior Member
 
May 2021
USA
5
32
32
31
2
Default

Oh nice. I think you want a delta error of less than 3, which is the smallest value that the human eye can perceive. The calibration appears to have reduced the error significantly.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:40 AM   #65
superpacman superpacman is offline
Senior Member
 
superpacman's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unberechenbar View Post
Oh nice. I think you want a delta error of less than 3, which is the smallest value that the human eye can perceive. The calibration appears to have reduced the error significantly.
I've been looking online to get an explanation of everything. I believe the only thing I understand is RGB balance. A few other thing with the actual settings bothered me. I need to read more of the results
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #66
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
In a van down by the river
105
408
3
Default

How’s it look when watching content? Movies/tv. Notice any difference?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:44 AM   #67
unberechenbar unberechenbar is online now
Senior Member
 
May 2021
USA
5
32
32
31
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpacman View Post
I've been looking online to get an explanation of everything. I believe the only thing I understand is RGB balance. A few other thing with the actual settings bothered me. I need to read more of the results
The shape on the right is the CIE 1931 color space. I think what the calibrator does is measure several points in that space on your display and compare it to a reference. The dots are the colors your display produces and the boxes are the reference which is how they are supposed to look. You can see that before calibration there's quite a bit of deviation of some of the dots from the boxes which is lessened considerably after calibration.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:40 PM   #68
superpacman superpacman is offline
Senior Member
 
superpacman's Avatar
 
Oct 2014
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
How’s it look when watching content? Movies/tv. Notice any difference?
It maybe awhile before I can give an answer.

I only ran the SDR calibration. I'm concentrating on the process, and not the tweaks afterwards. A few things are kinda weird to me(not bad things, just why questions)...

I don't have any SDR content, I mostly avoided them.

I am looking forward to HDR calibration, and seeing a difference. I hope I see a difference, because I'm way pass return... lol
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:50 PM   #69
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
In a van down by the river
105
408
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpacman View Post
It maybe awhile before I can give an answer.

I only ran the SDR calibration. I'm concentrating on the process, and not the tweaks afterwards. A few things are kinda weird to me(not bad things, just why questions)...

I don't have any SDR content, I mostly avoided them.

I am looking forward to HDR calibration, and seeing a difference. I hope I see a difference, because I'm way pass return... lol
Am I reading this correctly? You don’t have any SDR content? No blu-rays? Tv shows? Price is Right? You like TWD. Put it on. That’s all SDR.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:00 PM.