Best PS5 Games Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5)
$89.99
1 hr ago
Demon's Souls (PS5)
$69.88
2 hrs ago
Marvel's Spider-Man (PS5)
$49.88

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$69.97

Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5)
$69.88

Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)
$59.88

Fortnite: The Last Laugh Bundle (PS5)
$29.88

Destruction AllStars (PS5)
$69.88

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5)
$59.88

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$99.99
1 day ago
Far Cry 6 (PS5)
$59.96

Far Cry 6 (PS5)
$109.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 11-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #521
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I mean, i did clarify in the sentence you partially quoted that i was talking about the current gen version running with a BC patch so if it is dynamic up to 4K/30fps, the PS5/Series X should have a much easier go to lock those versions to 30fps. However for a full on next gen upgrade, your analysis is probably the most likely with RT features.

Maybe contact Ubisoft and ask for a replacement disk? Some companies do this as a replacement problem if it becomes widespread enough or reported.
Ubisoft aren't really getting back to anyone, live chat just says wait a few days and see if it's fixed. Other people are being told they will get back to them so maybe some news will come next week.

Not in a rush since the wife is playing it on the PS4 Pro for now and I have Miles Morales and SM:R to replay. Although I don't think I will even end up playing SM:R since the save transfer has been added now and once you transfer the save it auto unlocks all the trophies on the PS5 version including the new trophies added to the remaster if you have already completed the required tasks in the PS4 version.

It will be the fastest Platinum 100% I've ever achieved that's for sure. Doesn't give me any reason to replay the game though lol
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #522
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Ubisoft aren't really getting back to anyone, live chat just says wait a few days and see if it's fixed. Other people are being told they will get back to them so maybe some news will come next week.

Not in a rush since the wife is playing it on the PS4 Pro for now and I have Miles Morales and SM:R to replay. Although I don't think I will even end up playing SM:R since the save transfer has been added now and once you transfer the save it auto unlocks all the trophies on the PS5 version including the new trophies added to the remaster if you have already completed the required tasks in the PS4 version.

It will be the fastest Platinum 100% I've ever achieved that's for sure. Doesn't give me any reason to replay the game though lol
Well, if ya got the platinum, ya got it lol. Personally never played the DLCs so that would be my main reason. Getting through the main story with the new model to get used to it then the DLCs to finish it all out and finally play Miles Morales.

Looks like these sort of companies honestly don't care about it. GAME recently sold my friend a PS5 edition of Dirt 5 only to turn around, claim its out of stock so they'll be sending him the PS4 version because it's the same thing as it has a "Free upgrade to PS5"

I told him he has so much ammunition to screw them with legally and i would have ripped them to shreds.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:25 PM   #523
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
KY

I've been reading that some time this week they'll be showing off the PS5 version.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:47 PM   #524
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
After the assassins Creed and watch dogs nonsense not letting you upgrade for free I'm not in a hurry to buy any PS4 games and expect it to upgrade for free
For the digital versions, I read that on the Watch Dogs Legion forums too. For some reason they're having trouble finding the upgrade option. Not sure how Ubisoft missed that important feature through their questionable quality control team. My disc version upgraded easy with no issues for the upgrade to PS5's version. Then I deleted the PS4 version and just play the PS5 version on PS5.

Cyberpunk's day "0" patch as they call it, will hopefully have 4K/60 fps for the PS4 game on PS5, as with Days Gone which is excellent on PS5 compared to PS4.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #525
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Cyberpunk's day "0" patch as they call it, will hopefully have 4K/60 fps for the PS4 game on PS5, as with Days Gone which is excellent on PS5 compared to PS4.
Yeah it should at the least run way better than on a PS4 Pro, or especially base model.

They showed the Xbox versions the other day and it was noticeably better on Xbox Series X vs the Xbox One X.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:42 PM   #526
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
KY

Do you all even think that they'll do an actual movie of this game?
Old 11-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #527
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008

Not playing this until the PS5 version hits whenever that may be.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:31 PM   #528
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-Blu View Post
I can see Netflix or HBO approaching them to do a tv show
Old 11-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #529
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

According to reddit,and pics shown there the game has already arrived at some retailers,and people are playing it. This is last of us 2 all over again. Get ready for spoilers galore. Also don't be surprised if this game gets a new release date of December 3 or so!!
Old 11-22-2020, 07:26 PM   #530

Sep 2016
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhlan Ain Ajeeba View Post
According to reddit,and pics shown there the game has already arrived at some retailers,and people are playing it
So basically it could/should've just released on 19th Nov as planned, then. It feels like the only hold over for Dec is a day one patch for old gen console. The disc unpatched version will probably be the one that doesn't run on old gen as well, so those people had best make sure they have Internet to play it properly.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:17 PM   #531

Sep 2016
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Otherwise, I'd be happy to be wrong about Cyberpunk's PS5 version not being an amazing difference from the PS4 version visually.

For performance, yes, the loading and frame rate will be stronger for the PS5 version.
Don't get me wrong, I still think it looks great in the One X showcase they did. I think I just want to play the game in 60fps, and it looking and running its best on console (though will have to be without ray tracing, obvs). My brain has kind of moved on from PS4 / PS4 Pro now.

Let's just say I'm more looking forward to how the PC version will look and run, and the obligatory DF comparison to current version console, which I'm expecting will highlight significant improvements similar to other recent comparisons.

It's going to be a bit painful waiting to play the game until the upgrade patch comes. Luckily I have a now-significant backlog of titles I've not yet touched waiting to have their due...
Old 11-22-2020, 09:16 PM   #532
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010

Quote:
I still don't know if there's an actual game of this game yet. Not until it's on shelves.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:28 PM   #533
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
They already signed with Netflix do to a cartoon.

I hope they donít sign to do a live action adaptation.
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #534
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Elsinore

Having seen the footage from the 1X demo, i would have thought the gameplay would have been as smooth as glass seeing as the 1X should have been effectively lead console platform for the game. CDPR didn't plan on releasing a next-gen version of the game, which is why the upgrade will be a half-measure; unless they delayed the release of the game to allow the PS5 and X2 to iron out any kinks in the game with the superior hardware. On the flipside, i notice that CDPR are vehemently suggesting that PC owners require a SSD to play the game. That's me out of the running.
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #535
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
Having seen the footage from the 1X demo, i would have thought the gameplay would have been as smooth as glass seeing as the 1X should have been effectively lead console platform for the game. CDPR didn't plan on releasing a next-gen version of the game, which is why the upgrade will be a half-measure; unless they delayed the release of the game to allow the PS5 and X2 to iron out any kinks in the game with the superior hardware. On the flipside, i notice that CDPR are vehemently suggesting that PC owners require a SSD to play the game. That's me out of the running.
Itís pretty crazy but after playing Borderlands 3 PS5 version SSD, (4K/60) I'm seeing Pop-in & assets drawn in slower on my External T7 SSD PS4 version (1800p/30) hooked up to PS5.

Cyberpunk 2077 according to my PS5 will download the game onto my External, not PS5ís internal. Iíll just transfer that over to Internal when itís done downloading.

CDPR might also be able to shrink the file size needed for the PS5 Upgrade next year.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5