Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Danger: Diabolik (Blu-ray)
$24.96
11 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Vanishing (Blu-ray)
$6.96
3 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
8 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs

Old 01-22-2020, 08:44 PM   #4361
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardotores View Post
What is the best TV mounts for the money?
Well what to you want it to do as different mounts serve different purposes? Also, what is "the money", is it best value for what you get or do you want the Rolls Royce?
Old 01-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #4362
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

1. Wrong thread to be asking.

2. You still don't say what sort you want. Flat, tilt, full motion, etc.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:38 PM   #4363
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

well here's a first. In all my life and tv,s you name them I had em'. I never had a tv go bad on me until now. I went to bed last night, turned on my lightly used C7 and....no picture just flashing off and on of the power light and clicking sound. I did the recommended remedies to no avail.It is well protected via a high end surge that is in a battery back up. So y did this happen? Was it the new FW the other day or just poor build quality? I do have an extended warranty through Square Trade as well as an extra 2 years via Master card so I am covered I hope. Still after speaking to square trade..looks like a slow process to get it fixed..UGH...
Old 01-26-2020, 04:45 PM   #4364
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

Try a full cold a/c recycle. The best method is to unplug the TV from the electrical outlet and leave the TV unplugged for a full 10 minutes or longer. After re-connecting the power cord into the outlet turn the TV on and do not press any other buttons until the TV completely restarts.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #4365
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

thanks Robert. I did all that including unplugging the tv overnight. Different outlets. Removed all devices plugged into the tv etc. As soon as I plug the tv into any electrical source it starts clicking and red led /power light starts flashing constantly.
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (01-26-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #4366
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

So after setting up a repair ticket with square trade and doing every possible test and home fix with the tv the cause of problem reared it's head last night. it seemed to me that something was sending a signal to the tv and believe it or not my fios box as well so both weren't working. I removed all the batteries from my remotes in the room..no good..I covered the remote sensor with tape and the tv came back to life. Still the fios box wasn't working.

So lights out for the night, I grab my Fire stick remote..and..the damn thing is shooting out a constant red blinking light. Couldn't see it during the day or lights on. So I popped out that battery..yes it was the only device i did not take the battery out of..of course...and Bam everything works. I replaced the battery..no more blinking red light..reset the stick and told it an IR signal to Tv..which doesn't work and won't effect the tv or box anymore should it go bad again.

Time to call square trade to cancel the repair. Guess there is some life left in this old retired tech after all..lol
Thanks given by:
evoll (01-27-2020), Robert Zohn (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 02:27 PM   #4367
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

Thanks for the update. Glad all is well with your OLED TV!
Thanks given by:
punisher (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 11:43 PM   #4368
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
So after setting up a repair ticket with square trade and doing every possible test and home fix with the tv the cause of problem reared it's head last night. it seemed to me that something was sending a signal to the tv and believe it or not my fios box as well so both weren't working. I removed all the batteries from my remotes in the room..no good..I covered the remote sensor with tape and the tv came back to life. Still the fios box wasn't working.

So lights out for the night, I grab my Fire stick remote..and..the damn thing is shooting out a constant red blinking light. Couldn't see it during the day or lights on. So I popped out that battery..yes it was the only device i did not take the battery out of..of course...and Bam everything works. I replaced the battery..no more blinking red light..reset the stick and told it an IR signal to Tv..which doesn't work and won't effect the tv or box anymore should it go bad again.

Time to call square trade to cancel the repair. Guess there is some life left in this old retired tech after all..lol
damn man, good find on the cause. glad it all worked out for you. maybe now you can troubleshoot why buchnevich has been playing like dogshit
Old 01-28-2020, 01:53 AM   #4369
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2007

Quote:

I need to ask why you use a firestick on the oled? Doesn't it already have all the streaming apps you need, let alone any disc player you use, or am I missing something? Is PQ/AQ that much better with the stick than the built in tv apps?
Old 01-28-2020, 02:38 PM   #4370
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

I use the Plex app on the Firestick. It's available on the LG tv but has trouble with streaming of 4k movies for whatever reason. The Firestick has zero issues with the Plex server I access. It's also EZ to access NBCSports and FOX SN apps and see games in 4K..well upconverted.
Thanks given by:
jcs913 (01-29-2020), WKoA13 (01-28-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 02:40 PM   #4371
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahby View Post
damn man, good find on the cause. glad it all worked out for you. maybe now you can troubleshoot why buchnevich has been playing like dogshit
LOL.....
Old 01-28-2020, 10:45 PM   #4372
Expert Member

Feb 2018

Quote:
I use the Plex app on the Firestick. It's available on the LG tv but has trouble with streaming of 4k movies for whatever reason. The Firestick has zero issues with the Plex server I access. It's also EZ to access NBCSports and FOX SN apps and see games in 4K..well upconverted.
I don't use Plex but I have recently gone back to using my Xbox for Hulu. Both my Xbox and my B6 OLED are hardlined in, but for some reason, everything on Hulu via the B6 looks like blurry dog crap/cheap SD quality after the first few minutes.

Which sucks cuz I actually prefer the tv's Hulu UI, but...gotta go with PQ.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:06 AM   #4373
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKoA13 View Post
I don't use Plex but I have recently gone back to using my Xbox for Hulu. Both my Xbox and my B6 OLED are hardlined in, but for some reason, everything on Hulu via the B6 looks like blurry dog crap/cheap SD quality after the first few minutes.

Which sucks cuz I actually prefer the tv's Hulu UI, but...gotta go with PQ.
I can swear I read somewhere that the ethernet on that years sets was some primitive tech or something and that people got better speeds/connection from the wifi. i use wifi for my c6 and playback 4k with dolby vision with no problems at all.
Thanks given by:
WKoA13 (01-30-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 01:33 AM   #4374
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2007

Quote:
I can swear I read somewhere that the ethernet on that years sets was some primitive tech or something and that people got better speeds/connection from the wifi. i use wifi for my c6 and playback 4k with dolby vision with no problems at all.
I have a B6 and have it hard wired. It blows away the wifi on my set. Also have 5 other wifi users at times, so I guess it all depends.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:30 PM   #4375
Expert Member

Feb 2018

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me really.
I did just upgrade to a mesh network so I might try wi-fi just to see how that does.
Still, never had any such issue with Prime or Netflix (or Vudu). JUST Hulu that the PQ sharply drops after a few minutes or so.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:44 AM   #4376
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Dagobah
Question

So, I might actually purchase an LG C9 65' 4k TV very soon, maybe even today, unless you can talk me out of it.

My Pioneer Kuro (last generation) 50' is still going strongly after nearly 11 years now. What a great buy that was.
But, it's just not big enough for me. I would have bought the 60' model, but didn't have the money, but I digress.

I think it's time I upgraded, since I have had an Oppo UDP-203 for over a year now, and about 40 UHDs.

I will primarily use it to watch BDs and UHDs in a darkened room for an optimal viewing experience.
I don't game, or watch TV, just use my monitor for youtube, as a PC monitor...

Seating distance will be about 195cm/7.6inches?

My main questions are:
Is the PQ of my BDs going to be significantly better than on my Kuro?

Is it going to last comparably long, or only about 5 years?
(Digital Trends said about 5-7 yrs.)

Which UHD should I watch first of my current collection?
https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...egoryid=7&4k=1

Anything else I should know?

Last edited by Bluyoda; 01-31-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-31-2020, 01:23 PM   #4377
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

You will love LG's 65" C9 and it will deliver a significantly better picture vs. your well respected Kuro. Great 65A9 sale prices on now.

Nice 4K HDR BD collection. All will look great, but I'd play the Lion King first.
Thanks given by:
Bluyoda (01-31-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 02:07 PM   #4378
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Dagobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zohn View Post
You will love LG's 65" C9 and it will deliver a significantly better picture vs. your well respected Kuro. Great 65A9 sale prices on now.

Nice 4K HDR BD collection. All will look great, but I'd play the Lion King first.
Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:19 PM   #4379
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Dagobah

Yep, bought it today, including an extended warranty, so it's covered for 5 years. Will get it tomorrow.

Any suggestions regarding picture settings?
I have the Disney WOW calibration disc for BD/SDR, but no idea how to tackle HDR and Dolby Vision. Will probably get the Munsil...UHD calibration disc down the line?
Is the isf dark the most accurate out of the box for SDR, and cinema for HDR?
I am going to watch Vincent's HDTV videos on the C9 again.
I am using it with an Oppo UDP-203.
Thanks given by:
evoll (01-31-2020), Robert Zohn (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 11:19 PM   #4380
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Dagobah
Question

So, is it true that OLED's have a poorer motion resolution than Plasma TVs, or was that a few years ago???
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs