Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.21

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.97

Jumanji: The Next Level 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 01-24-2020, 10:46 PM   #501
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2014
High up in the KAB lighthouse in Spivey Point

I agree with Flanagan. It's great that it's even getting a physical release at all.
Thanks given by:
Resettito (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:50 PM   #502

Aug 2009

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't they just use seamless branching on the 4k disc? Or are the differences between the two cuts too many?
Old 01-24-2020, 11:45 PM   #503
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shadow- View Post
Out of curiosity, why wouldn't they just use seamless branching on the 4k disc? Or are the differences between the two cuts too many?
Warners are lazy. Outside of Blade Runner, I can't think of any other instance where they've used seamless branching.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:10 AM   #504
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Georgia

Is the extended cut supposed to be better?
Old 01-25-2020, 12:15 AM   #505
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Westminster, Colorado USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
Warners are lazy. Outside of Blade Runner, I can't think of any other instance where they've used seamless branching.
Star is Born Encore, Argo Extended Edition, Little Shop of Horrors (1986), most releases of Harry Potter 1 & 2, Iron Giant Signature Edition, Central Intelligence, and The Hangover are normal Blu-ray WB releases that use seamless branching.

And some 4K releases have used seamless branching already, like The Martian Extended and Hellboy (2004), so it's not like 4K doesn't have the technology. Though Hellboy (2004) did apparently have a seamless branching glitch.

Last edited by CrazyBlu-RayFan; 01-25-2020 at 12:23 AM.
Thanks given by:
Resettito (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 01:05 AM   #506
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
Star is Born Encore, Argo Extended Edition, Little Shop of Horrors (1986), most releases of Harry Potter 1 & 2, Iron Giant Signature Edition, Central Intelligence, and The Hangover are normal Blu-ray WB releases that use seamless branching.

And some 4K releases have used seamless branching already, like The Martian Extended and Hellboy (2004), so it's not like 4K doesn't have the technology. Though Hellboy (2004) did apparently have a seamless branching glitch.
Well shit.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:15 AM   #507

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlop10 View Post
After 2hrs on the phone with billing, troubleshooting, and technical help (and a lady that kept insisting I contact Vudu to fix an iTunes problem), they finally created a ticket to fix the problem on their end. Not sure how long it will take to fix but basically the only way to know if it was fixed is to keep going back and check the Director's Cut. Hopefully it won't take too long.
Any update if it's fixed yet?
Old 01-25-2020, 03:15 AM   #508

Jan 2020

A quick warning to those that purchased a digital copy through Vudu.

I did the Digital and Disc 4K Vudu combo and was planning on possibly selling the digital code that comes with the disc. Unfortunately I have a Fire TV so no Vudu app. (Although I could side load, I would rather not). I figured Amazon and Movies Anywhere would pull Doctor Sleep from Vudu. Although it does show on Amazon and Movies Anywhere, the directors cut is no where to be found. It seems Amazon is even prompting me to purchase the directors cut. I emailed Vudu and they replied with info about Itunes? I have sent an email to MA but I am not expecting much.

Just a warning for those who bought the digital from Vudu and were assuming the DC would show on Amazon or Movies Anywhere.

Teddy
Old 01-25-2020, 03:24 AM   #509
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyc23 View Post

I did the Digital and Disc 4K Vudu combo and was planning on possibly selling the digital code that comes with the disc. Unfortunately I have a Fire TV so no Vudu app. (Although I could side load, I would rather not). I figured Amazon and Movies Anywhere would pull Doctor Sleep from Vudu. Although it does show on Amazon and Movies Anywhere, the directors cut is no where to be found. It seems Amazon is even prompting me to purchase the directors cut. I emailed Vudu and they replied with info about Itunes? I have sent an email to MA but I am not expecting much.

Just a warning for those who bought the digital from Vudu and were assuming the DC would show on Amazon or Movies Anywhere.

Teddy
I did notice that on the VUDU digital version, the Director's Cut is placed in the bonus features section. It could be that it's then technically considered not part of the "feature" that qualifies for Movies Anywhere.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:41 AM   #510
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
I had to shut it off after an hour as the heart beat had my subs shaking the whole house as my family tried to sleep.. finished it the next afternoon cranked to 11
So the Overlook's Heartbeat shakes the house in the Atmos Soundtrack?
Warner knows how to do these audio tracks.

Now I'm gonna have to up my movie watching game pretty soon.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:41 AM   #511

Jan 2010

Quote:

Teddy
Thanks for the heads up. I assume if bought on Vudu the director's cut won't show up in iTunes either then?
Old 01-25-2020, 03:45 AM   #512
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:

Teddy
Yeah I noticed when it ported to Movies Anywhere it was theatrical only.

Last edited by mikesncc1701; 01-25-2020 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:11 AM   #513

Jan 2020

Response From Movies Anywhere:

"Thank you for the email and reaching out to Movies Anywhere.

If you purchase the theatrical version of 'Doctor Sleep' in your connected Vudu account, only the theatrical version will port into Movies Anywhere and your other connected retailers. You'll be able to enjoy the director's cut of the film as a bonus feature in your Vudu account, but the director's cut won't go into your Movies Anywhere library or other connected retailers.

A movie's availability in each retailer is based on the films distribution rights. While we can't speak into other retailer content, we encourage you to reach out to Vudu directly to pass along feedback if you'd like the director's cut of 'Doctor Sleep' to be available on their platform in the future.

Be sure to let us know if you have any additional questions, as we will be more than happy to help to our capabilities."

Props to Movies Anywhere for the quick response. I have to also give Vudu some credit as they seem to be the only retailer that gives you the DC with the theatrical version. If you search Movies Anywhere, you can find the DC sold separately by Apple, Youtube and Amazon.

I really have to thank Warner Bros. for not including a 4k DC disc in the first place. Seems the digital rights confusion regarding the DC is just icing on the cake :-(

Teddy
Old 01-25-2020, 05:04 AM   #514
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

“Damnit, I thought he had another few minutes in him.” So cruel.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:20 AM   #515
Power Member

Dec 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor View Post
Any update if it's fixed yet?
I checked this morning and the problem was still there. I haven’t checked after that though.
Thanks given by:
bytor (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 05:57 AM   #516
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Texas

Can't wait to get this. Didn't catch it in theatres. But I know I'll love it.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:57 AM   #517
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

Looks like I won’t be able to finish this . It keeps cutting out. I hate streaming.

Last edited by Chaotic; 01-25-2020 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:28 AM   #518
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2015
Dream within a dream
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Looks like I won’t be able to finish this . It keeps cutting out. I hate streaming.

[Show spoiler]
That's the Director's Cut you're trying to stream in UHD, right? So just by owning the Theatrical Cut in UHD, it also lets you stream the Director's Cut in UHD as well? I assumed it would be limited to HDX only.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:47 AM   #519
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXOYE1989 View Post
That's the Director's Cut you're trying to stream in UHD, right? So just by owning the Theatrical Cut in UHD, it also lets you stream the Director's Cut in UHD as well? I assumed it would be limited to HDX only.
Yeah
Thanks given by:
IXOYE1989 (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #520
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Likely one UHD for theatrical cut and one BD for Director's Cut/Special Features. But I hope the three-hour DC has the disc all to itself.
It's Theatrical/Special Features on 4K disc, Director's Cut on BD.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies