Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Prototype 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.26

The LEGO Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.47
34 min ago
Dino King 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.49

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.92

Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #21

Feb 2010
Mumbai (India)
Default Pana 310 3d bd player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekke henkie View Post
Yes, you are right. You connect the HDMI-1 output to your 3D-LED (using a high-speed HDMI, or HDMI 1.4, cable), and you connect the HDMI-2 output of the Oppo to your HDMI 1.3 receiver (using a regular HDMI cable) for all your Lossless sound codecs (bitstream) and/or LPCM sound (decoded).
I have Yamaha 1800 av receiver & a panasonic projector which I have connected to the receiver via hdmi out & connected 2 devices viz. dvd player etc thru Hdmi in. Now I have a Panasonic 310 player & if I connect the main HDMI (from the projector) to the Panasonic player then the dvd player does not get the video source. How do I connect the same. Any help
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #22

Aug 2008
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubhatia View Post
I have Yamaha 1800 av receiver & a panasonic projector which I have connected to the receiver via hdmi out & connected 2 devices viz. dvd player etc thru Hdmi in. Now I have a Panasonic 310 player & if I connect the main HDMI (from the projector) to the Panasonic player then the dvd player does not get the video source. How do I connect the same. Any help
I don't really understand what you are trying to say here, but it seems to me that you connected the HDMI-1 (main) output of the Panasonic 310 Blu-ray player to the input of "a" projector, and that your projector does not show you any images.
- Is that correct

- If so/not, which projector do you have (is it 3D?)
- What kind of cables are you using (high-speed?/HDMI 1.4?)
- What are your settings in the Panasonic 310 regarding the output of the video-signal related to the output you are using (HDMI-1, I believe)?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #23

Apr 2011

I have the BDP310 from Panny and I am overwhelmed with it! It is a stunning player and no problems at all with the twin outs. I have an older Onkyo and everything works like a charm.

Highly recommended.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #24

Feb 2010
Mumbai (India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekke henkie View Post
I don't really understand what you are trying to say here, but it seems to me that you connected the HDMI-1 (main) output of the Panasonic 310 Blu-ray player to the input of "a" projector, and that your projector does not show you any images.
- Is that correct

- If so/not, which projector do you have (is it 3D?)
- What kind of cables are you using (high-speed?/HDMI 1.4?)
- What are your settings in the Panasonic 310 regarding the output of the video-signal related to the output you are using (HDMI-1, I believe)?
I am sorry I did not explain properly but I have a PANASONIC projector AE 3000(non 3d) which i have connected to Yamaha 1800 receiver (hdmi out) & Panasonic 3d bluray player dmp-bdt 310, & panasonic bd30 bluray player & pioneer 656 dvd player all connected thru hdmi (in) on the Yamaha receiver. I have kept all 3 players because of some different region discs. Whenever I want to watch some disc on the Pioneer dvd player (which does not play on the bluray player I just change the input on the receiver & watch thru the dvd player) Now when I get the 3d projector & to get the HD sound I will have to connect the main source ie. the HDMI coming out of the projector to the Panasonic 3d Bluray player 310 & the HDMI sub out from the 3d bluray to the hdmi (in) on the Yamaha reciever. Now my question is if I want to watch a dvd on the pioneer dvd player or a blu ray disc on the panasonic BD30 bluray player thru the receiver how do I connect the source. Will a HDMI splitter solve the problem will it work. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #25

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
The Panasonic DMP-BDT300/350 has dual HDMI outputs as well as the soon to be released Panasonic DMP-BDT310.
waiting for this
Old 09-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #26
Banned

Sep 2011

I'm using my PS3 as the 3D player...
Old 09-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #27

Aug 2008
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubhatia View Post
I am sorry I did not explain properly but I have a PANASONIC projector AE 3000(non 3d) which i have connected to Yamaha 1800 receiver (hdmi out) & Panasonic 3d bluray player dmp-bdt 310, & panasonic bd30 bluray player & pioneer 656 dvd player all connected thru hdmi (in) on the Yamaha receiver. I have kept all 3 players because of some different region discs. Whenever I want to watch some disc on the Pioneer dvd player (which does not play on the bluray player I just change the input on the receiver & watch thru the dvd player) Now when I get the 3d projector & to get the HD sound I will have to connect the main source ie. the HDMI coming out of the projector to the Panasonic 3d Bluray player 310 & the HDMI sub out from the 3d bluray to the hdmi (in) on the Yamaha reciever. Now my question is if I want to watch a dvd on the pioneer dvd player or a blu ray disc on the panasonic BD30 bluray player thru the receiver how do I connect the source. Will a HDMI splitter solve the problem will it work. Thanks in advance.
No worries, just trying to help here.
If your current set-up works (you can play discs on your Pioneer and Pana-30 through your Yamaha-AVR) than I am sure that if you change your current non-3D projector to a 3D-projector, the exact same hook-up will still work. Since those two sources (Pioneer and Pana-30) are not 3D anyway, you can simply keep them routing through your AVR to your projector the same way, AFAIK.

Now, for your Pana-310, you will need to connect the HDMI-1 output directly to your new 3D-projector (to be able to watch in 3D, since your AVR is not 3D-capable), and you connect the HDMI-2 output to your Yamaha AVR to be able to listen to the Losless codecs/LPCM.

If you have any more questions, fire away , we are here to help our fellow BD enthousiasts.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #28

Jul 2009
Michigan

The Integra DBS-50.3 has both features.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:08 AM   #29
Banned

Nov 2011

...I'll be able solve my issue with HD sounds?
Old 11-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsinling View Post
...I'll be able solve my issue with HD sounds?

Old 12-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #31
Banned

Dec 2011

There's another option if you don't want to buy a new receiver.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

what is the cheapest 3d blu player with dual hdmi outs? thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #33
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck301 View Post
what is the cheapest 3d blu player with dual hdmi outs? thanks in advance.
Buy the cheapest 3D blu-ray player and use it with one of these 4x2 converters from Monoprice.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:27 AM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Buy the cheapest 3D blu-ray player and use it with one of these 4x2 converters from Monoprice.
It won't work, see this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjones View Post
The idea of using an outboard HDMI splitter to give you 2 HDMI outputs will generally not solve the issue using a Blu-ray 3D player with a single HDMI output in combination with an AVR only equipped with HDMI 1.3a inputs and a 3DTV equipped with HDMI 1.4a inputs. Such HDMI splitters will report to the source device (the Blu-ray 3D player in this case) the least capable of the connected devices and as a result you will not get the lossless audio from the Blu-ray player being sent to the AVR when 3D discs are being played (lossless audio in HDMI 1.4a format is not encoded in the same way within the data stream as is done with HDMI 1.3a and HDMI splitters lack the processing to re-encode a 1.4a data stream into a HDMI 1.3a data stream format). In order to accommodate an AVR with HDMI 1.3a inputs plus a HDMI 1.4 equipped 3DTV you really need a Blu-ray 3D equipped with dual HDMI outputs intended to support this specific situation.
I needed that Monoprice unit to output my satellite receiver signal to 2 TVs anyway, so it's not like I waisted my money. But I paid $80 for the Sony 580 Blu-ray player and it is useless in the living room, for 3D movies that is. Now I need to find a dual HDMI player, but it won't be a Sony unfortunately, they won't be releasing one for an obvious reason(they sell A/V receiver, unlike Samsung and Panasonic).

Last edited by StereoMike; 12-19-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:35 AM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoMike View Post

I needed that Monoprice unit to output my satellite receiver signal to 2 TVs anyway, so it's not like I waisted my money. But I paid $80 for the Sony 580 Blu-ray player and it is useless in the living room, for 3D movies that is. Now I need to find a dual HDMI player, but it won't be a Sony unfortunately, they won't be releasing one for an obvious reason(they sell A/V receiver, unlike Samsung and Panasonic).
In store in MTL it's hard to find the new Panny 310 and the funniest thing is that retailers are selling it at a higher price than the Panasonic Ca MRSP

I know that Leon's have the last year panny model for $299 .
Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 AM   #36
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoMike View Post

I don't have any experience with the unit from Monoprice. My receiver has two HDMI 1.4 outputs and I don't have any need for it. However, I don't understand your post. Are you saying what they claim is not true? Are you sure you are using the same unit?

Quote:
4x2 True Matrix High Speed HDMI Powered Switch w/ Remote (HDMI x.v. Color) w/ 3D support

Specifications:
Inputs: 4 HDMI Type A 19 pin - Gold plated
Outputs: 4 HDMI Type A 19 pin, 1 Digital Coaxial RCA Audio* - Gold plated
HDMI standard: 1.4
HDCP standard: 2.0
Audio support: DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD lossless compressed digital audio compliant.
Resolutions supported: Up to 1080p
Deep color support: 12 bit
Video amplifier bandwidth: 2.25GHz
Input DDC signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
3D capable
Operation pixel frequency range: 25MHz - 225MHz
Remote control: IR - 38KHz carrier frequency
Power supply: 5V DC 2A Adaptor
Main unit: 220 x 71.5 x 29 mm
Old 12-19-2011, 03:34 AM   #37
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Quote:
I don't have any experience with the unit from Monoprice. My receiver has two HDMI 1.4 outputs and I don't have any need for it. However, I don't understand your post. Are you saying what they claim is not true? Are you sure you are using the same unit?
It will not split 1080p 3D and the lossless audio codecs into 2 distinct signals, just pass them through into one signal.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almadacr View Post
In store in MTL it's hard to find the new Panny 310 and the funniest thing is that retailers are selling it at a higher price than the Panasonic Ca MRSP

I know that Leon's have the last year panny model for $299 .
Samsung is the only brand I would buy something from(besides Sony obviously). I recently ditched Sony Ericsson after many years for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:40 AM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Cambridge Audio makes two universal 3D BD players. They are high-end and are as good or better than the Oppo players. Both models have dual 1.4 HDMI outputs. They are audiophile grade and not cheap.

Azur 651BD ($799):
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summar...iversal+Player

Azur 751BD ($1,149):
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summar...iversal Player
Old 12-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
Cambridge Audio makes two universal 3D BD players. They are high-end and are as good or better than the Oppo players. Both models have dual 1.4 HDMI outputs. They are audiophile grade and not cheap.

Azur 651BD ($799):
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summar...iversal+Player

Azur 751BD ($1,149):
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summar...iversal Player
I guess he only want's Samsung even if 1000 guys will tell him that there are better options in the market for less
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players