Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Matrix Revolutions 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
The Invisible Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Midway 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96

The Blues Brothers 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.15

Jaws 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$108.87

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 10-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC
Default Game of Thrones: The Complete Series

Game of Thrones: The Complete Series

I hope that HBO puts Game of Thrones: The Complete Series out soon after the series is complete. The reason it has me worried is that HBO put Season 6 part 1 & 2 in 2007, and The Sopranos: The Complete Series came out in 2014. I don't want to have to wait until 2026 for Game of Thrones: The Complete Series to come out in 4K. Do you think one of the reasons it took The Soprano: The Complete Series to come out on Blu-ray was the whole Blu-ray/HD-DVD debacle?

Last edited by Canada; 10-08-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2018
Norway

Not sure about 'The Soprano: The Complete Series' matter you mention, but my guess is that the 'Game of Thrones: The Complete Series' 4K BD will be released in time for Christmas next year 2019, about 6 months or so after the final season is aired on HBO.

This would make good business-sense imo, also to keep interest high for the 'prequel'-series in George RR Martin's world that appears will follow around 2020. I will certainly buy the brilliant 'Game of Thrones: The Complete Series' when it is released on 4K BD, even if I expect it to be a very expensive package. It will be a jewel to savour again and again.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:59 PM   #3

Aug 2016
Central NC

I have to agree with a full series set in UHD Atmos! Would probably wait until the price settles down because with the 1-6 set plus season 7 in blu-ray Atmos displayed on a 65" OLED UHD tv played on the exquisite OPPO 203, I already have one of the best a/v experiences ever. But I'll probably buy Season 8 in UHD Atmos when available -- with no Netfilx account, it only makes sense. So I'll have something to watch while waiting for a decent price.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:47 PM   #4

Dec 2011

so it looks like theres a complete series collectors edition up for pre-sale on amazon already....kinda pricey and not really needing some collectors edition.

would just like to grab the complete series on blu....is that expected to come out anytime soon?
Old 01-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

I hope HBO has Dolby Atmos as the default audio options but I won't hold my breath with WB/HBO releases. Anybody who has UHD releases probably has means of playing a Dolby Atmos or a True HD 7.1 track.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists