Best Wii Game Deals

Best Wii Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
EA Sports Active 2 (Wii)
$39.99

Red Steel (Wii)
$19.98

Rapala Tournament Fishing (Wii)
$39.99

Phantom Brave We Meet Again (Wii)
$29.99

Beyblade Metal Fusion: Battle Fortress (Wii)
$29.99

Horse Life Adventures (Wii)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii

Old 08-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
Default The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Quote:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is an action-adventure game currently in development by Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development, and the sixteenth installment in the Legend of Zelda series. Scheduled for 2011, it will be released for the Wii console and will heavily use the Wii MotionPlus peripheral for sword-fighting, with a revised Wii Remote pointing system used for targeting.
Quote:
Plot: Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time. The Link appearing in the game was born and raised in Skyloft, a group of islands floating above the clouds. Leading an ordinary life there, he one day discovers the Skyward Sword, which leads him to another, previously unknown land beneath, ruled by evil forces. Using the sword to travel back and forth between the two worlds, the mystery of why they became separated is gradually revealed to Link. The Skyward Sword will turn into the Master Sword at some point in the game, and while giving Link advice, it will assume the form of the female figure in the concept art shown at E3 2009

Got Em!!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Between this and Twilight Princess, I may have to get a Wii after all, kind of wish another platform would buy Zelda from Nintendo.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Stormcrow View Post
Between this and Twilight Princess, I may have to get a Wii after all, kind of wish another platform would buy Zelda from Nintendo.
Dude Zelda will never be anywhere else but Nintendo. U remember the trademark right.....NFL (Nintendo For Life) haha. Got Em!!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Dude Zelda will never be anywhere else but Nintendo. U remember the trademark right.....NFL (Nintendo For Life) haha. Got Em!!
NFL! WOOT! That's my term, yo! ... but feel free to use it and spread it around.

I can't believe Zelda is 16 installments old at this point. I remember when #1 came out! I still play it fairly regularly.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
NFL! WOOT! That's my term, yo! ... but feel free to use it and spread it around.

I can't believe Zelda is 16 installments old at this point. I remember when #1 came out! I still play it fairly regularly.
Yea I am gonna download the original on my Wii and start playing it again. Just havnt had the time yet. Got Em!!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Stormcrow View Post
I don't think you really mean that. You know who the creator/designer of the Zelda games is right?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
I don't think you really mean that. You know who the creator/designer of the Zelda games is right?
Let em know man. Got Em!!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

With this, Donkey Kong Country and Metroid I think Nintendo may have finally sold me a Wii.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
With this, Donkey Kong Country and Metroid I think Nintendo may have finally sold me a Wii.
If those games don't convince you, none will! I know you're big on old games (like I am), so you might check out the Virtual Console games as well. There are some nicely emulated games, as well as some reboots that are pretty fun. My son and I are currently playing the Bubble Bobble reboot (called "Bubble Bobble Plus!") pretty often, and having a ton of fun with that.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:11 AM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
I got my wii for free.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
Banned

Sep 2010

In the beginning of the game, she calls him telepathically like she already knew him.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #12

Feb 2010
Minnesota
Send a message via AIM to AndyTheZombie

I'm excited for it. It doesn't come out until next year I'm guessing. It looks just like Twilight Princess just more colorful.

But I'm gonna be honest here Zelda has been done to death. It's great it's coming out in all but it's still kinda Meh.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTheZombie View Post
I'm excited for it. It doesn't come out until next year I'm guessing. It looks just like Twilight Princess just more colorful.

But I'm gonna be honest here Zelda has been done to death. It's great it's coming out in all but it's still kinda Meh.
It doesnt matter how many times or chapters they make of the same series as long as its a great game. I mean look at Mario which has been done more than Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy 2 could be the greatest Mario game yet. Just sayin! Got Em!!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Looks like this is set to release in the U.S. on November 20th.

I know November is already a crazy month with Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, Saints Row 3 and big 3DS titles. But, Zelda is a drop whatever else I'm doing type game. I can't wait for this.

Hopefully there's more info forthcoming soon on pre-order bonuses/credits.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
Looks like this is set to release in the U.S. on November 20th.

I know November is already a crazy month with Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, Saints Row 3 and big 3DS titles. But, Zelda is a drop whatever else I'm doing type game. I can't wait for this.

Hopefully there's more info forthcoming soon on pre-order bonuses/credits.
ooh, I didn't even know when to expect it! Damn, this 4th quarter among the crazy flurry of PS3 games I need to buy.

Uncharted 3, Dark Souls and this are top priorities.. Resistance 3..then maybe Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma and some others.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
ooh, I didn't even know when to expect it! Damn, this 4th quarter among the crazy flurry of PS3 games I need to buy.

Uncharted 3, Dark Souls and this are top priorities.. Resistance 3..then maybe Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma and some others.
Yeah, this fall/winter is absolutely insane in terms of games that are coming out. For me, something's going to have to wait until Christmas/the New Year both in terms of time and money. But, it's a great time to be a gamer, no doubt.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
Special Member

Dec 2009

This game is coming out this November right?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starpower67 View Post
This game is coming out this November right?
Yeah, November 20th in the U.S. and I believe the 18th in Europe. Not sure about Japan though.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #19
Special Member

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
Yeah, November 20th in the U.S. and I believe the 18th in Europe. Not sure about Japan though.
Thanks! I can't wait!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

A special limited-edition The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword bundle containing the game and a gold* Wii Remote™ Plus controller will be available when the game launches on Nov. 20. Plus, the music cd comes with the first pressing.

I can't wait!

Link (no pun intended):

http://nintendoeverything.com/72555/
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii