Best Wii Game Deals


Best Wii Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
EA Sports Active 2 (Wii)
$39.99
 
Red Steel (Wii)
$19.98
 
Rapala Tournament Fishing (Wii)
$39.99
 
Phantom Brave We Meet Again (Wii)
$29.99
 
Beyblade Metal Fusion: Battle Fortress (Wii)
$29.99
 
Horse Life Adventures (Wii)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
232
862
1
75
Default The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword


Quote:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is an action-adventure game currently in development by Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development, and the sixteenth installment in the Legend of Zelda series. Scheduled for 2011, it will be released for the Wii console and will heavily use the Wii MotionPlus peripheral for sword-fighting, with a revised Wii Remote pointing system used for targeting.
Quote:
Plot: Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time. The Link appearing in the game was born and raised in Skyloft, a group of islands floating above the clouds. Leading an ordinary life there, he one day discovers the Skyward Sword, which leads him to another, previously unknown land beneath, ruled by evil forces. Using the sword to travel back and forth between the two worlds, the mystery of why they became separated is gradually revealed to Link. The Skyward Sword will turn into the Master Sword at some point in the game, and while giving Link advice, it will assume the form of the female figure in the concept art shown at E3 2009



Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
129
375
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Between this and Twilight Princess, I may have to get a Wii after all, kind of wish another platform would buy Zelda from Nintendo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
232
862
1
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Stormcrow View Post
Between this and Twilight Princess, I may have to get a Wii after all, kind of wish another platform would buy Zelda from Nintendo.
Dude Zelda will never be anywhere else but Nintendo. U remember the trademark right.....NFL (Nintendo For Life) haha. Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
brettallica brettallica is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
brettallica's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
51
79
6
Send a message via AIM to brettallica
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Dude Zelda will never be anywhere else but Nintendo. U remember the trademark right.....NFL (Nintendo For Life) haha. Got Em!!
NFL! WOOT! That's my term, yo! ... but feel free to use it and spread it around.

I can't believe Zelda is 16 installments old at this point. I remember when #1 came out! I still play it fairly regularly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
232
862
1
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
NFL! WOOT! That's my term, yo! ... but feel free to use it and spread it around.

I can't believe Zelda is 16 installments old at this point. I remember when #1 came out! I still play it fairly regularly.
Yea I am gonna download the original on my Wii and start playing it again. Just havnt had the time yet. Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
kefrank kefrank is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2008
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Stormcrow View Post
Between this and Twilight Princess, I may have to get a Wii after all, kind of wish another platform would buy Zelda from Nintendo.
I don't think you really mean that. You know who the creator/designer of the Zelda games is right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
232
862
1
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefrank View Post
I don't think you really mean that. You know who the creator/designer of the Zelda games is right?
Let em know man. Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #8
Rob71 Rob71 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Rob71's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Florida
13
295
5
Default

With this, Donkey Kong Country and Metroid I think Nintendo may have finally sold me a Wii.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
brettallica brettallica is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
brettallica's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
51
79
6
Send a message via AIM to brettallica
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
With this, Donkey Kong Country and Metroid I think Nintendo may have finally sold me a Wii.
If those games don't convince you, none will! I know you're big on old games (like I am), so you might check out the Virtual Console games as well. There are some nicely emulated games, as well as some reboots that are pretty fun. My son and I are currently playing the Bubble Bobble reboot (called "Bubble Bobble Plus!") pretty often, and having a ton of fun with that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:11 AM   #10
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
With this, Donkey Kong Country and Metroid I think Nintendo may have finally sold me a Wii.
I got my wii for free.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
GameWoman GameWoman is offline
Banned
 
Sep 2010
Default

In the beginning of the game, she calls him telepathically like she already knew him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #12
AndyTheZombie AndyTheZombie is offline
Active Member
 
AndyTheZombie's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Minnesota
Send a message via AIM to AndyTheZombie
Default

I'm excited for it. It doesn't come out until next year I'm guessing. It looks just like Twilight Princess just more colorful.



But I'm gonna be honest here Zelda has been done to death. It's great it's coming out in all but it's still kinda Meh.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
232
862
1
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTheZombie View Post
I'm excited for it. It doesn't come out until next year I'm guessing. It looks just like Twilight Princess just more colorful.



But I'm gonna be honest here Zelda has been done to death. It's great it's coming out in all but it's still kinda Meh.
It doesnt matter how many times or chapters they make of the same series as long as its a great game. I mean look at Mario which has been done more than Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy 2 could be the greatest Mario game yet. Just sayin! Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #14
miller_time22 miller_time22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
miller_time22's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
19
1300
10
1
14
Default

Looks like this is set to release in the U.S. on November 20th.

I know November is already a crazy month with Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, Saints Row 3 and big 3DS titles. But, Zelda is a drop whatever else I'm doing type game. I can't wait for this.

Hopefully there's more info forthcoming soon on pre-order bonuses/credits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #15
Monkey Monkey is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
Looks like this is set to release in the U.S. on November 20th.

I know November is already a crazy month with Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC: Revelations, Saints Row 3 and big 3DS titles. But, Zelda is a drop whatever else I'm doing type game. I can't wait for this.

Hopefully there's more info forthcoming soon on pre-order bonuses/credits.
ooh, I didn't even know when to expect it! Damn, this 4th quarter among the crazy flurry of PS3 games I need to buy.

Uncharted 3, Dark Souls and this are top priorities.. Resistance 3..then maybe Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma and some others.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #16
miller_time22 miller_time22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
miller_time22's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
19
1300
10
1
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
ooh, I didn't even know when to expect it! Damn, this 4th quarter among the crazy flurry of PS3 games I need to buy.

Uncharted 3, Dark Souls and this are top priorities.. Resistance 3..then maybe Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma and some others.
Yeah, this fall/winter is absolutely insane in terms of games that are coming out. For me, something's going to have to wait until Christmas/the New Year both in terms of time and money. But, it's a great time to be a gamer, no doubt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
Starpower67 Starpower67 is offline
Special Member
 
Starpower67's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
11
173
97
Default

This game is coming out this November right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #18
miller_time22 miller_time22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
miller_time22's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
19
1300
10
1
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starpower67 View Post
This game is coming out this November right?
Yeah, November 20th in the U.S. and I believe the 18th in Europe. Not sure about Japan though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #19
Starpower67 Starpower67 is offline
Special Member
 
Starpower67's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
11
173
97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
Yeah, November 20th in the U.S. and I believe the 18th in Europe. Not sure about Japan though.
Thanks! I can't wait!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #20
miller_time22 miller_time22 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
miller_time22's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
19
1300
10
1
14
Default

A special limited-edition The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword bundle containing the game and a gold* Wii Remote™ Plus controller will be available when the game launches on Nov. 20. Plus, the music cd comes with the first pressing.

I can't wait!




Link (no pun intended):

http://nintendoeverything.com/72555/
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:29 AM.