Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Perdita Durango 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.99
14 hrs ago
The Day of the Beast 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.99
14 hrs ago
Love and Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.32
1 day ago
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$71.99

Jaws 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bourne: The Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.43
1 day ago
Ghostbusters 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.17
9 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$99.99

Hulk 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
5 hrs ago
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 10-11-2020, 12:35 AM   #61
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge92 View Post
I noticed that my player display says 1080p/60 and HDR>SDR for the movie. Shouldn't it say 2160p and just HDR?
Your sound bar wouldn't be HDCP 2.2 compatible, so it was downscaling everything to what you said, like I posted there isn't any need to plug a 4K device into a sound bar unless it's brand new or you've run out of inputs.

Glad you got it sorted, mate.
Thanks given by:
Surge92 (10-11-2020)
Old 10-11-2020, 12:53 AM   #62
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2015
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Your sound bar wouldn't be HDCP 2.2 compatible, so it was downscaling everything to what you said, like I posted there isn't any need to plug a 4K device into a sound bar unless it's brand new or you've run out of inputs.

Glad you got it sorted, mate.
The only reason I even did that was because the player audio through the soundbar started acting up when I was still using the optical cable. With your suggestions, I now have everything running through HDMI. Thanks a lot, once again!

Last edited by Surge92; 10-11-2020 at 02:19 AM.
Thanks given by:
chip75 (10-11-2020)
Old 10-11-2020, 04:48 AM   #63
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010

This is getting some good reviews (Best Buy's listings) but I have a Sony A1E 55 inch 2017 model. Still works perfectly. So this would be a pointless purchase for me. I like the 65 inch one, will wait to see black friday prices.
Old 10-11-2020, 03:01 PM   #64

Feb 2020
-
-
-

My example of this display has an issue where in complete darkness, the display appears to have a dim backlight. It seems that other people are having the same issue with theirs. There was a firmware update recently, and it did not fix this. Are any of you having this issue with yours? I thought OLEDs were supposed to only have any light at all coming from the pixels used and all other pixels completely black. What the update did fix was it thinking my Motorola RNG200 cable set-top box from Xfinity had VRR, and therefore not applying motion processing.
Old 10-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #65
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouMan View Post
My example of this display has an issue where in complete darkness, the display appears to have a dim backlight. It seems that other people are having the same issue with theirs.
I think you're able to lessen the affect if you can watch with Dolby Vision as it's worse with HDR10.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #66

Feb 2020
-
-
-

Quote:
I think you're able to lessen the affect if you can watch with Dolby Vision as it's worse with HDR10.
The backlight effect shouldn't be there at all on an OLED and it shouldn't only "lessen" when playing Dolby Vision discs. It should be completely black for SDR, HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision discs.
Thanks given by:
jibucha (10-13-2020)
Old 10-11-2020, 04:59 PM   #67
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
The backlight effect shouldn't be there at all on an OLED and it shouldn't only "lessen" when playing Dolby Vision discs. It should be completely black for SDR, HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision discs.
Yes I know, but it is there with the Vizio OLED, it's a software issue that needs to be addressed with a firmware update.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:50 AM   #68

Feb 2020
-
-
-

Believe it or not, this TV can natively display both NTSC and PAL video.
Thanks given by:
chip75 (10-13-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 05:23 AM   #69

Feb 2020
-
-
-

Quote:
Yes I know, but it is there with the Vizio OLED, it's a software issue that needs to be addressed with a firmware update.
They just fixed the VIZIO OLED! Now it actually behaves like an OLED should!
Thanks given by:
chip75 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 04:22 AM   #70
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

I bought a 40-inch V-Series 4K tv from Target on Saturday.

This is a beautiful tv and I am very happy. It is also my very first 4K tv, too.

I will be trying a UHD movie this week, since I am mostly using it for gaming at the moment.

Last edited by VictoryAtNight; 11-14-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #71
Expert Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
They just fixed the VIZIO OLED! Now it actually behaves like an OLED should!
Can you provide a bit more of a review of the unit? I have certainly thought about seeing what I can do to cash in my GSP on my current 55in LG B8 and getting a 65in VIZIO (due to the cost).
Old 10-26-2020, 04:25 PM   #72

Feb 2020
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobster View Post
Can you provide a bit more of a review of the unit? I have certainly thought about seeing what I can do to cash in my GSP on my current 55in LG B8 and getting a 65in VIZIO (due to the cost).
I still haven't gotten mine calibrated and I won't until I get an Ultra HD Blu-ray player (I am just getting into 4K and started buying Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs at the beginning of this year.) I am waiting until Pioneer either re-releases the UDP-LX500 and updates it with HDR10+ playback or releases a new model. In case you don't know, the Pioneer UDP-LX500 is the spiritual successor to the OPPO UDP-203. I'm told it uses the same MediaTek chipset.

Anyway, the VIZIO OLED was off to a rocky start. The firmware initially had quite a few bugs, like the remote on the accompanying app sometimes not working and most notably, a bug that caused the display to appear to have a dim backlight noticeable in the dark when showing a black screen or just text or logos. These bugs have now been fixed and now it works like an OLED should.

It features two 48-gigabit HDMI 2.1 ports and supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) allowing you to plug your devices into the display and pass lossless or uncompressed audio to your compatible soundbar, receiver, or preamplifier processor. 48-gigabit HDMI 2.1 will make all the difference when playing a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X, as these consoles will support 4K@120Hz with HDR, and 48-gigabit HDMI 2.1 is the only connection that can achieve this. It also features a peak brightness of 800nits and supports Variable Refresh Rate from 40-120Hz in the form of AMD FreeSync (I don't know if NVIDIA G-SYNC support is coming for those of you who own a compatible NVIDIA graphics card and plan on using this display as a computer monitor.)

However, the main reason I bought it is because it is the only OLED on the U.S. market that can play both discs encoded in HDR10+ and discs encoded in Dolby Vision, allowing you to get the absolute most out of every single Ultra HD Blu-ray you may come across. I didn't want to upgrade my TV to 4K until the Ultra HD Blu-ray format matured and new features were added to it, and an HDR10+/Dolby Vision dual-format OLED was introduced, since before now, you couldn't have both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision support, you had to pick one or the other. (Panasonic has made these for a while now, but they no longer sell displays in the U.S.)

Out of the box, the display does not ship configured very well, so you will have to play with the settings to get a good picture. Once calibrated, I hear that the picture quality rivals that of the LG OLEDs. The VIZIO OLED uses an OLED panel from LG Display, so both LG and VIZIO use the same panel. From what I hear, the display also has amazing tone mapping for discs encoded in the basic HDR10. The VIZIO OLED does, however, ship with motion processing disabled, so you will need to enable it for a smooth picture.

When adjusting picture settings, the display stores different settings for SDR, HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision discs (and also HLG broadcasts and videos, but this is the "Blu-ray forum.") As such, when adjusting picture settings, you will need to use one disc of each format to do so. If you don't have an HDR10+/Dolby Vision dual-format Ultra HD Blu-ray player, but you know someone who does (Panasonic DP-UB820/DP-UB9000 or OPPO UDP-203/UDP-205, either with latest firmware), I suggest seeing if you can borrow theirs. Be sure to connect the player directly to the display and not to your sound device in case it doesn't support passthrough of both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. Discs encoded in both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision count as HDR10+ discs, since such players (at least for now) prioritize HDR10+ over Dolby Vision. When the technician comes to calibrate the display, you must also have one disc in each format ready for them in order for them to calibrate the display for each type of disc, since the calibration settings are also not shared across HDR formats. They will also need to calibrate each picture mode, times the aforementioned HDR formats, so calibration will take quite a while.

You most likely will be using your own surround sound system, but in case you don't, the built-in speakers won't sound great out of the box, but once you change some of the audio settings, they will sound fairly decent. I also suggest going into System settings and changing the Power Mode to "Quick Start" for faster startups. Other than that, it's a great display all-around and I highly recommend it.

Last edited by BijouMan; 10-27-2020 at 03:27 AM.
Thanks given by:
rocklobster (10-26-2020)
Old 01-13-2021, 09:43 PM   #73
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

So, My P55-F1 died and luckily I bought they Geek Squad protection plan for it. So, im getting the funds back I paid for that TV and thinking of upgrading to this OLED. Good idea or bad idea? What do you guys think?
Old 01-13-2021, 11:07 PM   #74
Expert Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
So, My P55-F1 died and luckily I bought they Geek Squad protection plan for it. So, im getting the funds back I paid for that TV and thinking of upgrading to this OLED. Good idea or bad idea? What do you guys think?
how much you getting back?
Old Yesterday, 02:27 AM   #75

Mar 2017

I love my 65" (got it on sale for $1500), but I don't game, and I've read about others having issues with the VRR. But paired with my Panasonic 820 UHD player, cable, and Nakamichi 7.1 system, it's been great.
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #76
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepooch21 View Post
how much you getting back?
What I paid. So, just under 1k.
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #77
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbabka View Post
I love my 65" (got it on sale for $1500), but I don't game, and I've read about others having issues with the VRR. But paired with my Panasonic 820 UHD player, cable, and Nakamichi 7.1 system, it's been great.
I'm a PC gamer so I don't plan on gaming on this tv at all. However, I do plan on watching a lot of Netflix and UHD blu rays!
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM   #78
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
I'm a PC gamer so I don't plan on gaming on this tv at all. However, I do plan on watching a lot of Netflix and UHD blu rays!

I guy at Best Buy actually said the pixels in the Vizio burn out faster than other OLEDs.

Anyway, sorry about your Seachickens getting whipped by lambs again.
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM   #79

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post
I guy at Best Buy actually said the pixels in the Vizio burn out faster than other OLEDs.

Anyway, sorry about your Seachickens getting whipped by lambs again.
LG makes all the OLED panels, so I doubt that’s true. How could they even know, it’s been out for only a few months...

Besides, by the time any such thing happens (many years I’m sure), I’ll happily upgrade to the latest and greatest.
Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM   #80
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbabka View Post
LG makes all the OLED panels, so I doubt thatís true. How could they even know, itís been out for only a few months...

Besides, by the time any such thing happens (many years Iím sure), Iíll happily upgrade to the latest and greatest.
I know, to me that sounded ridiculous.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology