Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Inception 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
37 min ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Hugo 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$33.49
22 hrs ago
Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.99
9 hrs ago
The Blues Brothers 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.95
22 hrs ago
Batman: Year One 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
The Bourne Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$37.99

Air Force One 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.50
8 hrs ago
1776 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.50

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$123.62

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 4K Ultra HD > 4K Ultra HD Players, Hardware and News

Old 02-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #1341
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Canada

no HDR10+ too, AFAIK
Old 02-25-2019, 02:07 PM   #1342

Jul 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapiendut View Post
upscaling is not that great.
Agreed on this point. Was hoping to replace my Samsung UBD-M7500 with this one, but actually think that will be my "daily driver" with the Sony in the rack strictly for Dolby Vision discs. Upside of that configuration - no switching in and out of DV manually anymore!
Old 02-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #1343

Nov 2016

So I am having massive freezing issues with this player, and I am having it on multiple disks, some are brand new from wrapping to player. I looked up this issue online and it seems this is a widespread problem with this player. Sony knows about it and isn't doing anything. Am I missing anything such as fixes or things to change? Very frustrated as I am out of the return period and very disappointed with this, it makes movies unwatchable.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:55 PM   #1344
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Canada

That’s one of the downfall of this player. I used to own this player and I gave up on it. I changed mune to Panasonic UB820
Old 02-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #1345

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapiendut View Post
Thatís one of the downfall of this player. I used to own this player and I gave up on it. I changed mune to Panasonic UB820
Yea I am thinking about picking up the LG UBK90 and bitting the bullet on this damn player...
Old 02-26-2019, 03:59 AM   #1346

Jul 2018

Anyone with the X700 getting weird stuttering on every cut during a movie in Dolby Vision? Watching Black Panther on my Vizio V505-G9 and every time one shot cuts to another, there’s a slight but noticeable frame or two that stutters before the next shot. Watching the same in Vudu doesn’t give that issue.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #1347
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Elsinore

Guys, your advice if you please; i've got the samsung ubd-k8500 with the latest firmware dating back to april last year, and am giving serious consideration to buying the X700, but need to know if it's going to be worth the image upgrade. The K8500 presents a clean, sharp image with no stutter, and my screen (Samsung MU7070) doesn't do Dolby Vision.

Is it worth the upgrade?
Old 02-27-2019, 09:46 PM   #1348
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Canada

Hang on to it until it dies and get Panasonic UB820 when it’s time to replace your player.
Thanks given by:
gkolb (02-27-2019)
Old 02-27-2019, 11:27 PM   #1349
Special Member

Mar 2011

Picture wise about the same for me, the Sony does have the auto resolution setting which is nice but I wouldn't change for that. I got the X700 for the DV only
Old 02-28-2019, 03:12 AM   #1350
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011

Every time I pop into this thread I hear issues about freezing. I have only played a handful of UHD discs so far in my player which I got for Christmas but man, these posts make me real nervous. So far I haven't had any issues other than a hard freeze when I was going back and forth on a disc while playing with settings - that froze the player and I had to unplug it to reset it. I wonder if it's the discs, the players, or just the format that causes so many issues with stuttering? Maybe these players can't sustain such a high bitrate without drops/stuttering? That or a tiny spec of dust or a hairline scratch is enough to render a UHD disc useless due to picky players. Either way, that's not good for a new format.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:55 AM   #1351
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Denmark

What's the downside to leaving Dolby Vision turned on, even for movies without DV?
Old 02-28-2019, 12:37 PM   #1352
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroboy View Post
What's the downside to leaving Dolby Vision turned on, even for movies without DV?
It's been discussed a lot previously, but the short version is it's going to screw up the brightness and color balance.
Thanks given by:
Nitroboy (03-02-2019), Voltaire53 (02-28-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #1353

Jun 2012

I have a sony receiver that my x700 is plugged through. The receiver doesn’t have a dv feature only hdr and 4k pass through, my question is can it pass dv from the x700 to my dv enabled television?
Old 03-01-2019, 08:30 PM   #1354
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Woodstock Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globallove View Post
I have a sony receiver that my x700 is plugged through. The receiver doesnít have a dv feature only hdr and 4k pass through, my question is can it pass dv from the x700 to my dv enabled television?
I would just go straight to the TV with the 1 of the X700 outputs and use the second output for the sound to the receiver.

But to answer the question about the receiver, do a google search for your receiver model and see if it mentions it can pass the DV signal through. Good Luck.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #1355

Jun 2012

Thanks the google search really helped.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #1356
Special Member

Sep 2007
Connecticut
Send a message via Yahoo to tvine2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by russdornisch View Post
So I am having massive freezing issues with this player, and I am having it on multiple disks, some are brand new from wrapping to player. I looked up this issue online and it seems this is a widespread problem with this player. Sony knows about it and isn't doing anything. Am I missing anything such as fixes or things to change? Very frustrated as I am out of the return period and very disappointed with this, it makes movies unwatchable.
I was one of the lucky ones so far. There is a thing going on where manufacturers are doing products tampering.There is a class action law suit on Microsoft with the X-BOX .Before an update the product works great,then after the update the unit bricked and in some cases little things happened where the player doesn't perform quite the same as before. There is enough proof so it is in the courts. Sony is also accused of product tampering with there TV'S of a few years ago the 930 F or E doesn't perform like before the update. Colors are washed out etc and the TV looks like crap. Why would these companies do this to there customers? In the case of Microsoft they want you to upgrade to the X-BOX 1. In the case of Sony they want you to upgrade to a 2019 TV . I know many will say hog wash but Corporations these days have no moral center built in to there business model so they can do anything short of selling there own Mothers for profit. Guy's if your player or TV is performing the way it should don't do updates disconnect your player from the internet. This freezing issue in most cases happened after the Dolby Vision update and Sony doesn't seem interested in fixing it. They also have a new 4K blu-ray player coming out soon that looks just like the X800 but has Dolby Vision, but no HDR10+????
Old 03-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #1357
Special Member

Sep 2010
idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvine2000 View Post
I was one of the lucky ones so far. There is a thing going on where manufacturers are doing products tampering.There is a class action law suit on Microsoft with the X-BOX .Before an update the product works great,then after the update the unit bricked and in some cases little things happened where the player doesn't perform quite the same as before. There is enough proof so it is in the courts. Sony is also accused of product tampering with there TV'S of a few years ago the 930 F or E doesn't perform like before the update. Colors are washed out etc and the TV looks like crap. Why would these companies do this to there customers? In the case of Microsoft they want you to upgrade to the X-BOX 1. In the case of Sony they want you to upgrade to a 2019 TV . I know many will say hog wash but Corporations these days have no moral center built in to there business model so they can do anything short of selling there own Mothers for profit. Guy's if your player or TV is performing the way it should don't do updates disconnect your player from the internet. This freezing issue in most cases happened after the Dolby Vision update and Sony doesn't seem interested in fixing it. They also have a new 4K blu-ray player coming out soon that looks just like the X800 but has Dolby Vision, but no HDR10+????
can you show the link where Microsoft is being sued over the update you said. have not heard of this one. thanks.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #1358
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by russdornisch View Post
Yea I am thinking about picking up the LG UBK90 and bitting the bullet on this damn player...
FWIW I had the LG UBK90 and had non stop freezing problems with that player. Exchanged it for the Phillips bdp-7502. Been a happy customer ever since!
Old 03-03-2019, 12:19 AM   #1359
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2007
Tucson, Az USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Every time I pop into this thread I hear issues about freezing. I have only played a handful of UHD discs so far in my player which I got for Christmas but man, these posts make me real nervous. So far I haven't had any issues other than a hard freeze when I was going back and forth on a disc while playing with settings - that froze the player and I had to unplug it to reset it. I wonder if it's the discs, the players, or just the format that causes so many issues with stuttering? Maybe these players can't sustain such a high bitrate without drops/stuttering? That or a tiny spec of dust or a hairline scratch is enough to render a UHD disc useless due to picky players. Either way, that's not good for a new format.
Not to add insult to injury, but I wanted to chime in on the freezing issue. Iíve had my X700 for 6 months now and havenít had any issues w/freezing. Not one. Iíve never had it connected to Internet as Iíve always used the tvís internal apps for streaming.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:43 AM   #1360
Special Member

Apr 2013

Have had my since last June and itís been a almost daily workhorse. I have only experienced two issues with 4K discs, once last night when it stuttered at the 2 hour mark in 2001 and once during A Quiet Place during the red lights portion. I could not repeat these minor errors as those problem areas played fine after a restart. Iíve encountered no issues playing Blus. I have not played a DVD at this time.

FYI Iím not DV capable and it is wired connected to the internet (donít really know why as I donít use the apps)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 4K Ultra HD > 4K Ultra HD Players, Hardware and News