Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4)
$89.94
17 hrs ago
Call Of Cthulhu (PS4)
$30.94
16 hrs ago
Devil May Cry 5 (PS4)
$49.90

XCOM 2 Collection (PS4)
$19.99

Metro Exodus (PS4)
$39.60

LEGO DC Super-Villains (PS4)
$19.99

Persona 5 (PS4)
$19.99

LEGO Marvel Collection (PS4)
$39.99

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4)
$49.99

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
$36.98

God of War (PS4)
$29.98

Rocket League (PS4)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 04-21-2019, 01:55 PM   #6421
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
EDIT: UPDATE

Dartfrog, for Xing, I'm at the big frog
[Show spoiler] gate across the bridge, and there are two totems of even more drum icons to activate in order to unlock. I thought the 2nd drum puzzle was it, but now seeing this, I'm overwhelmed by this puzzle and had to take a break from the game for now. It's a unique puzzle set up, but waiting for the orb and coconuts to stop bouncing to see what happens is a bit time consuming. I figured out the last section by tossing a bunch of coconuts all at the drum and somehow it finally unlocked most of the totem, and for the last orange icon, I just tossed it directly at the icon in the water to unlock the 2nd puzzle. Then across the bridge and now there are two giant totems.
I'll have to try next chance I get, but it might be awhile. .
Is this where you are? (see attachment) If so, be sure to do the totem on the left first. Here is a link if you need a hint or solve. http://www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl/Wa..._3_english.htm.

This was a fun puzzle for me. It did take some time. I am sure I put in over two hours solving it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xing_333.jpg (72.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by dartfrog298; 04-21-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-21-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 02:22 AM   #6422
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Thanks for that guide Dartfrog. I've been on this stage a long time, and I really would like to advance to the next map, so I'll take a look at that guide for this last puzzle with the drums. It's clever, though I just find it to be a bit random as far as puzzle solving, where I want to have direct control over the pieces. In other words, I have no idea where the ball will bounce to next, so it seems random in that sense, and all these different icons. But yes, that guide will hopefully get me through it.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 03:21 AM   #6423
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:
Thanks for that guide Dartfrog. I've been on this stage a long time, and I really would like to advance to the next map, so I'll take a look at that guide for this last puzzle with the drums. It's clever, though I just find it to be a bit random as far as puzzle solving, where I want to have direct control over the pieces. In other words, I have no idea where the ball will bounce to next, so it seems random in that sense, and all these different icons. But yes, that guide will hopefully get me through it.
You have one more puzzle in map 2.
[Show spoiler]It was also a fun puzzle for me but took about an hour whereas the drums puzzle took well over two hours plus. Map three is my favorite although I still have not figured out the puzzle to get the last rune in that world
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 02:01 PM   #6424
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Nothing too exciting here. IMO

Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #6425
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Theater Room VR will hopefully arrive in the US and other countries beyond Japan soon. I'd like to watch movies in a theater with the PSVR, sitting in a theater seat of my choice.

Chair in a Room looks like it'll require Move puzzle solving, but looks interesting. I know Steedeel is looking forward to that one.

Dolphin VR looks interesting for the earth under water scenario.
Old Yesterday, 12:12 AM   #6426

Mar 2012
Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
You do realize Resident Evil 7 is VR compatible, right? Besides, there are plenty of diverse, high quality experiences on PSVR...

GT Sport - Racing Sim
Ace Combat 7 - Flight Combat Sim
Resident Evil 7 - Survival Horror
Farpoint - First Person Shooter
Astrobot Rescue Mission - Platformer
Skyrim VR - RPG
Wipeout VR - Combat Racing
Moss - Platform/Puzzle
Firewall Zero Hour - First Person Shooter
Doom VR - First Person Shooter
Beat Sabre - Rhythm Game
Tetris Effect - Puzzle
Eve Valkyrie - Space Combat Sim

Plus No Mans Sky VR is coming. Iron Man looks great. Five Nights At Freddie's looks creepy. I mean, what do you want?
Yes I do realize that. I own the game and it's absolutly fantastic. If this was the quality level on most of the VR games, i'd be superhappy! Yes som huge games have VR, but mostly a few levels only, made for VR. Tomb Raider...Ace kombat is only a few levels oo right?

And games like Doom VR is only shorter "showreel" like versions of their full 2D counterpart. Resident Evil 7, Windlands and The Cage diving demo is for now the far best VR experiences. I love them! But for VR to evolve and exist, we need more big spectacular titles like RE7. Or the whole thing is sadly gonna die out just like 3D movies.
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM   #6427
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

3D movies are hanging in there, no thanks to the manufacturers currently dropping the 3D feature on their HD TVs in 2017. But it's now mid 2019, 2 years later, and there are still blu ray 3D films being released in the US, but mostly in the UK and other countries like Germany for example. Aquaman 3D being a recent WB release here in the USA on blu ray 3D. The Marvel films in 3D are released regularly on blu ray 3D in the UK, etc.

On topic, I do agree that bigger adventure games will help VR.

The Persistence - Lengthy Action horror adventure game FPS
Skyrim VR - Full scale RPG adventure from Bethesda (PS3 game port)
RE7 VR
Megaton Rainfall is an open map adventure action game
Moss - Amazing HD graphics in PSVR
Astrobot
Xing is an adventure puzzle game that takes many hours to solve and complete
Preta - RPG adventure action game that spans many hours
Along Together Adventure puzzle game
Borderlands 2 VR with DLC soon, full size FPS action adventure

Persistence

[Show spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2l0AqoP7Nc&list=PLUZ2s9u2EVAWbvDbryd_W8vy MvuWJCAzP&index=22

New Xing Adventure game, which lasts 6+ hours

I would personally like to see more 3rd person action adventure games and open world games. Astrobot VR and Moss are my two favorite PSVR games and the graphics for each, very impressive.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #6428
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegærn View Post
Yes I do realize that. I own the game and it's absolutly fantastic. If this was the quality level on most of the VR games, i'd be superhappy! Yes som huge games have VR, but mostly a few levels only, made for VR. Tomb Raider...Ace kombat is only a few levels oo right?

And games like Doom VR is only shorter "showreel" like versions of their full 2D counterpart. Resident Evil 7, Windlands and The Cage diving demo is for now the far best VR experiences. I love them! But for VR to evolve and exist, we need more big spectacular titles like RE7. Or the whole thing is sadly gonna die out just like 3D movies.
That’s simply not true. VR is not about throwing regular AAA games out in VR. It’s about making a experience that can’t be replicated elsewhere. Sure, AAA games will play a part, but it’s all about immersion and experience in VR.

For me, the mixture has been fantastic.

Look at last year? Astrobot, Beat Sabre and Moss. Three smash hits and each one fully deserving of all the praise.
Beat Sabre has been the best seller in VR. Superhot has also been a huge hit, selling more copies in VR than the flat version. Why? Because it’s a unique experience in VR.

Other great games like The Persistence, To The Top, In Death, Deracine, Firewall, Wipeout, Red Matter, are a credit to the format.

No offence, but I find it tiresome when people moan about the lack of titles, or even the lack of AAA titles, when the truth is there are an embarrassment of riches.
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #6429
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Plus the fact that Mark Cerny in Wired Magazine in April 2019, just confirmed that Sony plans to implement internal support in the 2020 PS5 for the regular PSVR, and also plans to offer a PSVR2. That says a lot about the success of PSVR, that it wasn't just a phase but something Sony sees potential in.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #6430
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Plus the fact that Mark Cerny in Wired Magazine in April 2019, just confirmed that Sony plans to implement internal support in the 2020 PS5 for the regular PSVR, and also plans to offer a PSVR2. That says a lot about the success of PSVR, that it wasn't just a phase but something Sony sees potential in.
Yeah, great news.

This year more than any other, my heart has been warmed by the positives. Once you get past the idiots who pass for online journalists and silly meme-era nonsense, you start to realise that those rare intellectual articles painted a very true picture. Cut through the bullshit and you realise that VR is very much steady-as-it-goes. There are many exceptionally dedicated people who are passionate about making VR work. The inventiveness going on across all aspects of VR tech is great to see and some companies are starting to bare fruit.
VR is still a niche, but in my opinion it is a niche that is gaining momentum. Sony have backed the headset and in turn, that has ensured that us VR fans will fully back their future efforts. Software is making very good money I understand, all of a sudden we are seeing must own titles such as Astrobot, Beat Sabre, Firewall and Moss.
I have no doubt, Sony will ramp things up again come Q4 and there are already enough titles to get excited about.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #6431
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Yeah, it's great to see a number of clever games being offered as time continues for the system. For its first real mainstream effort for VR, the PSVR has accomplished a lot for the future of VR. It's a true VR experience even with some games having a lower resolution in contrast to higher resolution experiences like in much of Moss, where the graphics are sharp and detailed, not blurry and jagged.

I replayed some levels in Moss the other day, and wow, what an amazing looking PSVR game. Can't wait to hear some potential news of Moss part 2, possibly at E3 2019.

I wonder if we'll hear some new announcements for new PSVR games at E3 2019?
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #6432
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Yeah, it's great to see a number of clever games being offered as time continues for the system. For its first real mainstream effort for VR, the PSVR has accomplished a lot for the future of VR. It's a true VR experience even with some games having a lower resolution in contrast to higher resolution experiences like in much of Moss, where the graphics are sharp and detailed, not blurry and jagged.

I replayed some levels in Moss the other day, and wow, what an amazing looking PSVR game. Can't wait to hear some potential news of Moss part 2, possibly at E3 2019.

I wonder if we'll hear some new announcements for new PSVR games at E3 2019?
I think we will hear announcements.

Moss is incredible. The detail is off the charts.

I am going to have a quick session on Tetris Effect tonight. The last level is incredibly difficult but I came within 5 lines of finally completing it last time.

I have been distracted by Blackout on COD, but I must get some VR time in.
Old Today, 02:39 PM   #6433
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Enjoy Tetris Effect VR.
I do wish every PSVR game had the level of texture details and higher resolution of Moss. That game is definitely a shining example of what's possible in terms of graphics (and gameplay) for the PSVR.

Immortal Legacy got a good review but complaints about the limited Move control options that take a long time to get used to for one reviewer.

Dolphin game VR (forget the name) was said to have a super low resolution with blurry graphics in VR and repetitive gameplay, but generally not a bad game.
Old Today, 09:45 PM   #6434
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Enjoy Tetris Effect VR.
I do wish every PSVR game had the level of texture details and higher resolution of Moss. That game is definitely a shining example of what's possible in terms of graphics (and gameplay) for the PSVR.

Immortal Legacy got a good review but complaints about the limited Move control options that take a long time to get used to for one reviewer.

Dolphin game VR (forget the name) was said to have a super low resolution with blurry graphics in VR and repetitive gameplay, but generally not a bad game.
Thanks mate. Hopefully they will do a chapter 2. Surely it’s almost guaranteed.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4