Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
$49.94

Overwatch (Switch)
$24.99

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (Switch)
$24.99

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (Switch)
$27.75
2 hrs ago
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & The Secret Hideout (Switch)
$49.99

Collection of Mana (Switch)
$24.65

Sniper Elite 3 (Switch)
$26.00

Lego Jurassic World (Switch)
$19.99

Astral Chain (Switch)
$49.44

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (Switch)
$24.99

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Switch)
$49.99

Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
$26.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 11-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #541

Jan 2011
Hatfield, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticMutation View Post
Can you catch Growlithe in Sword? If yes, where?
They're in the wild area in sword.
They tend to come & go with the weather.
Check with serebii.net for locations.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:01 AM   #542

Aug 2019
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I just bread both Snorlax and Mr. Mine, expecting a Munchlax and Mime Jr. Both eggs hatched and it was a Snorlax and Mr. Mine. How in the hell do I get their pre-evolutions.

(In both cases, I bread with a Ditto)
Pre-evolutions introduced in Gen III or later require that the Pokémon hold an Incense item in order to breed for the pre-evolutions retroactively added to the series. I guess this is TPCi's way of rationalising why they weren't available in earlier generations (similarly to the more convoluted methods of evolution for Pokémon introduced in generations subsequent to their prior forms).

Budew, Wynaut, Munchlax, Mime Jr., Bonsly, and Mantyke will each need to be holding a specific incense item in order to breed them. If breeding with a Pokémon other than Ditto, the resultant offspring will correspond whatever species the mother is, so if you breed a female Mr. Mime with a male Snorlax, you will *always* end up with a Mime Jr. (if the mother is holding an Odd Incense), or a Mr. Mime (if not holding an Odd Incense).

However, pre-evolutions introduced in Generation II do not need their parents to be holding anything, so Pikachu and Clefairy can be bred without issue. Furthermore, Pokémon that are classified as a "Baby" cannot breed, so they must be evolved in order to attain sexual maturity. For the purposes of Sword/Shield, the babies are: Pichu, Togepi, Cleffa, Riolu, Wynaut, Budew, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Tyrogue, and Mantyke.

Last edited by SillyG; 11-27-2019 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:02 PM   #543
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Pokémon developer Game Freak has mysteriously removed Creatures Inc. from their company profile site.

Creatures Inc, who have been involved in the series since the start, were responsible for the controversial 3D models used in Sword & Shield

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...t-of-partners/
Old 12-09-2019, 11:42 PM   #544
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

First Nintendo game I've played in 5 years. First Pokemon game in maybe 15 years.

Enjoyed it, but I really wish there was some hidden hard mode, like a new game plus. Not much of a challenge difficulty wise.

Grabbed Shield cause I liked the unicorn better than the bird.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:20 AM   #545
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Pokémon developer Game Freak has mysteriously removed Creatures Inc. from their company profile site.

Creatures Inc, who have been involved in the series since the start, were responsible for the controversial 3D models used in Sword & Shield

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...t-of-partners/
Whose gonna make the new mons now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
First Nintendo game I've played in 5 years. First Pokemon game in maybe 15 years.

Enjoyed it, but I really wish there was some hidden hard mode, like a new game plus. Not much of a challenge difficulty wise.

Grabbed Shield cause I liked the unicorn better than the bird.
It’s the easiest game in the series, even easier than Let’s Go. You can pretty much get level up your starter to 50+ before going to the first gym. Find a few active Max Raid Dens, win, get experience candies, and level up fast.

The only way to really make the game hard is to go out of your way to not use any of the new mechanics. And even then, you’re still told which moves are effective against Pokémon you’ve already met once.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:01 AM   #546
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

I don't use the candies on my team. They are meant to catch up new catches with your team in my opinion and ruin the fun if used otherwise. If you don't use them the games are on the same difficulty level as others and maybe a tad higher because the League levels do spike up a little bit higher than most games.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:31 AM   #547
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Whose gonna make the new mons now?
It could be nothing or it could be something. We'll see how it plays out.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #548
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I don't use the candies on my team. They are meant to catch up new catches with your team in my opinion and ruin the fun if used otherwise. If you don't use them the games are on the same difficulty level as others and maybe a tad higher because the League levels do spike up a little bit higher than most games.
Did you read the part about the game telling you which moves are effective? That makes this game way easier than any of the previous ones.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:55 PM   #549
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
It could be nothing or it could be something. We'll see how it plays out.
Well considering Creatures Inc. owns 33.3% of Pokémon, it’s probably nothing.

There is a 3-way split in ownership of The Pokémon Company, with each party owning an equal 33.3% share of the company. The three owners are Nintendo Co. Ltd., Game Freak Inc., and Creatures Inc.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:37 PM   #550

Aug 2019
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
The game can be as hard as you make it out to be, really, so long as you're willing to impose limitations upon yourself.

But I would definitely prefer a Hard difficulty option as well.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:05 PM   #551
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Did you read the part about the game telling you which moves are effective? That makes this game way easier than any of the previous ones.
It's told you which moves are effective for a game or two now. Think this might be the third in in the series to do it.

Candies have always been there. People have been abusing misingno since day one to get unlimited candy lol

At least Rare Candy has a use once you hit 100 now. If you reach level 100 with a Pokemon that can still evolve you were stuck with the Pre evolved form, but now in Sword and Shield if you use a Rare Candy on it it will evolve even if it's reached level 100.

The truth is with exp share always on you don't need to use any candy at all and you don't even need to swap out Pokemon and you will always have a team strong enough to take out gyms. It would have been nice to have the option to turn it off.

I just love how easy they have made it to get tournament level Pokemon, I would never spend the amount of time it took to breed and EV train Pokemon in the old games but now it's easier than ever.

They have really screwed up the den raids though thanks to people abusing the system calendar to reset dens until they find the Gigantamax Pokemon they are looking for. The amount of raids I try joining that don't even exist is ridiculous.

I just ended up going offline and rolling the dens myself and soloing the ones I want. Level 100 max dynamax level Gyarados ends up with 688HP and walls pretty much everything, only trouble can be when the NPCs Pokemon get OHKO'd.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 AM   #552
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
That’s irrelevant because the type matchups are easy to remember and the vast majority of the people playing these games have been playing for years and already know the matchups. Most Pokemon are also very easily identifiable as a certain type just by looking at them so there is basically no impact from that.
Old Yesterday, 01:48 AM   #553
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
The amount of raids I try joining that don't even exist is ridiculous.
That’s due to idiots that do the time spoofing, not realizing they should do it while in local WiFi mode and not on the internet mode.

Doing it in local WiFi mode not only works faster, but it doesn’t piss anyone off and Nintendo can’t tell that you’re doing it (since you’re not connecting to their servers)
Old Today, 03:51 AM   #554

Aug 2019
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
At least Rare Candy has a use once you hit 100 now. If you reach level 100 with a Pokemon that can still evolve you were stuck with the Pre evolved form, but now in Sword and Shield if you use a Rare Candy on it it will evolve even if it's reached level 100.
I have been saying for a while that I hope they would introduce a new item to allow Lv. 100 Pokémon that evolve via level-up to be able to do so.

I wonder if Rare Candy works with Pokémon with unique evolution conditions, such as Inkay (I suppose turning the console/controller upside down while feeding the candy may suffice) or via happiness (I suppose they may still need to have max happiness in order for the Rare Candy to trigger evolution).

I can't really test it out as I'm not in the business of leveling up unevolved Pokémon to Lv. 100, :P though I have done that once with Porygon2 as I was raising it vis-a-vis with Porygon-Z on my team in Black 2. Porygon2 with Eviolite regularly took more beatings than its evolved brother.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch