Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
22 hrs ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
23 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Memoirs of a Geisha (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.35
1 day ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 06-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #1281

May 2020

What are the chances "Friendly Persuasion" ever gets a release? It has a fairly good reputation I believe and was nominated for 6 Academy Awards, including Best Picture. I'd love to add it to my collection.

I also often wonder about two guilty pleasures from the 90's, "Dennis the Menace" and "Clifford", in particular.

"The Hitcher" and "The Abyss" seem to be on so many want lists and it's sad to see that they are unlikely to be released as I love them both.

Also, are blu rays of Chinese titles just extremely rare? "Devils on the Doorstep", "Together", "Chinese Ghost Story", "For Fun", and several others would be immediate purchases for me if they ever came.

Oh, and "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors"!? Someone will release that right?

And lastly for now, is it likely that a company like Kino will pick-up "Murphy's War" with Peter O'Toole? I'd love to see that again.

Sorry to list so many. I'm new to the sight, and am shocked that so many great films are yet to be released. I'm not particularly a genre fan, but I'm extremely jealous at the preference they seem to be given by boutique labels.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:12 PM   #1282
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Sweden

I am waiting for 4K release of The Day After Tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:51 AM   #1283

Sep 2020

Would love to see Godfather soon.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:28 PM   #1284
Banned

Sep 2020

I am truly waiting for Fincher's "Panic Room" in 4K
Old 09-13-2020, 09:38 PM   #1285
Banned

Sep 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarFan007 View Post
I am truly waiting for Fincher's "Panic Room" in 4K
also Cameron's "The Abbys" and "True Lies"
Old 10-02-2020, 02:10 AM   #1286
Expert Member

Aug 2018

Hoping Marguerite Duras's, "India Song" is coming to Blu-ray in America which I think it's an essential film, even if I don't like the film personally. It just got a 2K restoration shown in French theaters a few months ago and the French Blu-ray is coming out next month but it's already Out of Stock. Hoping Criterion will pick this one up, especially since this was Michael Lonsdale's favorite role and he had a crush on Delphine Seyrig.

Also, "La Musica" and "Baxter, Vera Baxter" needs the Criterion treatment as well. Hell, just do the entire Marguerite Duras collection. None of her films have an English friendly DVD release and it's really hard to find or watch these films nowadays. So glad MUBI decided to show it for a while.

"Blood for Dracula" and "Flesh for Frankenstein" I would love to see a Blu-ray release and I don't care if Morrissey doesn't want to work on it. A DVD for these movies are so damn hard to find and I could spend those $50 on Blood for Dracula on Daughters of Darkness 4K instead.

"The Killer" and "Hard Boiled" should get a re-release soon and a Blu-ray debut with "Memories of Murder," all most likely by Criterion so I'm very excited for these movies (If it does happen).

"Image of Dorian Gray in the Press," "Joan of Arc of Mongolia," "Freak Orlando," "Madame X: An Absolute Ruler," and other Ottinger needs that Blu-ray release. Especially since their recent Metrograph screenings, which I was lucky enough to see, looked like they were restored and little to no scratches or dirt was shown on it. Really hope these ones come out because they're seriously good movies and I hate it when companies waste or don't use the 4K or 2K restorations sometimes, especially towards these films but I don't know if they're 2K or 4K, but they look like somebody cleaned them up real good.

My list of wants can go on, Aloise, Coup De Torchon, Amateur, etc. But I'll leave these ones here for now but I hope these companies will release many of these eventually.

Hoping Criterion Channel will do an Ottinger collection or Duras collection since they've been releasing big collections by women filmmakers.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:25 PM   #1287
Expert Member

Dec 2020

I am waiting for a release of the old New World Pictures cut of "Godzilla 1985" which while cutting a lot of the story of the main characters and throwing in incompetent and unnecessary US Military personnel + Raymond Burr and changing the Soviet boat captain to launch instead of try to stop the nuke, had some good changes to the boat scene at the start to make it much more horror and scream added as Godzilla falls into the volcano at the end is just *chefs kiss*.

I'm aware EBay has Polish region free bootlegs but I want legit ones.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:02 PM   #1288

Jan 2021
Spain

Hi everyone,

Here are the titles -so far- I'd like to be released (internationally, not region-locked and with different language options):

-Sabrina 1995, starring Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond. I know there's a German BD, but it's only German audio. Whoever releases it region-free and with nice language options will take my money.

-Sliding Doors, starring Gwyneth Paltrow. Again, there are some BD releases, but they're very limited as far as language options go or are region-locked.

-Where the Heart Is, starring Natalie Portman and Ashley Judd. So far, it's only region A, I think. The DVD I own is not even widescreen. What can I say, I love feel-good movies. Currently waiting for my BD of While you were sleeping to be delivered from Australia. Gosh, it's taking forever. Had to be shipped twice and I ordered it on December 20th.

-Emma 1995, starring Gwyneth Paltrow: The Spanish BD release, which is readily available for me is bordering on the bootleg. An example of a title that does have a BD release but is very poor quality to even consider buying.

Although they've been officially released, only limited editions of some titles were made and now cost an arm and a leg to own.
The National Treasure bundles are increasingly harder to find or getting more and more expensive.

I'd also love that manufacturers would use region logos and made relevant information clearly visible on the back cover. EU releases do, but with US ones it depends. Something else: distinction between Spanish LA and Castilian Spanish.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:32 AM   #1289

Jan 2017
-
-

The Boys Club (1996) it has the late Chris Penn.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:11 AM   #1290

Mar 2021

Waiting for A Clockwork Orange in 4K. I'm pretty sure it's coming out this year I just don't know when this year :/
Old 06-18-2021, 12:30 AM   #1291

Jun 2021
The Wood Between the Worlds

Jigoku, Onibaba, Spirit of the Beehive, Street of Shame and Stray Dog were all released by Criterion as DVDs, long long ago, in the dim and distant beforetimes. I still keep peer excitedly at the announcements of new Criterion releases on Blu-ray, each and every month, in faint but steadfast hope that, one day soon, I'll finally be able to retire my old discs of same for shiny new BRs...
Old 08-29-2021, 04:36 AM   #1292

Jul 2021

is menace 2 society criterion coming to region B ?
Old 08-29-2021, 06:24 PM   #1293

May 2021
-
-
-

I can't bring myself to get anything shot on 70mm on regular Blu-ray, now that 4K Blu-ray exists, even though I'm sure they'll look great. In particular I'm still holding out for The Sound of Music, The Master, and The Hateful Eight.

...There are plenty of applicable films that don't start with the word "The," of course.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:47 PM   #1294

Nov 2021
San Diego, CA

I totally understand people pining for "spectacle" and other visually-oriented films to be released on BD/4k, but I'm kinda surprised at the number of posts from people waiting for BD releases for movies that aren't really "big screen" material.

I see a lot of movies in this thread that are basically character-driven indie films. Heck, more than a few of them weren't even shot on film - they were shot on video!

What am I missing that's got folks holding out for a BD release of a british drama with five people in costumes talking in the den?
Old 01-05-2022, 03:19 AM   #1295
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2022
Ontario, Canada

Has Kurosawa's Dersu Uzala ever been released on BD anywhere? If not that's a huge oversight.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion