Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Romeo and Juliet (Blu-ray)
$21.50
9 hrs ago
12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
20 hrs ago
The Fisher King 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
17 hrs ago
Triangle of Sadness 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.54
1 day ago
Secret Admirer (Blu-ray)
$17.99
9 hrs ago
Jet Li Double Feature: The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Seventh Seal 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.50
1 day ago
The Lukas Moodysson Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Red Eye 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 02-08-2016, 08:08 PM   #1

Jul 2014
UK
Default Blu-ray.com Website Problem e.g. Pages not Loading

I have this intermittent problem with the following websites: https://www.blu-ray.com/ and https://forum.blu-ray.com/. Every time I try to load one of these sites it either hangs indefinitely or loads but with no embedded images or videos. Sometimes I'll restart my browser and clear cookies using CCleaner and it'll load fine. Other times it'll just hang again. Keeping cookies for the site doesn't work either. This problem started around the 31st Jan / 1st Feb. From the 3rd to the 4th Feb the site worked 100% fine e.g. would load perfectly every time. But since Friday it's been buggy again. I don't seem to have issues with other websites.

I did alter some things to my computer to speed up the network around the end of last month, just before the problems transpired. I disabled autotuning, removed RDC and disabled IPv6 as instructions said on this website: http://www.sysprobs.com/windows-7-network-slow. However I turned all these features back on.

I've tried everything to fix this, including disabling Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Firewall, Adblocker (in IE add-ons) and Pop-up Blocker. I've tried flushing the DNS Cache, changing the DNS Servers, and rebooting the router. I also ran this program to look for the best DNS Servers: https://code.google.com/archive/p/namebench/ Not sure if this would cause any problems? I've used this site: http://downforme.org/ to check if the sites are down, but they are always up and running. I've ran Esnet Nod32 and Malwarebytes and everything is clean. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system info:

Windows 7 64 Bit
Web Browsers: IE 11 and Firefox 44.0
Virus & Spyware Protection: Esnet Nod32 Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SpywareBlaster
Old 02-08-2016, 08:10 PM   #2
Banned

Aug 2015
Thanos Cock

I have this happen all the time too. I have to close my browser and reopen to get the pages to fully load. Doesn't matter if it's on my iPhone or iPad or Mac, all the pages hang every couple of refreshes.
Thanks given by:
Dugpa2012 (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 08:20 PM   #3

Jul 2014
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
I have this happen all the time too. I have to close my browser and reopen to get the pages to fully load. Doesn't matter if it's on my iPhone or iPad or Mac, all the pages hang every couple of refreshes.
That's a relief as I thought something was wrong with my computer. I thought I'd broke something in my network settings. How long have you had the problems for? Things have been buggy on the site since the 1st Feb for me. Can any mods chime in on this?
Old 02-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #4
Banned

Aug 2015
Thanos Cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugpa2012 View Post
That's a relief as I thought something was wrong with my computer. I thought I'd broke something in my network settings. How long have you had the problems for? Things have been buggy on the site since the 1st Feb for me. Can any mods chime in on this?
The last two weeks, at least. I at first thought it was my internet connection but other pages loaded fine even in the same browser.
Thanks given by:
Dugpa2012 (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
California

I haven't had any pages that failed to load images or anything. But for the last few weeks or so, I've noticed that the little green circular loading symbol . . .

. . . will spin for a long time, even while the page has appeared to fully load. Strangely, it doesn't do it on the main site or when I go to reviews. Only on forum pages.

EDIT: And I see this at the bottom of my screen the entire time it's spinning. Perhaps it's an issue with whatever site that is?

And sometimes "Connecting to www.google-analytics.com" before that.

Last edited by Michael24; 02-11-2016 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:39 PM   #6
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

I haven't experienced any problems with the site recently. No issues with pages loading. Hmm.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #7

Oct 2014
Default BR Boxed sets pages not loading

Can someone advise how to get in touch with a webmaster or administrator that can correct broken links? On the left side is a catagory titled BR Boxed Sets Database. Opening any page there are page numbers at the bottom as well as a "NEXT" button. Clicking on another page or on the NEXT icon produces an error indicating "NO SUCH PAGE"

This has been non operational for many months.

Can someone guide me? I attempted to send an email to webmaster@blu-ray.com and it was not accepted or delivered....

Thank you; am just trying to see the entire database!!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #8
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Alan Hoover View Post
Can someone advise how to get in touch with a webmaster or administrator that can correct broken links? On the left side is a catagory titled BR Boxed Sets Database. Opening any page there are page numbers at the bottom as well as a "NEXT" button. Clicking on another page or on the NEXT icon produces an error indicating "NO SUCH PAGE"

This has been non operational for many months.

Can someone guide me? I attempted to send an email to webmaster@blu-ray.com and it was not accepted or delivered....

Thank you; am just trying to see the entire database!!
The Site Improvements thread that you posted in yesterday is probably the best way. Your post there should be seen by a developer that can fix the issue.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #9

Jul 2014
UK

Hey Groot. How's the site been for you recently? It's been working fine for me for around three days now.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:33 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
UK

Is your ISP PlusNet by any chance?

They have been having issues with content that is located at hwcdn.net, of which Blu-ray.com have images etc. on their CDN.

The issue should be ok now.
Thanks given by:
Dugpa2012 (02-13-2016)
Old 02-13-2016, 09:17 PM   #11

Jul 2014
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-UK View Post
Is your ISP PlusNet by any chance?

They have been having issues with content that is located at hwcdn.net, of which Blu-ray.com have images etc. on their CDN.

The issue should be ok now.
Yeah I'm with PlusNet. Wouldn't of guessed it was a problem with my ISP. Thanks for clearing that up for me Tech.
Thanks given by:
Tech-UK (02-13-2016)
Old 02-13-2016, 11:13 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
UK

No problem.

Their forum is a great resource.

Here is the specific thread that deals with the issue, and as you can see, the thread is a few pages long:

http://community.plus.net/forum/inde...,148159.0.html
Thanks given by:
Dugpa2012 (02-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2022, 03:49 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Chicago IL

does anyone know it keeps saying page unresponsive ? freezing with a popup to wait or exit page .
Old 04-15-2022, 06:57 PM   #14

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa5150 View Post
does anyone know it keeps saying page unresponsive ? freezing with a popup to wait or exit page .
Oh wow I thought it was just my computer doing that for some reason. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:01 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Chicago IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyWhoLovesMovies View Post
Oh wow I thought it was just my computer doing that for some reason. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem.
It started up again after months of being fine . Anyone getting the page is unresponsive again (wait or leave page) ?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion