Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99
 
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99
 
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
22 hrs ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
23 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
The Conjuring Universe 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Memoirs of a Geisha (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.35
1 day ago
48 Hrs. / Another 48 Hrs. 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2022, 03:10 AM   #1
kuzronk kuzronk is offline
Power Member
 
kuzronk's Avatar
 
Oct 2016
Australia
170
1161
112
Default Question about different countries releases

Funimation in Australia releases their title with an Australian sticker or cardboard rating over the top of the American release, are they meant to be two entries here? An example

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 03:27 AM   #2
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
8
507
816
18
25
Default

Yes. Each region should have its own entry for the movie or TV Show.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:52 AM   #3
Superemail Superemail is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2019
Sweden
5
4
809
284
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Yes. Each region should have its own entry for the movie or TV Show.
It only counts if the country (in this case Australia) have a unique UPC/EAN I assume? Otherwise it is just an import with a sticker on it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:34 AM   #4
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
8
507
816
18
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superemail View Post
It only counts if the country (in this case Australia) have a unique UPC/EAN I assume? Otherwise it is just an import with a sticker on it?
Well I think for instance the U.S. and Canada entries are the exact same thing except for like when Canada puts a title with French text on the cover or Canada has a different Studio releasing it there over the U.S.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 12:47 PM   #5
Superemail Superemail is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2019
Sweden
5
4
809
284
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Well I think for instance the U.S. and Canada entries are the exact same thing except for like when Canada puts a title with French text on the cover or Canada has a different Studio releasing it there over the U.S.
When it is a different studio or different packaging it is one thing. Then it should defiently be it's own release. But in the above case it is just the sticker which differ the two identical discs.

Is the Australian "release" really a release which happens to have the same UPC as the US disc or is it just an import with a PG sticker for parental guide purposes which is really the US version?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:05 PM   #6
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
8
507
816
18
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superemail View Post
When it is a different studio or different packaging it is one thing. Then it should defiently be it's own release. But in the above case it is just the sticker which differ the two identical discs.

Is the Australian "release" really a release which happens to have the same UPC as the US disc or is it just an import with a PG sticker for parental guide purposes which is really the US version?
The U.S./Canada UPC for that Essentials release is 704400020490. I have no way to see what the Australian UPC or EAN is on that particular title. But the Australian release should be the same. So should be the exact same thing.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Superemail (07-11-2022)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:28 AM.