Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Nun (Blu-ray)
$22.99
11 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
11 hrs ago
Freedom Fighters: The Ray (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
6 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 hr ago
First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.45
13 hrs ago
Mamma Mia! (Blu-ray)
$6.99
21 hrs ago
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #121
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)

I picked this up last week and I still need to watch it yet.

I need to stop buying newer movies and re-watching older movies instead of the newer ones that I've been buying.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #122

Apr 2009
Massachusetts

I watched. its cheesy. Similar to Luc Besson's late films. a lot of action not much else.

but then there isnt many space sci-fi films in the last decade. I love the genre so I watch everything good or bad. For me the last great space sci-fi was The Moon. Swiss film Cargo was also great.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:59 AM   #123
Power Member

Feb 2007
Union County NJ

Sorry for the delay. This is untouched and that double lettering is the way it looks.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #124
Expert Member

May 2008

I rented this and really enjoyed it. You can tell they were on a budget but they did what they could. Guy Pearce should definitely be a bigger star than he is, does anyone know if he just is choosing not to be or is he just picking the wrong roles???

He seems like he could be a very big action star
Old 08-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #125

Jul 2011
Marshalltown, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluballs31 View Post
I rented this and really enjoyed it. You can tell they were on a budget but they did what they could. Guy Pearce should definitely be a bigger star than he is, does anyone know if he just is choosing not to be or is he just picking the wrong roles???

He seems like he could be a very big action star
I think he just chooses whatever he finds interesting regardless if it's Theatrical or DTV. I never would have thought that he'd be a good Action star but this film proved to me that he could be, I'm interested to see if he chooses other roles like this one.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #126
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

I didn't know this was a remake of Escape from New York. Guy Pearce does a pretty fun Snake Plissken, but I think the film suffers from a lack of development in it's direction and/or editing. The special effects were a little suprising, but also a little too cheesy in parts:
[Show spoiler]parachute landing, motorcycle chase
. If MPAA rated, I suspect this cut would get a PG13 too, as I don't recall anything remotely graphic enough for an R. Promiscuity was non-existent in the story itself, and the action wasn't defined by gore.

Quote:
Sorry for the delay. This is untouched and that double lettering is the way it looks.
It's not that uncommon to see mis-aligned artwork on discs. By that picture it looks like they might have been running low on ink as well. The disc I purchased has much richer colors and the lettering around the edge is clearly legible despite being a low-contrast, deep creme color, the same color as the BD logo in your pic.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #127
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumber View Post
Each trailer I saw for this, it was full widescreen. No black bars. Now the specs say 2.40:1 AR, why do studios do this? seriously?
Reformating film trailers (and films) to fit the more narrow confines of consumer displays has been done forever. Before dvd and widescreen displays, it was standard practice. Trailers were never shown in the films OAR at home. Today, it's also not uncommon to use the same trailer for theatrical previews to save time and money. So, I'm not sure what's so surprising here, unless you're just now taking enough interest in cinema to notice these things.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #128

Nov 2012
United Kingdom UK version poor PQ

Quick note about the UK EiV version, it's really quite terrible. Some appalling colour banding, particularly in space scenes, caused me to look up reviews and, finding that most suggested the US release is reference quality, I ordered an American copy and the difference between the two is like night and day. Avoid the UK version at all costs.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #129
Banned

Nov 2012
Independant State of Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger pete View Post
Quick note about the UK EiV version, it's really quite terrible. Some appalling colour banding, particularly in space scenes, caused me to look up reviews and, finding that most suggested the US release is reference quality, I ordered an American copy and the difference between the two is like night and day. Avoid the UK version at all costs.
Rubbish, they look virtually identical.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #130
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Just watched this movie yesterday and loved it.
Guy Pearce acting was excellent. Maggie was good too.
Guy was really funny.
4.5/5
Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #131

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fet Nite13 View Post
Here is the Canadian Slipcover...The 'Lockout' letters are embossed. Not sure if there's an unrated version though..

I guess my first post I tried posting didn't go through because I was a new member, but I just bought this cheap, also here in Canada and watched it while I did a comparison over at Movie-Censorship, and it looks like we DO in fact have the unrated cut on our discs. I was worried when I saw there was an "Unrated" edition in the US and couldn't find any info on our Canadian release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fet Nite13 View Post
Wow..so I just popped this movie in and the Canadian version has absolutely no special features nor does it have the Unrated version. I feel ripped off...Then again, it is Alliance....
Lack of special features for sure, but it is def the Unrated version on our Canadian release. Not sure what movie you watched, or what you compared it to.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #132
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
UK

I really wanted this one to be good but it isnt unfortunately

Its only a little bit like Escape From New York - and its nowhere near as good of course.

Was OK for a rental but I certainly wouldnt buy it.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #133
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulMouff View Post
Lack of special features for sure, but it is def the Unrated version on our Canadian release. Not sure what movie you watched, or what you compared it to.
Are you sure?

Did you compare it to the list of changes in the link below? I believe Canada got the PG-13 rating or in Canada PG-14. Which it clearly lists on the back. Not Unrated. The length of the film is the same but it appears to have been censored in Canada for some odd reason.

Please view the comparisons below and confirm for certain, thanks!

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=275377
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #134
Banned

Aug 2011

Got to be one of the dumbest movies ever made. Can anyone tell me how is it possible to jump out of a space station in ORBIT and fall down to Earth? Everyone involved with this movie is braindead.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #135
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Great White North

Well this is the future, so I just assumed these were like escape suits, designed to do just that. Star Trek did the exact same thing.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #136
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Ol' Harlem, Not New Harlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Well this is the future, so I just assumed these were like escape suits, designed to do just that. Star Trek did the exact same thing.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2
Stark did it too in Avengers. Apparently, there's gravity in space.

I liked this movie. I wouldn't buy it but I've seen it 2x on Netflix.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #137
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_from_da_80s View Post
Stark did it too in Avengers. Apparently, there's gravity in space.

I liked this movie. I wouldn't buy it but I've seen it 2x on Netflix.
Yeah, no one ever mentions explosions in space. Its a vacuum ... NO sound. But I can only think of a handful of Sci-Fi films that actually abide by the laws of physics. So in all fairness, I didn't see anything in this film that any other Sci-Fi film hasn't tried to pull off. It's all good, like with most Sci-Fi you have to suspend disbelief and enjoy the ride.

I actually thought it was an above average B film. So as long as you know what to expect, you should enjoy yourself. If you hate B films in general, you probably won't like this film.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #138
Banned

Aug 2011

Facepalm to all of these comments. Stark? Escape suits? B movies?

First of all, a B movie doesn't have to be stupid, most aren't. Second, Stark went straight up into space, so of course he would come down and be fine so long as his suit had no leaks. And what do escape suits have to do with anything?

Do you guys realise a simple kindergarten physics fact, that if you step out of an orbiting spacecraft, you will orbit the Earth along with it. Not fall down to Earth!

Everyone in production should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #139
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagysaudio View Post
Facepalm to all of these comments. Stark? Escape suits? B movies?

First of all, a B movie doesn't have to be stupid, most aren't. Second, Stark went straight up into space, so of course he would come down and be fine so long as his suit had no leaks. And what do escape suits have to do with anything?

Do you guys realise a simple kindergarten physics fact, that if you step out of an orbiting spacecraft, you will orbit the Earth along with it. Not fall down to Earth!

Everyone in production should be ashamed of themselves.
Or you could just let it go and stop worrying about a movie you hated. I enjoyed the movie and later bought it. I was entertained and don't care if anyone fell down to Earth from the Space Station.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #140
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
Or you could just let it go and stop worrying about a movie you hated. I enjoyed the movie and later bought it. I was entertained and don't care if anyone fell down to Earth from the Space Station.
Anyway, wasn't the station headed towards Earth? So wouldn't anyone leaving the station have the same trajectory? But I agree, I was entertained, and didn't waste my time worrying about things like that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America