Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men: Apocalypse 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
The Book of Life 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.99
11 hrs ago
Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.99
11 hrs ago
Life of Pi 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.99
11 hrs ago
$14.99

I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.00
1 hr ago
Ready Player One 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.95

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.99
2 hrs ago
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Maze 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.72

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 11-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #14121
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Solo is on the mild side, Tomb Raider is on the mild side...Stalingrad is now officially in my top 3 reference titles
Old 11-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #14122
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2011
Dryland

There you go I've bumped the main thread for you!
Old 11-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #14123
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

I'm taking my views over here
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...=238168&page=3

Since it seems that in here I'm the only one to feel that Sralingrad gets 5 stars for 3D quality
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (Yesterday)
Old 11-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #14124
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2011
Dryland

That would be preferable from my perspective too
Old 11-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #14125

Feb 2015
London, England

Only one scene in Stalingrad sticks in my memory as having impressive 3D, but my overriding memory is disappointment at the lack of pop-outs.

After switching Pixies off after 4 minutes due to a weak opening (I wasn't in the mood for anything with zero pop-outs) I watched the much more impressive Dinosaurs Alive!

Thanks given by:
infiniteCR (Yesterday), levcore (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 06:26 PM   #14126
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Only one scene in Stalingrad sticks in my memory as having impressive 3D, but my overriding memory is disappointment at the lack of pop-outs.
I think everybody should watch the bonus features to get a glimpse of how this movie was shot with 3D in mind. This is not simply about pop outs or the lack thereof, but rather how this team brought something so visually stunning, combined with an amazing story and overall concept.
Thanks given by:
GreatGreg (Today), robtadrian (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 07:21 PM   #14127
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

I watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and forgot how great the 3D is!

Itís already a visually interesting film and the 3D really enhances it. Good depth, objects flying at and out of the screen. Thereís one scene where itís raining and it appeared that the rain was falling in front of the TV. Looking forward to seeing the sequel in 3D sometime in the next week. I only wish that the U.S. got the IMAX 3D version.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM   #14128

Nov 2012
Default Out of Inferno 3D

After months of stalking this title, I finally bit.

CF00B2BD-EBD7-441E-8466-26F510F13E4B.jpg
Thanks given by:
the13thman (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:02 AM   #14129
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Flyer View Post
Watched Vikingdom from Amazon Germany. Very violent, with some good 3d. Low budget but fun to watch. Not certain my wife would like it, but I did. It came out 2013 and you can select English or German .
Is this one not an autoconversion? I just assumed it was.
Old Yesterday, 02:10 AM   #14130
Special Member

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSM101 View Post

Attachment 212023
Good find, that title is getting harder to find, glad i got this before it went Out of Print.
Thanks given by:
CSM101 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:10 AM   #14131
Special Member

Dec 2013

This week i watched two films in 3D and those films were:

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Fun movie, really enjoyed the movie, was very surprised by this movie, very funny IMO, as for the 3D, the 3D is very nice, a bit restrained at times, but this would be rewatchable in 3D more than in 2D, i don't think i would enjoyed this movie as much if it was in 2D, i wish they could of pushed out the 3D a little bit more with this film, glad this movie got a blu ray 3D release internationally.

The Meg: Fun popcorn movie, although i wish they didn't tone down the violence in this movie, as for the 3D, i agree about the 3D on this film, it is definitely one of the best non-Disney 3D conversions, where the 3D really works best in the underwater scenes, i find the 3D in the underwater scenes in this film to far better than the underwater scenes in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, even when the characters aren't underwater and are inside the 3D has some really nice layers, separation is also very good as well, a great 3D conversion by Legend3D (who also converted Alpha, and that movie had fantastic 3D, shame it has no blu ray 3D release), glad this came out on blu ray 3D in the U.S., this is a movie that would watch again in 3D.
Thanks given by:
filmbuffTX (Today), infiniteCR (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #14132
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2017

Watched:

crap all round.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #14133
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSM101 View Post

Attachment 212023
Hi csm

Sorry it took you a while to find a copy. I've been trying too.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM   #14134

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biss Skyler Bluray View Post
The Meg: Fun popcorn movie, although i wish they didn't tone down the violence in this movie, as for the 3D, i agree about the 3D on this film, it is definitely one of the best non-Disney 3D conversions, where the 3D really works best in the underwater scenes, i find the 3D in the underwater scenes in this film to far better than the underwater scenes in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, even when the characters aren't underwater and are inside the 3D has some really nice layers, separation is also very good as well, a great 3D conversion by Legend3D (who also converted Alpha, and that movie had fantastic 3D, shame it has no blu ray 3D release), glad this came out on blu ray 3D in the U.S., this is a movie that would watch again in 3D.
Spot on. The Meg is shamefully bloodless but entertaining nonetheless and the 3D is excellent. Shamefully restrained with the pop-outs, true, but the depth and separation in all those corridors and submersibles really makes all the difference. I can't imagine how much worse an experience I would have had watching this flat in 2D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
I think everybody should watch Stalingrad's bonus features to get a glimpse of how this movie was shot with 3D in mind. This is not simply about pop outs or the lack thereof, but rather how this team brought something so visually stunning, combined with an amazing story and overall concept.
I can almost forgive conversions like The Meg but the lack of pop-outs in a natively shot 3D movie is always a missed opportunity for me. I put Stalingrad in the same category as Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirjunkie View Post
Is this one not an autoconversion? I just assumed it was.
Vikingdom looks too good to be an autoconversion.

Last edited by the13thman; Yesterday at 09:48 PM. Reason: killing a few birds with one stone
Thanks given by:
Biss Skyler Bluray (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM   #14135
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
I'm taking my views over here
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...=238168&page=3

Since it seems that in here I'm the only one to feel that Sralingrad gets 5 stars for 3D quality
You're not alone Rocky. I'm with you on the five stats for 3D.
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #14136
Special Member

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Spot on. The Meg is shamefully bloodless but entertaining nonetheless and the 3D is excellent. Shamefully restrained with the pop-outs, true, but the depth and separation in all those corridors and submersibles really makes all the difference. I can't imagine how much worse an experience I would have had watching this flat in 2D.

I can almost forgive conversions like The Meg but the lack of pop-outs in a natively shot 3D movie is always a missed opportunity for me. I put Stalingrad in the same category as Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai.

Vikingdom looks too good to be an autoconversion.
I agree about the lack of pop outs in The Meg, I wish that were some pop outs, I enjoyed the 3D in The Meg more than the 3D in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, i just felt the 3D in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is very lackluster IMO.
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #14137
Special Member

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi csm

Sorry it took you a while to find a copy. I've been trying too.
Well, i got really lucky getting a copy of Out of Inferno before it went Out of Print, like i said before that title is getting harder to find, hope you find a copy.
Old Today, 12:25 AM   #14138
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biss Skyler Bluray View Post
Well, i got really lucky getting a copy of Out of Inferno before it went Out of Print, like i said before that title is getting harder to find, hope you find a copy.
Hi Biss,

Thanks and hope so. There is one selling for $70 and another for over a hundred. Will not pay that much for one I had not seen.
Old Today, 12:35 AM   #14139

Sep 2012
London, UK

Ha ha I rented Stalingrad when Lovefilm was still around, the movie was so boring and the acting so bad that I did not finish it. I don't remember the 3D being particularly good either, maybe it was in the part I didn't watch...
Old Today, 04:19 AM   #14140
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Just watched Mozart - Old City String Quartet. Beautiful music with wonderful 3D. Full depth with music stands and bows at times popping out of the screen.

Usually one can close his or her eyes and just listen. This is a performance which one doesn't because the combination of 3D and "on stage" 5.1 Dolby places one alongside the string quartet.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies