Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Dual (Blu-ray)
$16.59
3 hrs ago
The King's Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The French Dispatch (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Black Widow 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.06
11 hrs ago
Event Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96
1 day ago
Species 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

X (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Green Lantern: Beware My Power 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 09-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #21

Jun 2009
California

I concur with Good to Go. I want lossless sound (studio master quality) and high quality transfer and I'll also buy half of those, otherwise I won't be among the takers.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #22

May 2009
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskies2 View Post
When you say that New York's audio quality is "lossy," do you mean that it has poor audio quality?
Blu-Ray supposedly delivers not only HD picture but also HD sound. The fact that the New York Blu-Ray has "lossy" sound simply means that it has "DVD quality" sound which isn't bad if it was a DVD...but it's not, it's a Blu-Ray.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Evil_Dude View Post
Blu-Ray supposedly delivers not only HD picture but also HD sound. The fact that the New York Blu-Ray has "lossy" sound simply means that it has "DVD quality" sound which isn't bad if it was a DVD...but it's not, it's a Blu-Ray.
Of course, blu-ray is promoted and positioned to give quality expectations on both audio and video streams.

It appears that Eros and perhaps other Indian studios should work closely with a mjor Hollywood studio like Sony Pictures to learn about quality standards, guidelines and directions.

Sony is one of the best Hollywood studios keen on quality and also they have shown leadership in the industry by engaging customers and really applying feedback to improve quality guidelines of blu-ray productions. For example, recent surveys on audio and subtitle options and application of the outcome (after considering many factors) to improve future blu-ray releases.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Ohhhhhh when you guys said "lossy" i for some reason took it as HD lol.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #25

May 2009
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsarwar View Post
What will be fun to see is how they will do Kabhi Kabhi and Silsila since neither have digital negatives ..
Kabhi Kabhie has been digitally restored by Prasad EFX so that should not be a problem.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Evil_Dude View Post
Kabhi Kabhie has been digitally restored by Prasad EFX so that should not be a problem.
I happened to watch that film with my mom about a year ago... big mistake lol, that movie was soooo boring.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:49 AM   #27

Aug 2008

Both Kabhi Kabhie and Silisila are acknowledged to be the the best movies made by Yash Chopra. Would be fantastic discs to own if restored properly
Old 09-28-2009, 03:15 AM   #28

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moefiz View Post
Finally....Just a few that I would be picking up.
OMG I'd be picking up those exact titles too!!

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Dhoom 2
Veer Zaara
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge
Old 09-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008

I will get most of the Yash Raj movies. However, this time I will wait - I got my fingers burnt from the Eros blu-ray debacle.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:53 AM   #30

Jul 2009
San Francisco, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncguy View Post
Sony is one of the best Hollywood studios keen on quality and also they have shown leadership in the industry by engaging customers and really applying feedback to improve quality guidelines of blu-ray productions. For example, recent surveys on audio and subtitle options and application of the outcome (after considering many factors) to improve future blu-ray releases.

sony's track record cannot compare to that of disney. disney works with lowry digital, and has restored oldest of their titles to reference grade quality, while maintaining their current library with phenomenal transfers.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:01 AM   #31

Dec 2008

Everyone needs to remember that like others said, lossy audio is OKAY for now. We have to remember that India is a country that is still using VCD. The PQ of New York is phenomenal, and an additional DTS track was included (it peaked around 3 MBPS if I'm not mistaken). I, for one, will be purchasing Veer-Zara, Fana, Dostana, Dhoom 2, Bachna Ae Haseeno and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. If people don't buy the initial ones, these companies may just abandon Blu-ray all together.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #32

Jul 2009
San Francisco, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodior View Post
Everyone needs to remember that like others said, lossy audio is OKAY for now. We have to remember that India is a country that is still using VCD. The PQ of New York is phenomenal, and an additional DTS track was included (it peaked around 3 MBPS if I'm not mistaken). I, for one, will be purchasing Veer-Zara, Fana, Dostana, Dhoom 2, Bachna Ae Haseeno and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. If people don't buy the initial ones, these companies may just abandon Blu-ray all together.
abandoning bluray only means going back to it again in the future.

bluray has shown significant growth which beats the numbers of dvd's introductory days..

say what you may...these guys wont abandon bd.

and i refuse to buy any sub-par release...from any studio...let them learn their lesson, the hard way.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #33
Banned

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vveksuvarna View Post
sony's track record cannot compare to that of disney. disney works with lowry digital, and has restored oldest of their titles to reference grade quality, while maintaining their current library with phenomenal transfers.
Sony is a good as Disney. And you don't need Lowry to make top HD transfers. Lowry is helpful if you have big issues with the quality of your masters and need to do lots of restoration. For material in good shape you need no Lowry 'magic', just a competent transfer and as bonus some manual clean up work.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #34
Special Member

Aug 2007
Clermont-Ferrand, France
Send a message via MSN to TheTenth

no Dhoom 1? no Mohabbatein? no Hum Tum? no Koi mil gaya? how do they choose?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #35

Aug 2009
Scotland UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTenth View Post
I think after yash raj release the 10 blu rays they will release all their other films on blu ray in then near future!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #36

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munciple View Post
I think after yash raj release the 10 blu rays they will release all their other films on blu ray in then near future!
Looking forward to that. I love those titles.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #37

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTenth View Post
With Hindi films...it's all about biggest hits. When you ask Indians "have you seen Dhoom?" they'll say, "No, but I've seen Dhoom 2"...I think Yash Raj wants to release their biggest grossing first, because they know there's going to be more interest at first, but I'm sure they'll continue from there. It's all about hits in the industry.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
With Hindi films...it's all about biggest hits. When you ask Indians "have you seen Dhoom?" they'll say, "No, but I've seen Dhoom 2"...I think Yash Raj wants to release their biggest grossing first, because they know there's going to be more interest at first, but I'm sure they'll continue from there. It's all about hits in the industry.
lol You sure? I always thought many people have seen the first Dhoom. I know the sequel was a mega hit, but the first one wasn't that bad.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

In another thread, the member wjkoemar said that the Yash Raj Films blu-rays are being released on November 1st. Anybody know aything?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #40

Jul 2009
San Francisco, CA

Quote:
i agree...but hollywood isnt a angel either...the road warrier is on blu while madmax release is still unheard of..
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India