Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #81
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007

If you purchased the two hopping egg version be careful when removing the tape (they literally taped the egg carton to the slipcover). Even though I was careful and peeled the tape off slowly the adhesive is pretty strong and gave way taking part of the slipcover design with it.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #82
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011
Canoga Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
If you purchased the two hopping egg version be careful when removing the tape (they literally taped the egg carton to the slipcover). Even though I was careful and peeled the tape off slowly the adhesive is pretty strong and gave way taking part of the slipcover design with it.
Yeah, I said the same thing on the previous page. It's not a big space (on mine), but still....they knew better than that. And I was reeeeaaaally careful.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #83
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
KIC8462852

The hopping eggs edition is out-of-print? So glad I pre-ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Mine has not arrived, but I plan to just cut the tape and let it stay on the slip, I can live with that.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #84
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelgeek View Post
Yeah, I said the same thing on the previous page. It's not a big space (on mine), but still....they knew better than that. And I was reeeeaaaally careful.
Thanks. Somehow I missed that post.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #85
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Bought my hopping eggs set at Target.

I peeled the tape off and nothing came off the slipcover *thank god* but the DVD was loose and is littered with scratches.

Guess I'll be exchanging it since my cousins watch the DVD's when I babysit.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:11 AM   #86
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

UPS just delivered my copy from Amazon with the two eggs and saw how it was taped to the slip. Peeled it off slowly and and nothing came off, whew!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #87
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012

I blind bought this title at BBY. I was a little saddened to see that the hopping eggs only came with the 2D and not 3D. I'll probably end up watching it tonight or tomorrow. $24.99 for the 3D isn't a bad price for a new release.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #88
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialPG View Post
Why does it matter now if it's already out
It doesn't, I was just checking to see if I read something wrong all along or if the release date was changed.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #89
Expert Member

Sep 2012
United kingdom, Galifrey, a time travelling banana powered motorcycle shopping trolley
United Kingdom

Can't wait til this release hits the UK on 25th march!!! I'll definitley be picking up the 2D version!!! The movie was brilliant in the cinema,the characters were great and the script was very sharp indeed. What impressed me most was the sheer brilliance of the animation!!! I'm sure the blu ray will be demo worthy with all the little details and textures!! It was a brilliant idea to bring theese characters together and i would (and will) happily watch this again and again!!! Fans are crying out for a sequel now, although the movie was a loss for dreamworks because of it being timed at christmas! I say if theres a sequel i'll certainly watch it!!!! "012 was truly a good year for movies and this was no exception!!! Roll on march 25th!!!

Keep watching blu ray lovers
Old 03-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #90
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

I am downloading the digital copy right now and it's on HD via iTunes.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #91

Sep 2012
UK

Does anyone know if this Blu-ray is region free? My hopping egg version arrived today from Amazon.com and I just thought I'd try the Blu-ray, fully not expecting it to work on my UK player. But it does! So I'm guessing it's region free...?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #92
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Singapore
-

I think Paramount and Dreamworks titles tend to be region free.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #93
Expert Member

Sep 2012
United kingdom, Galifrey, a time travelling banana powered motorcycle shopping trolley
United Kingdom

Can't wait til tuesday when i can finally buy this!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #94
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)

I rented this Friday night and really enjoyed it. Then I was at Walmart the following day to pick up another movie and saw they had the 3d version for $19.96 with a $8 movie ticket towards the Croods and picked it up.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #95

Jun 2012
Arizona, USA
Send a message via AIM to Zachariah617 Send a message via MSN to Zachariah617 Send a message via Yahoo to Zachariah617 Send a message via Skype™ to Zachariah617

Hey guys, has anyone had any trouble playing their blu copy? I ordered from amazon & not once but twice the blu copy has been skippy & frozen, they gave me a refund but allowed me to keep the second copy. Here's what I told them in the follow up email:

As I have said before in our chats, the first time I put the blu ray disc into the player, the animation for the menu was fine, I got to choose the subtitles & all that fine. But when I started the film, it was freezing and skipping. I opened the player, made sure that the disc was clean (for the most part it was) then I tried again. But got the same result, if there was another bluray player in the house, I would have tried it in that, but I don't so I just put in the dvd copy & it worked perfectly.

I should be honest though, there was some skipping, but there were some spots that were ok, but after 15-20 minutes, I gave up.

Then I got the new copy today, as soon as I got it, I tried it, right away it started skipping, though I should probably watch more than just the first few minutes, I skipped forward to the next chapter & it seemed fine, I was in a hurry so I didnt watch it long.

On the other hand, Right after finishing the dvd copy, I put in my Blu ray disc of Peter Pan & it worked perfectly, & today I put in the Blu ray copy of Perks of being a Wallflower and again worked perfectly, it was just Guardians that I was having trouble with.
_____

Am I the only one with a problem or...

Z
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #96

Nov 2012
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariah617 View Post
Hey guys, has anyone had any trouble playing their blu copy? I ordered from amazon & not once but twice the blu copy has been skippy & frozen, they gave me a refund but allowed me to keep the second copy. Here's what I told them in the follow up email:

As I have said before in our chats, the first time I put the blu ray disc into the player, the animation for the menu was fine, I got to choose the subtitles & all that fine. But when I started the film, it was freezing and skipping. I opened the player, made sure that the disc was clean (for the most part it was) then I tried again. But got the same result, if there was another bluray player in the house, I would have tried it in that, but I don't so I just put in the dvd copy & it worked perfectly.

I should be honest though, there was some skipping, but there were some spots that were ok, but after 15-20 minutes, I gave up.

Then I got the new copy today, as soon as I got it, I tried it, right away it started skipping, though I should probably watch more than just the first few minutes, I skipped forward to the next chapter & it seemed fine, I was in a hurry so I didnt watch it long.

On the other hand, Right after finishing the dvd copy, I put in my Blu ray disc of Peter Pan & it worked perfectly, & today I put in the Blu ray copy of Perks of being a Wallflower and again worked perfectly, it was just Guardians that I was having trouble with.
_____

Z
Might just be another faulty disc I bought mine from BBY but then again I only watched the 3d version.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #97
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010

Is your firmware up to date, Zachariah?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #98
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariah617 View Post
[Show spoiler]

_____

Z
No problems with mine
Old 03-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #99

Nov 2009
Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
Is your firmware up to date, Zachariah?
+1

Sounds like a firmware issue. If your firmware is up to date, you'll have to wait until they release a new one. I've had that problem with a few discs (Watchmen and Ratatouille come to mind). It sucks waiting, but what can you do?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #100

Jun 2012
Arizona, USA
Send a message via AIM to Zachariah617 Send a message via MSN to Zachariah617 Send a message via Yahoo to Zachariah617 Send a message via Skype™ to Zachariah617

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6AM View Post
+1

Sounds like a firmware issue. If your firmware is up to date, you'll have to wait until they release a new one. I've had that problem with a few discs (Watchmen and Ratatouille come to mind). It sucks waiting, but what can you do?
Looks around nervously...shhh don't want Amazon to catch wind :P

But seriously, didn't think of that. But why would it work for Peter Pan and Perks but not Guardians?

How do I know an update is ready?

Thanks,

Z
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America