Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$22.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
30 min ago
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Midway (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Knives Out (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.69

Pretty Woman (Blu-ray)
$5.99
2 hrs ago
Dragon Ball Super: Part 10 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Crawl (Blu-ray)
$10.00
50 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

Old 12-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #1

Apr 2013
Default Police Story 4 and Mr. Nice Guy Uncut - Blu-Ray - Where to purchase?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I'm pretty new to this website other than just using the main page to check releases.

I am looking for Police Story 4 and Mr. Nice Guy on Blu-Ray but I was looking for the original Hong Kong cut's of the movie but I just cannot seem to find these anywhere. I found some DVD copies but they appeared to be VHS transfers which was dissapointing.

Anyone know someone who is selling these?

Police Story 4: Runtime should be 107 minutes, not the 83 minute US cut
Mr. Nice Guy: Rutime should be 97 minutes, not the 84 minute us CUT

Same with Rumble in the Bronx if someone happens to know, original cut: 109 minutes versus the 89 minute US Cut. Oddly though, the version I have is 99 minutes which makes me wonder if that is a mistake on IMDB's website. Wikipedia says 106 minutes. Confusing.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #2

Aug 2017
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suislide10 View Post
Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I'm pretty new to this website other than just using the main page to check releases.

I am looking for Police Story 4 and Mr. Nice Guy on Blu-Ray but I was looking for the original Hong Kong cut's of the movie but I just cannot seem to find these anywhere. I found some DVD copies but they appeared to be VHS transfers which was dissapointing.

Anyone know someone who is selling these?

Police Story 4: Runtime should be 107 minutes, not the 83 minute US cut
Mr. Nice Guy: Rutime should be 97 minutes, not the 84 minute us CUT

Same with Rumble in the Bronx if someone happens to know, original cut: 109 minutes versus the 89 minute US Cut. Oddly though, the version I have is 99 minutes which makes me wonder if that is a mistake on IMDB's website. Wikipedia says 106 minutes. Confusing.
Did you take a look at the Warner Archive release of Mr Nice Guy? That has a 4K scan of the original HK cut, with the US cut as a bonus. Not aware of anything for Police Story 4 though.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:54 PM   #3

Nov 2007

On the Warner Archive podcast, it was strongly hinted that good sales for MNG would lead to PS4 and RitB getting a release later.
Thanks given by:
thebrid (12-07-2019)
Old 12-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #4

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrid View Post
Did you take a look at the Warner Archive release of Mr Nice Guy? That has a 4K scan of the original HK cut, with the US cut as a bonus. Not aware of anything for Police Story 4 though.
Awesome dude. Are there any other Jackie movies you know of in 4K or Uncut in 1080P?
Old 12-16-2019, 04:25 PM   #5

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo828 View Post
On the Warner Archive podcast, it was strongly hinted that good sales for MNG would lead to PS4 and RitB getting a release later.
Holy shit I hope so, I've been trying to find uncut copies of these forever. I've never seen Police Story 4 because they cut out blood and action scenes in the film and thus I didn't want to ruin it.

SuperCop they freaking cut some lines about George Bush Sr and some of the drug usage scenes, as well as important scenes where Michelle Yeoh talks about how the mainland is very different from Hong Kong.

Mr Nice Guy is missing 20 minutes so I have no idea what I am even in for here.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International