Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.69

Jumanji: The Next Level 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Midway 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Charlie's Angels 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Green Book 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.24

Gemini Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 12-21-2019, 03:25 AM   #21

Sep 2013

Yeah I'd really like Tron Legacy on the format but I do worry Disney will ruin the stellar audio, sadly.

Other movies I'd like to see:

Heat
War of the Worlds (was "leaked" ages ago with other titles that have since been released so I'm hopeful for this soon)
Kingdom of Heaven
Cast Away
Old 12-21-2019, 03:54 AM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2017
San Antonio, TX

With Top Gun Maverick coming out, it’s a safe bet Top Gun will get a 4K release.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMoviebuff77 View Post
With Top Gun Maverick coming out, itís a safe bet Top Gun will get a 4K release.
Hope you're right but Paramount hardly released anything in 2019. I wonder what's going on over there...
Old 12-23-2019, 02:05 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
I hear ya man, but anniversaries are a nice way of celebrating things.
I have nothing against celebrating anniversaries; I'm only saying I think it's unhelpful to tie home video releases to them. I'm happy to celebrate a significant anniversary of a movie I love, but if that anniversary is three years away and you're making me wait for the disc just so you can write "Anniversary" on the box, all you're really doing is delaying my giving you money.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #25
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

All good points doc, but several studios are tied to this 'cash in' model for better or worse.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
All good points doc, but several studios are tied to this 'cash in' model for better or worse.
I just wonder how recently they've done any market research on its impact. It's just difficult for me to believe it still has one that's significant enough that it should have any bearing on release schedules. If they're still doing it, I really hope it's because they know that it works and not, as I suspect, that they're just following the same old play book because to do otherwise would require imagination and perceived risk.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #27
Banned

Jun 2008
Dry County

I think it has an impact. Monster turned 25 this year and was reissued, remastered, and all recently. It ended up selling 344,000 copies within a month. Granted, it came with a lot of bonus goodies. But the point still stands. Especially for something that used record shops quit taking, as they have too many copies of it already that weren't selling. For better or for worse, the general public sees an anniversary coming up and they get all excited. Timed releases do really well. Take National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for example. Saw it in theaters over the weekend and the theater was nearly sold out.

I don't think that it would've sold out if they were showing it April. No matter how good the movie is. Same goes for It's a Wonderful Life. Our local Film Center shows it every year around the holidays. I don't think it would be near as impactful if shown in June for example. Tieing in to the holidays just makes more sense. Despite the movie not being a Christmas movie. Tie-ins have been around as long as I can remember and it has always worked to some level of degree.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:31 PM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
I think it has an impact. Monster turned 25 this year and was reissued, remastered, and all recently. It ended up selling 344,000 copies within a month. Granted, it came with a lot of bonus goodies.
Had the exact same set, sans "25th Anniversary" branding, been released a year earlier, how many copies do you think it would've sold?
Old 12-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #29
Banned

Jun 2008
Dry County

I'm not sure that it would have sold as much myself. The whole reissue is tied specifically to the 25th anniversary. Especially with all the new press and interviews. This is something R.E.M. has been doing since 2008 with their first 25th-anniversary release. I'm really not sure you can separate the two. Though I will agree with you and say that having an anniversary doesn't guarantee great sales. Take Cosmic Thing. It celebrated it's 30th anniversary this year with a special reissue, but it didn't make a huge dent I don't think. However, there was not real big push marketing-wise, so I that played more into it than anything. You have to market your product. Otherwise, I think these anniversary releases do work well with the right marketing.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:33 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2008
NJ, USA

Well, there were quite a few big catalog titles (including Inglorious Basterds, Fight Club, The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Gone with the Wind) that were no brainers for anniversary releases in 2019, but alas, it seems they're not really a priority for studios.

But here goes:

The Social Network, TRON Legacy, Kingdom of Heaven, The New World, V for Vendetta, In the Mood for Love, Unbreakable, Heat, Se7en, Dances with Wolves, Back to the Future, Brazil, The Empire Strikes Back, Raging Bull, Barry Lyndon, Jaws, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Patton, Psycho, Spartacus
Old 01-06-2020, 03:46 PM   #31
Banned

Jun 2008
Dry County

Shawshank was 25 years old last year? WOW!!!! I saw it in March of 1995 at the theater. I can't believe it lasted that long at the theaters. I didn't think it was that successful.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists