Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$38.99
3 hrs ago
The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Despicable Me 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-12-2021, 01:35 AM   #1

Mar 2017
Cool 3d blu ray and Xbox 360 3d games on CRT VGA

First I'd like to say that I have successfully played the Wii U, Switch, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PS 3 video games on a VGA CRT successfully.

I used an HDMI to VGA adapter which didn't require any external power, and I played it well. What I split the HDMI signal and then split it to my VGA CRT and my PlayStation 3D TV my VGA signal was ahead of my PlayStation 3DTV.

The PlayStation 3D TV was tested at 31 milliseconds of ping. If my CRT VGA is a head of the PlayStation 3 DTV by two frames that I know this is a lagless HDMI to VGA converter.

So I know I could play my video games with less delay than i did before.

Now comes the tricky part how do I get 3D conveyed through that adapter?

I tried using something called an x3d VGA 3D sinker and for some strange reason no video is going through to the TV. Any video at all.

First of all I can't figure which way is in and which way is out. There's no printing that says video in video out to indicate which end is which.

Second is there a difference between the x3d shutter 3D that uses a 3.5 mm connector and the Sega scope 3D glasses that use a 3.5 mm connector? I assume it works because normally when I watch it one eye is closed but plugged in both eyes are opened.

Third I get no video information at all not just booty video but no video at all using this device.

Do I have to buy some kind of device other than just the 3D sinker in order to convey the 3D video information on an Xbox 360 or Xbox One correctly between my VGA monitor and my HDMI only video game system?
Old 01-26-2021, 10:16 PM   #2

Mar 2017

Okay this is what I found the Master System glasses are by default shaded. When plugged into a 3.5 mm cable with no signal, both eyes open.

I guess that means that the shutter system does work and that presence of electricity on the eye's path represents open the eye.
This is the device I purchased on eBay it's called a 3D World x3d technologies VGA adapter.

Reading about it I see two VGA male ends and one of the male ends has a three prong cord and a 3.5 mm cord I don't know which end is in or which end is out. I'll assume the thicker end is the in end which means it takes a 3D signal in and uses that signal to turn on the sinker.

No I do have a crt vga. so I assume that means it'll go on instantly and be in sync without having to compensate for sync by having the CRT VGA monitor talk back to the device. or if it does it's built into the internal circuitry of this device.

I can't seem to get a signal out of it cuz I don't know where to place it along the line is it just before the monitor?

Also I don't know if my HDMI to VGA adapter is 3D compatible.

Also I don't know what frame rate and resolution is set at because I heard 60 hertz doesn't work with blu-rays. Should I assume you need 48 Hertz for a 24 Hertz by 2 eye presentation, or 120 HZ of a 60 Hertz by 2 eye presentation?

What playing with the TV resolutions help?

Finally if I want to send the 3D signal back to my capture card, is it correct to assume that I convert the signal after the split off between the conversion card and the TV? So at the path to the TV is alternate frames yet the path to the capture card is frame packed 3D?

also how could I be assured that a VGA to HDMI conversion card would correctly preserve the 3D 3d?

If my monitor doesn't have 120 HZ mode, does that just mean time to get a new monitor?

The main reason why I want CRT VGA 3D is because a the Sega Master System looks so impressive in 3D at home on a CRT, and two when controlling Sonic the hedgehog in Sonic Generations in 3D I don't want to be a frame or two behind like I am on my PlayStation 3D TV.

by the way here's the picture of my device if you want to see it.

By the way how come when I press photograph it doesn't let me take my camera picture and automatically load it. I have to find a website to post on.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Tags
3d blu ray, crt, infinite contrast, lag free 3d gaming, vga