Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bad Boys I & II 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
17 hrs ago
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Blu-ray)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Predator (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Goosebumps (Blu-ray)
$7.99
5 hrs ago
The Meg (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15

The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$9.99

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Sailor Moon Super S: Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.37

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$26.42

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 05-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #1

Apr 2012
Default Animated TV Programs We Want On Blu-ray

"How The Grinch Stole Christmas!", "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" & "Jackson 5ive" are already on blu-ray,
& "Adventure Time", "Regular Show" & "The Legend of Korra" are coming to blu-ray in june-july 2013.
But although most of the animated tv programs (including Hanna-Barbera's) are already on dvd since the 2000's,
hundreds of animated tv programs are not on blu-ray yet.
some live-action tv programs have hit the big time on blu-ray ("The Dick Van Dyke Show", "Star Trek" & "Star Trek : TNG",
& "The Twilight Zone"), why not the animated ones?

So what do you say?, let any animated tv program be on blu-ray!

(Note: I think puppeteering is technically "animation", so The Muppets, the "Sesame Street" muppets, "Fraggle Rock" & "Dinosaurs (1991)"
are welcome to be in the "animated" category)

This is my own wishlist of animated tv programs, American & foreign, that I think they really deserved to be on blu-ray.

"The Ren & Stimpy Show (Spumco version, 1990-1993)" (uncut & uncensored with John K.'s involvement)
"The Angry Beavers" (with Mitch Schauer's involvement & with the 1994 pilot & the unproduced episodes "A Tale of Two Rangers / Bye Bye Beavers")
"Pokemon" (for adult/teen collectors, with english version & uncut/uncensored japanese version)
"Azumanga Daioh"
"Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo"
"Pocoyo" (collector's edition for both children & adults)
"Sesame Street (classic version, 1969-2001)" (golden collection sets for both children & adults, with Jim Henson's children's involvement)
"Danger Mouse"
"Tiny Toon Adventures" (with Tom Ruegger, Sherri Stoner & Steven Spielberg's involvement)
"Animaniacs" (with Tom Ruegger, Sherri Stoner & Steven Spielberg's involvement)
"Freakazoid!"
"Spongbob Squarepants (1999-2004)" (season sets with "Just One Bite" uncut!, & with Stephen Hillenburg's involvement)
"2 Stupid Dogs" (with Donovan Cook's involvement)
"Dexter's Laboratory (1995-1998)" (with "Barbequor", the cartoon "Chicken Scratch (2002)" & Genndy Tartakovsky's involvement)
"Yogi's Treasure Hunt"
"Disneyland/Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color/Walt Disney Presents" (with Jerry Beck, Leonard Maltin & Jeff Kurtti's involvement)
"Disney Family Album" (with Jerry Beck, Leonard Maltin & Jeff Kurtti's involvement)
"The Muppet Show" (uncut & uncensored with Brian Henson's involvement, & with 2 versions of "Juliet Prowse", & tv specials from 1974 & 1975)
The Chuck Jones 1970's tv specials (including his 2 "Raggedy Ann & Andy" tv specials)
"Rudolph's Shiny New Year" (as a single special edition blu-ray)
"The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus (1985)" (as a single special edition blu-ray)
The "Peanuts" tv specials (chronological golden collection sets for both children & adults, with Craig Schulz's involvement)
"Here Comes The Grump"
The "Garfield" tv specials & "Garfield & Friends" (with Jim Davis' involvement)
HBO's "Brain Games"
Disney's "Bonkers"
"The Muppet Babies" (If the copyright-law people can accept this blu-ray release)
"Paddington Bear (1975)"
"The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle" (with Jerry Beck & Leonard Maltin's involvement)

& The tv-animated movies : "Dexter's Laboratory : Ego Trip", "Tiny Toon Adventures : How I Spent My Vacation", "Wakko's Wish",
Disney's 2 "Aladdin" sequels, "Pooh's Grand Adventure : The Search For Christopher Robin"
& "Mickey, Donald & Goofy in : The Three Musketeers (2004)".

There are still many more animated tv programs that are not on blu-ray yet,
like "Ducktales", "Doug (1991)", "Rugrats", "Rocko's Modern Life", "Batman : The Animated Series", "X-Men (1992)",
"Bump in the Night", the 1980's animated tv programs ("G.I. Joe", "Transformers" & "Rainbow Brite" & etc), Fox's "Peter Pan & the Pirates",
"Bobby's World", Osamu Tezuka's "Astro Boy"-&-"Kimba", "Count Duckula", "The World of David the Gnome", "The Raccoons",
the "For Better or For Worse" tv specials, "The Weekenders", the 3 "Noah's Animals" tv specials, "Pink Panther & Sons",
"Sailor Moon" & "Crusader Rabbit (1949)".

So I’m telling you people,
talk about & make your own lists about what animated tv programs you want on blu-ray,
Make campaigns and petitions about it,
& send mails & e-mails to Discotek Media, Warner Archive, Shout! Factory, Disney Home Entertainment, etc to tell them that
we want any animated tv programs of the world on blu-ray!

& to Jerry Beck, You are welcome to join us anytime!

Last edited by tonyboy85; 11-16-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Texas

The Flintstones and The Jetsons
Drink up, me arties, Yo Ho……

Sony KDSR70XBR2 70", Pioneer Elite BDP95FD Blu Ray player, Pioneer Elite VSX92THX Receiver, SVS 5.1 Speaker System: SVS MTS-01 (Left and Right), SVS MCS-01 (Center), SVS MBS-01 (Surrounds), SVS PB13 Ultra (Sub)
Old 05-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Power Member

Mar 2013

DARIA

Please, please, please put Daria on blu!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #4

Apr 2012
Lightbulb I love Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack!

Quote:
Dexter's Laboratory (1995-1998)" (with "Barbequor", the cartoon "Chicken Scratch (2002)" & Genndy Tartakovsky's involvement)...
Quote:
"Dexter's Laboratory : Ego Trip"
As for Dexter's Laboratory, it is my most favorite comedic cartoon of all time, while Genndy Tartakovsky's other Cartoon Network show, Samurai Jack, is my most favorite action cartoon of all time.

Genndy Tartakovsky, the Russian-born, US-based animator behind Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack, is one of my idols and heroes (the other being AVATAR and Titanic director James Cameron, who is also the director of the first two Terminator films).

Anyways, what I proposed is this:

A) A definitive, first-class special edition home media release of any of Genndy Tartakovsky's animation work at Hanna-Barbara and Cartoon Network between 1994 and 2010 (or maybe the complete Hanna-Barbara/Cartoon Network animation work that Genndy Tartakovsky has ever made or was involved in during that time period before he directed Hotel Transylvania for Sony), whether it's a full box set or in full season sets for Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack-- and something along the possible lines of a “Criterion Collection” for animation on home video—this time, on BluRay, and with dazzling high definition clarity (and quality) and the purest digital sound imaginable on the planet, as well as being, not to mention, done at the highest level.

B) Something that collects every single work that Genndy Tartakovsky has created for Hanna Barbara and Cartoon Network between 1994 and 2010, from the original run of Dexter’s Laboratory (including the Ego Trip TV movie, Dexter’s Rude Removal (with censored and/or uncensored track(s)), and even the infamous banned Dial M For Monkey segment known as “Barbequor”)to all four seasons of Samurai Jack as well as the 2D hand drawn Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon to the short-lived Sym-Bionic Titan (whose cancellation because of the failure of a merchandising deal led to Genndy Tartakovsky directing Hotel Transylvania for Sony Animation) as well as even preserving, restoring, and remastering all the original pre-Ego Trip run plus Ego Trip in their original unaltered broadcast glory--all in 1080p or 4K HD and in excellent high quality and with maximum bit-rate encoding, as well as, in addition to the original 2.0 stereo broadcast audio mixes, all new 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio remixes for the best and highest-quality A/V presentations imaginable.

C) Something that, even for an obscure 1990s kids cartoon like Dexter's Laboratory that gained a small cult following, and for any of Genndy Tartakovsky's other Cartoon Network/Hanna Barbara animation work (like Samurai Jack and Sym-Bionic Titan), might also contain the most comprehensive collection of supplemental materials (and not to mention, materials not yet seen before) ever assembled (and by no means imaginable) for any film, any series of films, or any TV show, whether be they live action, animated, or a blend of both.

and

D) Something that might not only be aimed at fans of Dexter’s Lab and Classic Cartoon Network and Genndy Tartakovsky's animation work in general, but also the collector, and especially in ways that even previous home media releases of especially Cartoon Network’s more classical shows (including that of Dexter’s Laboratory and Samurai Jack) never were.

While Samurai Jack, the 2D Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon and Sym-Bionic Titan might well likely get 1080p or 4K HD transfers taken directly from the digital source, all of the original pre-Ego Trip Dexter’s Laboratory stuff plus Ego Trip itself might also undergo a massive restoration process in order for all that to be fit for a definitive, first-class high definition presentation on BluRay.

And in order to give even all the pre-Ego Trip stuff in Dexter’s Laboratory and Ego Trip itself a very, very, VERY FRESH lick of paint in the very form of a massive, frame-by-frame digital restoration that might even bring the colors back to life and in their original unaltered broadcast glory, all without even the side effects of, say, DVNR, reinsert the infamous banned Dial M For Monkey segment Barbequor right where it always should have been (at least in the fourth Season One half-hour, and right between Double Trouble and the very first Dexter’s Laboratory pilot episode known as “Changes”), and even give the dialogue/voices, music and sound effects in Genndy Tartakovsky's animation work for Hanna-Barbara/Cartoon Network between 1994 and 2010 a whole new and very outstanding punch by way of remixed, outstanding and super-separated and immersive 7.1 DTS sound mixes/audio-sensory presentations, in addition to the original 2.0 stereo broadcast audio mixes, to say the least…

They will most likely have no choice but to go back to the original sources, and re-edit and reassemble even all that pre-Ego Trip Dexter’s Lab stuff plus the Ego Trip movie itself together from scratch.

For example, each and every single one in the original pre-Ego Trip run of Dexter’s Laboratory (back when Genndy Tartakovsky was the show runner) and Ego Trip itself will even have to be cleaned up and reassembled frame-by-frame from the original film elements all without even the side effects of DVNR while Samurai Jack, Star Wars Clone Wars (2003-2005) and Sym-Bionic Titan will have direct-to-digital 1080p or 4K HD transfers, the dialogue/voice tracks had to be reinserted and a lot of the sound effects had to be completely redone to fit the show’s 7.1 DTS remixes, etc.

And this will mean a lot of time and a lot of money, probably more time and money than has ever been spent to bring even something that is animated, used to air on TV during the obscure yet (to those who are children of the 90s at the time) simple and happy and innocent time before the 9/11 attacks in 2001, and have garnered a small cult following, to home video, had to be spent in order to make such a release happen, especially with Genndy's involvement.

Sorry it is a very, very, VERY long post, but at least I wanted such a BluRay release of Dexter’s Lab and/or the complete Hanna-Barbara/Cartoon Network animation work of Genndy Tartakovsky to be among the best BluRay sets of all time (alongside even the Alien Anthology or Bond 50 BluRay box sets, to say the least), whether it’s for a movie, or whether it’s for a TV series, or whether it’s for a series of films, and whether they’re animated, live action, or a fusion of both.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #5

Dec 2011

The problem with most of the series you've listed is that they only exist on tape. The original film negatives were transferred to videotape for editing. Therefore, that's the only means in which the final version exists. And, as I'm sure you've heard, CBS/Paramount recently conducted a massive restoration of Star Trek: TNG, that included returning to the original negatives and placing the corresponding shots (from film) in such a way that matches that of the edited videotape. The only possible way to restore the animated TV series you've listed (from mostly around the late-70s to late-90s) would be to conduct a comprehensive effort similar to the one TNG has received. The few problems doing this include: locating missing film elements (because these shows were never intended to be treasured decades later and never had the budget of TNG), lack of studio interest (Hell, most of these show are struggling to be released on DVD from tape), etc.

The positive aspects include:

- Friends has been successfully re-constructed from the original film elements using the videotape’s timecode.
- Jerry Beck recently responded to my question on Stu’s Show, that Warner Archive is re-mastering their 1980 Hanna-Barbera shows from the film elements, instead of video masters.
- The recent release of the banned Dexter’s Laboratory episode “Rude Removal” that was released online by Adult Swim, was sourced from a film element and is available in HD (although the show’s intro is up-converted from tape).
- The fact that studios and networks are always interested in preserving their content for the future. And considering that these are TV shows (TV Shows who have recently experienced an even new level of success on The Hub, DVD, Netflix, The 90's Are All That, Boomerang, Cartoon Network's Cartoon Planet, etc.) chance are that networks will want to acquire HD versions of the shows for future syndication.

I do believe however that we should push the studios to make the extensive efforts to preserve their animated shows. I'm trying to start an online fan campaign towards this effort.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
Special Member

May 2010
Melbourne, Aus

Batman: The Animated Series and the first four seasons of Futurama.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #7

Dec 2009

Batman Beyond and Batman the animated series.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

The New Adventures of Gilligan + Gilligan's Planet.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #9

Nov 2012
USA

Rugrats
Kim Possible
Hey Arnold
As Told by Ginger
The Wild Thornberrys
Samurai Jack
Xiaolin Showdown
Dexter's Laboratory
Johnny Bravo
Courage the Cowardly Dog Show
Cow and Chicken
Codename: Kids Next Door
Foster's Home for Imaginary Frieds
Teen Titans
Old 06-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA

Star Trek: The Animated Series
Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume I & II
Old 06-02-2013, 03:04 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
USA

-The Simpsons Seasons 1-12
-Futurama Volumes 1-4
-Family Guy (with both censored and uncensored versions)
-American Dad (with both censored and uncensored versions)
-Star Wars Droids
-Star Wars Ewoks
-Star Wars: Clone Wars Micro-Series
-The Amazing World Of Gumball
-Bob's Burgers
-The Venture Bros. Seasons 1 and 2
-My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
-Wander Over Yonder
-The Powerpuff Girls Original Series

Last edited by Nailwraps; 10-16-2017 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Added more titles
Old 06-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #12

Apr 2012
Default More episodes of "Talespin" & "Gargoyles" are finally on dvd.

"Talespin" & "Gargoyles" are not on blu-ray YET,

but "Talespin" & "Gargoyles" have finally got their long-overdue new volume dvds!, thanks to the Disney Movie Club!
http://openvaultdisney.com/2013/06/2...-cover-art-up/

If TV & Movie fans have never give up on demanding that they want any TV shows & movies on dvd & blu-ray, it CAN pay off someday!

& for "Talespin" & "Gargoyles", it payed off!

& for info about giving "thank you" notes to Disney Movie Club via facebook, go to this link.
http://openvaultdisney.com/2013/06/1...-this-tuesday/
Old 06-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #13
Power Member

Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHobo View Post
Rugrats
Kim Possible
Hey Arnold
As Told by Ginger
The Wild Thornberrys
Samurai Jack
Xiaolin Showdown
Dexter's Laboratory
Johnny Bravo
Courage the Cowardly Dog Show
Cow and Chicken
Codename: Kids Next Door
Foster's Home for Imaginary Frieds
Teen Titans
+1 and the batman the animated series
"I guess we were all just hungry"- Joe Toy
"good will always triumph"- Kai
“Cause thats what real brothers do whether their blood relatives or not they look out for each other. Those guys may have been related, but they weren't brothers there's a difference.”-Tom Mason
Old 06-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #14

Oct 2008

The Jetsons
Johnny Quest
Old 06-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #15
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.

Thundercats
Voltron
Transformers
He-Man
G.I.Joe
Bravestarr
Jem

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using carrier pigeons.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
Integra DRX-R1 11.2 channel & Emotiva XPA Gen3
Oppo UHD-203 & Sony UBP-X800B; PS4 Pro 1TB
Polk Monitor 50s Mains, CSI A4 Center, RTI A1s & 2 SVS PC-12s / PSN ID: Omegaice

Last edited by Omegaice; 06-29-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:33 AM   #16

Apr 2012
Default "Non-Disney Animated Movies We Want On Blu-ray"

I just want to say this.

Don't forget about my other thread!

"Non-Disney Animated Movies We Want On Blu-ray"
(the animated movies that are NOT disney movies)
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220187

Last edited by tonyboy85; 11-16-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #17

Apr 2012

Does anybody want to post more wish lists and discussions in here (if any of you really want to)?

anybody?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #18
Power Member

Jun 2012
Blackburn, UK
Send a message via MSN to Hussun1

Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z & Dragon Ball GT - remastered in 16:9
Family Guy
American Dad
Futurama - complete series
Superman/Batman The Animated Series
Batman Beyond
Justice League & Justice League Unlimited
Recess
Lloyd in Space
Dexter's Laboratory
Tarzan
Lilo & Stitch
The Pink Panther Show
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy
Pokémon
Digimon
Beyblade

Last edited by Hussun1; 07-03-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

Powerpuff Girls
Sailor Moon
Teen Titans
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Futurama
The Simpsons
Dragon Ball
Old 07-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #20

Aug 2009
Tukwila, WA, USA

Star Trek: The Animated Series
Justice League Unlimited
Young Justice
Teen Titans
Sharp Aquos LC-60EQ10U 60" LED / OPPO BDP-103 Blu-ray player (multi-region) / SpeakerCraft CS3 sound bar / Sennheiser RS 170 wireless headphones
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists